Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
Hello everyone - I have a quick question to ask. I have searched the entire forum but have been unable to find a conclusive answer.

My spouse's application has finally reached its end (family sponsorship). She will be flying into Canada in about 10 days so we are looking at flights. We have found a great Budapest-Montreal direct flight, which would be the best option for her. However, she does not have a CSQ as we did not apply under the Quebec immigration program.

I live in Ottawa and would drive to the airport to pick her up; her PR address and everything else would be my address in Ontario.

Does that mean it is possible for her to land in Quebec or would that still be a problem even if she intends to live in Ontario?

Thanks a lot.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She shouldn't have any issues landing in Quebec. As you've said, her PR card address will be in Ontario and she can explain that you are driving in from Ottawa to pick her up. I can't imagine it's going to be a problem.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
boris4c said:
Hello everyone - I have a quick question to ask. I have searched the entire forum but have been unable to find a conclusive answer.

My spouse's application has finally reached its end (family sponsorship). She will be flying into Canada in about 10 days so we are looking at flights. We have found a great Budapest-Montreal direct flight, which would be the best option for her. However, she does not have a CSQ as we did not apply under the Quebec immigration program.

I live in Ottawa and would drive to the airport to pick her up; her PR address and everything else would be my address in Ontario.

Does that mean it is possible for her to land in Quebec or would that still be a problem even if she intends to live in Ontario?

Thanks a lot.
No issues landing in montreal if you provide ottawa address. I did the same

khaled1984

Oct 12, 2014
zoya_99 said:
No issues landing in montreal if you provide ottawa address. I did the same

Hi,
Can you give more details about your landing experience in Montreal airport ?
I am planning to land in Montreal ( I am federal immigrant ) then to continue to Ottawa.
Do I need t show proof for connecting flight or something else like hotel booking in Ottawa ? or just providing an address in Ottawa will be enough?
Thank you

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
khaled1984 said:
Hi,
Can you give more details about your landing experience in Montreal airport ?
I am planning to land in Montreal ( I am federal immigrant ) then to continue to Ottawa.
Do I need t show proof for connecting flight or something else like hotel booking in Ottawa ? or just providing an address in Ottawa will be enough?
Thank you
They might ask for the connecting flight. But they didn't ask me anything about onward journey. I think it depends on visa officer.