App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
I applied via CEC on November 14th, 2018. I originally received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence appointment date for June 26, 2019 but I was out of the country and had to reschedule. I did not receive a COPR or anything for this interview apart from an email notifying me of the time, date and what documents to bring.

My appointment was scheduled for 2pm. I arrived at the building at 1:45pm and each door was locked with an arrow saying to access the other. I went up to the door on the left side and tried to open it. A security officer then came to the door and asked if I had an appointment. I went inside and he asked for the first page of the PDF document noting the time and date of my appointment. I followed his direction down a hallway and around the corner to another waiting room. There was already a family sitting there and a couple.

At 2:05pm my name was called to the single and only operating booth. I handed over my passport, receipt of payment, 2 x work permits (one valid, one expired), and 2 passport photos. He didn't seem interested in the receipt but also requested a form of ID stating my address. I handed over my BC driver's license. This is something that wasn't mentioned in the email. He wrote on my 2 work permits and put a line through them.

He took one of my passport photos and returned the other to me. He also asked for my original entry into Canada. I told him my first date was when on a visitor permit. He quizzed me further as he wanted the original date of entry that aligned with a work permit. I also told him my most recent date of entry.

Everything went smoothly. I was asked a couple more questions: Are you single, married, widowed? Do you have any children or dependants inside or outside Canada? Have you been convicted of a crime?

He then printed out a confirmation of permanent residence document and advised I keep this for life. He said I will require it when it comes to applying for citizenship. I was also advised to get stamps every time I entered the country and create a spreadsheet to monitor how many days I spend in and out of Canada.

Finally, he said "congratulations" and I was told I would be receiving my PR card in the mail within 2 - 4 weeks. Overall the experience was pleasant. There is nothing to be stressed or anxious about.

The next day I received an email from CIC that I had an update with my online application. I logged in to see that a "decision had been made" and I was approved.

Reactions: rily