+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in saskatoon

Mohamed khalf

Sep 13, 2017
Greetings ,

i got my pr throught provisional nomination SINP,

1. If the point of destination in the COPR is Regina, then can I settle in Saskatoon instead, coz i changed my mind after the submission my application to cic regarding the city.
2. hence there is no direct flight to Saskatoon I am going to book my ticket to Toronto and I will book another flight to Saskatoon. if booked the ticket to Toronto and the connection flight to Saskatoon in the same ticket do i have to make the landing procedure in Toronto , or it will be done in Saskatoon . and do i have to collect my luggage in Toronto and checked them by my self to the other flight or it will be done aumatically by the airline.

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
1)don’t think makes any difference and once you have landed anyway you could live/ work anywhere in Canada.

2)you complete your landing in Toronto as the first POE so will need to ensure you have at least 3 hours connection time. Might not need all that time to complete a landing but just in case given can be busy depending time of day and flights arriving with new immigrants.

You will also collect your luggage in Toronto for customs inspection before dropping it off at a connections desk for the domestic flight.

As you will have a through ticket you should get a boarding pass for both the international segment and the domestic segment so it is only the luggage you need to drop off.

Reactions: Mohamed khalf

Mohamed khalf

Sep 13, 2017
Thanks alot for your help.

1)don’t think makes any difference and once you have landed anyway you could live/ work anywhere in Canada.

2)you complete your landing in Toronto as the first POE so will need to ensure you have at least 3 hours connection time. Might not need all that time to complete a landing but just in case given can be busy depending time of day and flights arriving with new immigrants.

You will also collect your luggage in Toronto for customs inspection before dropping it off at a connections desk for the domestic flight.

As you will have a through ticket you should get a boarding pass for both the international segment and the domestic segment so it is only the luggage you need to drop off.
lua

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Greetings ,

i got my pr throught provisional nomination SINP,

1. If the point of destination in the COPR is Regina, then can I settle in Saskatoon instead, coz i changed my mind after the submission my application to cic regarding the city.
2. hence there is no direct flight to Saskatoon I am going to book my ticket to Toronto and I will book another flight to Saskatoon. if booked the ticket to Toronto and the connection flight to Saskatoon in the same ticket do i have to make the landing procedure in Toronto , or it will be done in Saskatoon . and do i have to collect my luggage in Toronto and checked them by my self to the other flight or it will be done aumatically by the airline.

Thanks
Congratulations on receiving your nomination!

1. You would be in trouble if you were trying to settle in a city outside of Saskatchewan, but because both Regina and Saskatoon are in the province, it won't matter at all. You will love Saskatoon, it's very pretty and a little bit bigger than Regina.

2. The poster above already provided all the info you need regarding landing. You will do the immigration process in Toronto, get your luggage, go through customs, hand them back and go through security again.

If you have enough time (3 hours like the previous poster suggested) you could also get your SIN number at the airport in Toronto, it would be one less thing to do once you reach Saskatoon.

If you have any questions about settling in Saskatchewan, feel free to contact me.

Reactions: Mohamed khalf

Mohamed khalf

Sep 13, 2017
Congratulations on receiving your nomination!

1. You would be in trouble if you were trying to settle in a city outside of Saskatchewan, but because both Regina and Saskatoon are in the province, it won't matter at all. You will love Saskatoon, it's very pretty and a little bit bigger than Regina.

2. The poster above already provided all the info you need regarding landing. You will do the immigration process in Toronto, get your luggage, go through customs, hand them back and go through security again.

If you have enough time (3 hours like the previous poster suggested) you could also get your SIN number at the airport in Toronto, it would be one less thing to do once you reach Saskatoon.

If you have any questions about settling in Saskatchewan, feel free to contact me.
Thanks alot .