+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing interview questions

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi everyone,

I applied for inland common law sponsorship last October.
My landing interview is scheduled for Aug 3.
I am asked to bring:

landing interview letter
passport
2 photos ( I took 2 sets with 2 different studios just to be safe)
all the current and expired documents from CIC (i have my TRV, study permit and 2 work permits)
proof of payment for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (i printed the official receipt)
my sponsor and his government ID

I have some questions regarding the interview...
1.I have never received DM letter, does landing interview also mean DM on my app?
2. do I need to bring any evidence of our relationship with me (photos,receipts, joint bank statments etc...) just in case that the officer might need them?
3. Do I need to bring our current tax returns?
4.will my partner and I be interviewed in separate rooms?(he insists that's what going to happen)

any input will be appreciated!

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
Daisyli122 said:
Hi everyone,

I applied for inland common law sponsorship last October.
My landing interview is scheduled for Aug 3.
I am asked to bring:

landing interview letter
passport
2 photos ( I took 2 sets with 2 different studios just to be safe)
all the current and expired documents from CIC (i have my TRV, study permit and 2 work permits)
proof of payment for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (i printed the official receipt)
my sponsor and his government ID

I have some questions regarding the interview...
1.I have never received DM letter, does landing interview also mean DM on my app?
2. do I need to bring any evidence of our relationship with me (photos,receipts, joint bank statments etc...) just in case that the officer might need them?
3. Do I need to bring our current tax returns?
4.will my partner and I be interviewed in separate rooms?(he insists that's what going to happen)

any input will be appreciated!
1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. No interview its just to sign Your COPR

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
babymistycat said:
You got your PR in 8 months for inland, that's pretty fast!!! Congrat!!
in fact, it's 10...lol. there're a lot of ppl applied after me and have landed. I think the Trudeau government is indeed take steps to expedite the PR processing :)
I am still super nervous (excited at the same time) about the landing interview. Can't stop thinking about it...

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Daisyli122 said:
in fact, it's 10...lol. there're a lot of ppl applied after me and have landed. I think the Trudeau government is indeed take steps to expedite the PR processing :)
I am still super nervous (excited at the same time) about the landing interview. Can't stop thinking about it...
Congrat!!! :)