+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Interview Newfoundland

Maryfogo

Jan 31, 2018
I applied for Permanent Residency May 2016, through family Sponsorship. My husband was approved as my sponsor in August 2017. My application for Perm Residency was approved on Nov 16, 2017. My husband and I live in Newfoundland. (I am a U.S Citizen)

Here is my question/problem: the Landing Interview. I received a phone call on December 8, 2017 from IRCC in Halifax (NOT from St. John’s IRCC). The agent told me that we were approved to have my landing interview by phone because we live in rural Newfoundland about 6 hours plus ferry ride from St.John’s. The agent told me she would email me back about the time and date of the phone interview. She believed it would be Dec 18 and 19. I asked her why IRCC Halifax was calling me instead of St John’s IRCC. She assumed it was because the office in ST. Johns could not handle the interview.

I never heard back from her. We are now going into 14 weeks since my application was approved, and almost 9 weeks since Halifax called me.

Any feedback would be very helpful.

Thanks, Maryfogo

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Firstly check your spam folder for your email, as it there may be a possibility it has landed in there. Did she say she would email you at a personal email or put a message on your CIC account. If you still have the number I would call them back and ask. May just be a backlog of applications though.Are you going to fogo island?

Maryfogo

Jan 31, 2018
She was to email me at my personal email which we went over while on the phone. I have checked spam regularly. She called from an "unknown" number. It was my mistake not to ask for a number which I could call back if needed.

I have called CIC Immigration 888-242-2100 two times. The agents both confirmed that my application was approved for perm res and that St. John's IRCC was notified twice to set up the landing interview- the first time on Nov 16 and the second time was Dec 27.

My frustration level is high. In the mean time my U.S. passport expires in April. I understand I need my passport for my landing interview. This adds to my frustration. And yes I live on Fogo Island.

Maryfogo

Jan 31, 2018
Yes. The day back in early December I *received* the call to schedule my landing interview was from Halifax. I asked the agent why I was getting a call from Halifax as opposed to St John's. She said she did not know why, but perhaps St. John's could not handle my interview.

By late December when I did not hear back from Halifax.....I and my husband called the general CIC Immigration number 888-242-2100 phone number two subsequent times to see if they could give us info about my landing interview. The agents from these two separate calls phones told me that it would be St. John's that would contact me.

This all seems like something's not going on right--- as if I got lost somewhere since November when I was approved for Perm Residence.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It certainly seems like the two offices are not communicating correctly. I would call st John's again

Maryfogo

Jan 31, 2018
I ask more from this forum. Thank you russ6970 for your response-you are a connection and our exchange was helpful.

But is there there any one who has had my/our experience? I would like to hear more from any one to help guide. I am in Newfoundland

Reactions: russ6970

YPal

Star Member
Mar 19, 2011
A little out of context here but do you mind telling me what CSR scores you got for this region please?