+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Kitchener-Waterloo local CIC office

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Did anyone landed recently in the Kitchener local CIC office? If yes, how did they contact you? Via email/phone/regular mail? And how long did it take for Kitchener CIC office to schedule a landing appointment from the date you called CIC?

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
vsoftco said:
Did anyone landed recently in the Kitchener local CIC office? If yes, how did they contact you? Via email/phone/regular mail? And how long did it take for Kitchener CIC office to schedule a landing appointment from the date you called CIC?
In case anyone is interested, I landed today in Kitchener, the whole process took less than 15 min. To schedule an appointment, you need to have your CoPR in hand. Then call IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 and talk to a representative (press 7, then 0). 2 days after I called, I got my interview scheduled for the following week, via an email from IRCC. So in total it took around 8 days since the date I called them (Apr. 26) to the day I landed (May 4), which is super fast.

HudsonBanks

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
vsoftco said:
In case anyone is interested, I landed today in Kitchener, the whole process took less than 15 min. To schedule an appointment, you need to have your CoPR in hand. Then call IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 and talk to a representative (press 7, then 0). 2 days after I called, I got my interview scheduled for the following week, via an email from IRCC. So in total it took around 8 days since the date I called them (Apr. 26) to the day I landed (May 4), which is super fast.
Nice! Thanks for the update. +1

ZAG

Oct 26, 2015
@vsoftco

Thanks for the update! I received an email a couple of days back saying that the application processing is now complete and the Kitchener office will contact me now. Would I get an email or a letter in the mail? Does that have the CoPR? How many days after the DM email does the office contact you? Thanks!

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
ZAG said:
@vsoftco

Thanks for the update! I received an email a couple of days back saying that the application processing is now complete and the Kitchener office will contact me now. Would I get an email or a letter in the mail? Does that have the CoPR? How many days after the DM email does the office contact you? Thanks!
I got an email from them. If you are sponsored, then my guess is that you will get the CoPR at the local CIC office.

ZAG

Oct 26, 2015
I just called IRCC and spoke to a representative to ask how long it takes for the Kitchener office to contact you after the DM email and whether is it via mail or email mostly, 'cuz I am temporarily away from home. He said depending on how quickly they want to call you for landing, they will mail you (most of the time) or email if they wanna call within a few days. He then told me the Kitchener office usually takes around 4 weeks after the DM email to get in touch..

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
ZAG said:
I just called IRCC and spoke to a representative to ask how long it takes for the Kitchener office to contact you after the DM email and whether is it via mail or email mostly, 'cuz I am temporarily away from home. He said depending on how quickly they want to call you for landing, they will mail you (most of the time) or email if they wanna call within a few days. He then told me the Kitchener office usually takes around 4 weeks after the DM email to get in touch..
Don't worry, that's what they say over the phone. However, in my case, after calling IRCC to schedule the interview, I got an interview confirmation from Kitchener within 3 days (and the interview was scheduled after a week)! The office is not busy, so you shouldn't have to wait too much. But again, this may depend on the circumstances. I applied as a FSW.

ZAG

Oct 26, 2015
So I received an email today (May 31st) with my landing appointment details. The DM email came on May 26th. The landing is scheduled on June 10th.

NicoleD

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
ZAG said:
So I received an email today (May 31st) with my landing appointment details. The DM email came on May 26th. The landing is scheduled on June 10th.
Hi, i'm somehow lost in translation. Why has cic vo to do with your landing? I just received my copr and it's not stated I have to schedule an appointment to find my landing data. I'm Outland Fsw with Pnp nomination.

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
NicoleD said:
Hi, i'm somehow lost in translation. Why has cic vo to do with your landing? I just received my copr and it's not stated I have to schedule an appointment to find my landing data. I'm Outland Fsw with Pnp nomination.
If you are an inland applicant, you can ask for "landing" at a local IRCC office, and they will get back to you with a scheduled appointment (you cannot just walk in). This is only possible if you are already in Canada, so you don't need to go to the border and flagpole. If you're outland, then the only way is to land at a border.

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
ZAG said:
Congrats, I told you it's pretty fast.

NicoleD

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
vsoftco said:
If you are an inland applicant, you can ask for "landing" at a local IRCC office, and they will get back to you with a scheduled appointment (you cannot just walk in). This is only possible if you are already in Canada, so you don't need to go to the border and flagpole. If you're outland, then the only way is to land at a border.
Tx :). Clear now. +1

MapleIt

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2016
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016
Nomination.....
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
e-APR
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2016
LANDED..........
19-11-2016
I called IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 and talked to a representative (pressed 7, then 0), gave him my CoPR details on 2nd November.

Still haven't heard back from Kitchener Office.

I'll be calling again to cancel my request will go to Rainbow bridge for landing :-( Too bad it didn't work out for me.

kwtracking

Jul 14, 2017
I called IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 and talked to a representative (pressed 7, then 0), gave him my CoPR details on 2nd November.

Still haven't heard back from Kitchener Office.

I'll be calling again to cancel my request will go to Rainbow bridge for landing :-( Too bad it didn't work out for me.
Please, could you let me know if you had to cancel your appointment before go to the Rainbow bridge or did you go there and then cancel your appointment. I am waiting for their contact and still nothing...

Thanks