Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16th April
Hi All,

I'm landing in Vancouver on thursday morning, does anyone have any tips for things which will make this process run smoothly, other than taking my COPR, and a bank statement?

Also, any idea how long this will take so i can arrange to get picked up at the right time!

Thanks

Ed

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
shirebikes said:
Hi All,

I'm landing in Vancouver on thursday morning, does anyone have any tips for things which will make this process run smoothly, other than taking my COPR, and a bank statement?

Also, any idea how long this will take so i can arrange to get picked up at the right time!

Thanks

Ed
I've seen people say it took them half hour and others over 2 hours.

Personally, I might just catch a cab from the airport to my relative's place because of the uncertainty with how long it will take to complete the process.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
shirebikes said:
Hi All,

Thanks

Ed
I haven't done a PR landing at YVR, but I did get 2 work permits through there. Both times they were very friendly and nice. The longest part of the process was waiting on the line at the office. It took about 40 minutes of line waiting and once I got to the agent, it only took about 15 minutes. It really depends on how many agents are working and how many people on the line.
It's super simple to get to immigrantion office. When you pass through the passport section, just let them know you are doing a landing, you'll get your baggage, drop your baggage off outside the office where there's an airport agent who will watch it, and then go right in. Once you are done, if there's any sort of payment you need to do, right outside the office where the baggae hold is, there's a cashier that will accept any payments. You then pick up your baggage and head out. It's all on the same level, right past the passport entry point.
If you are headed into Vancouver and don't have too much luggage, the Skytrain is a great option to use to leave the airport. It's about $7.25 and will take you right from the airport to the center of Vancouver.
Also, YVR has free wifi, so if you don't have a local number, your phone can use it to send free text messages or if you have Skype you can make free calls. Just remember to switch your cell phone to it.
Good luck!

shirebikes

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16th April
ok, thanks guys - i'm travelling with a bike and some skis so i will assume it will be more like 2 hours...

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Lol Don't attempt skytrain with that luggage!! Congrats in nearing the end of your journey. Your family can wait for you at international arrivals. They will see you on the screens walking down the hallway to the glass doors. If there are any delays in the process, a message can be put on the tv screens to alert waiting friends/family. Happy landings.