+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Ontario or Saskatchewan with QCS

Farak

Dec 17, 2015
I have a family of 4 people, my spouse, my two kids (2 years and 8 months old)and myself. We all have QCS and our application is at the federal stage. It's a matter of time and our applications will be approved. Though I applied with the QCS and intended to live in Quebec, I have of late been thinking about this decision a lot. My reason is that, I'll be moving from the USA with my family. I'm the only person who knows and speak French. My spouse doesn't like the idea of settling in a province where English is not the dominant language. My kids, especially the older ones has began picking the American accent. I don't want my spouse to be frustrated due to language factors. We both have master degrees in Special education from USA. I don't want my elder son to loose the English language he has acquired so far.

Due to this, I'm reconsidering my decision to settle in Quebec. I'm considering settling in Ontario or Saskatchewan. For this reason, I want to ask if I can land in one of these provinces (Ontario or Saskatchewan) with QCS and be able to process my permanent residency card, social insurance number as well as apply for health insurance coverage and live in one of these provinces without any problem. Thank you.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
You have to do first landing in Quebec and then you can drive/fly to your chosen destination ( ON or SK). At POE , you will tell officer that you plan to settle down in Quebec.

However , I do hope that you decide to stay in Quebec. It's a beautiful state with ample opportunities.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you land elsewhere than QC, with PR via QSW, immigration officials can (& do) refuse to process your landing as a PR IF you don't provide evidence of onward travel to QC, & intention to settle there.

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
Farak said:
I have a family of 4 people, my spouse, my two kids (2 years and 8 months old)and myself. We all have QCS and our application is at the federal stage. It's a matter of time and our applications will be approved. Though I applied with the QCS and intended to live in Quebec, I have of late been thinking about this decision a lot. My reason is that, I'll be moving from the USA with my family. I'm the only person who knows and speak French. My spouse doesn't like the idea of settling in a province where English is not the dominant language. My kids, especially the older ones has began picking the American accent. I don't want my spouse to be frustrated due to language factors. We both have master degrees in Special education from USA. I don't want my elder son to loose the English language he has acquired so far.

Due to this, I'm reconsidering my decision to settle in Quebec. I'm considering settling in Ontario or Saskatchewan. For this reason, I want to ask if I can land in one of these provinces (Ontario or Saskatchewan) with QCS and be able to process my permanent residency card, social insurance number as well as apply for health insurance coverage and live in one of these provinces without any problem. Thank you.
Hi Farak,

It is a new life and everyone is afraid of the change.
French is a language that can be learned. Why not starting learning it while you are waiting for the process of your application.
Even when you will be in Quebec, you can attend classes and I assure you things will be fine.

for your wife and elder kid : http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/langue-francaise/index.html

We ,new immigrants, will face the same challenge, few will have the Qubecoise accent, others have to make an effort to adopt and understand the quebecoise accent.

Usually we sign a document (Intent to Reside in Quebec). My point of view, give it a try, sure you will love the experience.
try for you and the family: ASSIMIL le quebecois

Good luck

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Farak,

Have you thought of giving the Gatineau - Ottawa area a try. You will be living in Quebec (Gatineau), but with a large english speaking city right across the bridge. This may allow you and your family the opportunity to live in and get to know Quebec, while still having access to a large English speaking city. I speak a bit of French, but my spouse doesn't, and I'm hoping to live in that area for career reasons, while we both further our knowledge of French. Just an idea...

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
Mthornt said:
Farak,

Have you thought of giving the Gatineau - Ottawa area a try. You will be living in Quebec (Gatineau), but with a large english speaking city right across the bridge. This may allow you and your family the opportunity to live in and get to know Quebec, while still having access to a large English speaking city. I speak a bit of French, but my spouse doesn't, and I'm hoping to live in that area for career reasons, while we both further our knowledge of French. Just an idea...
You are right Mthornt. Gatineau would be a great choice. One of my friends in Quebec confirmed me the same

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
Mchd12 said:
I've heard it's a no no
Hi Mchd12 ,

Do you mean Gatineau would be a bad choice?
Please explain :)

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
Hi

Once you are a resident you can go anywhere...but with this being said, consider the following.

The area Atwater in Montreal is very good also where a large segment of the population speaks both English and French. The metro and other transport is close and as someone said Montreal is beautiful dude and you can go to classes in French. The beautiful thing with learning a new language and living in a society that speaks that language to which you are practicing is you pick it up much quicker. and if this doesn't convince you yet - consider this - Montreal is much cheaper than other areas like Ontario in terms of schooling (for your kids), prices for food and clothing and of course housing...If i were you I would give Quebec a try first and if it is not working out document the reasons why it's not working out for you, because after residency comes citizenship and at that stage you dont want to come across as though you lied your way in.

Farak

Dec 17, 2015
Mthornt said:
Farak,

Thanks for suggesting Gatineau - Ottawa area . I just want to know the following:
1. Is Gatineau - Ottawa a name of a city? I can't get much information on that on the internet.
2. Are you aware if some residents in Gatineau - Ottawa area work in the cities or towns of Ottawa?
3. How far is driving for work in Ottawa if you reside in Gatineau - Ottawa area ?
4. Do residents of Gatineau - Ottawa area cross the bridge to work in the english speaking city?
5. How long is it crossing the bridge?
You may not have answers to these questions, but I think you friend could be of help.
I wouldn't mind having his/her contact to write for specific information

Farak

Dec 17, 2015
mgazi said:
You are right Mthornt. Gatineau would be a great choice. One of my friends in Quebec confirmed me the same
Thanks for suggesting Gatineau - Ottawa area . I just want to know the following:
1. Is Gatineau - Ottawa a name of a city? I can't get much information on that on the internet.
2. Are you aware if some residents in Gatineau - Ottawa area work in the cities or towns of Ottawa?
3. How far is driving for work in Ottawa if you reside in Gatineau - Ottawa area ?
4. Do residents of Gatineau - Ottawa area cross the bridge to work in the english speaking city?
You may not have answers to these questions, but I think you friend could be of help.

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
Farak said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatineau
https://www.ville.gatineau.qc.ca/portail/default.aspx?p=accueil

https://www.google.com.kw/maps/dir/Gatineau,+QC,+Canada/Ottawa,+ON,+Canada/@45.4380794,-75.7084155,13z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cce1a7e0babee53:0x7cedf5701a140956!2m2!1d-75.7012723!2d45.4765446!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cce05b25f5113af:0x8a6a51e131dd15ed!2m2!1d-75.6971931!2d45.4215296!3e0

yes

it depends where you will be residing and where you will be working
use the google map to locate the place you will live in and the place you might work in