Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Cape Town
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Gents

Not sure why I didn't think of it before. Just thought of it a day before the Flight.

I am flying to Canada tomorrow for my Landing. I just noticed that my tickets are Zurich to Montreal and them from Montreal to Toronto.

Does this mean that I will have to do all the PR formalities at Montreal? [Even though my final destination is Toronto]?

Regards
Gaurav

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
gaurav_2172 said:
Hi Gents

Not sure why I didn't think of it before. Just thought of it a day before the Flight.

I am flying to Canada tomorrow for my Landing. I just noticed that my tickets are Zurich to Montreal and them from Montreal to Toronto.

Does this mean that I will have to do all the PR formalities at Montreal? [Even though my final destination is Toronto]?

Regards
Gaurav

Yes, your Port of Entry will be Montreal and you have to go through Customs, it means your landing procedure will be completed there because within Canada Connecting flights are treated as local flight.

Please make sure you don't forget to pick up your luggage and transfer it by yourself (even though they will say that you will recieve luggage at final destination).

Please read below details carefully:

• If your flight originated from outside Canada or the United States and you need to take a connecting flight to a Canadian destination, you must clear Canadian customs. It is very important to remember that you must personally pick up your luggage, which you may then leave at the connecting-flight counter located immediately after you leave the customs hall.

You must then follow the normal procedure for Canadian departures and go through pre-boarding screening checkpoint “A”. Note that liquids, gels and creams in containers larger than 100 ml/100 g (3.4 oz) must be carried in your checked luggage. Such items, even if sealed, will not be allowed through pre-boarding screening checkpoints.

Best of Luck

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Also be very clear you are not staying in Quebec, as that is a condition of your PR. Make sure you emphasise you have an ongoing flight.

gaurav_2172

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Cape Town
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the information. This does raise the nerves a bit... I hope it doesn't complicate anything.

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RiZ92 said:
Yes, your Port of Entry will be Montreal and you have to go through Customs, it means your landing procedure will be completed there because within Canada Connecting flights are treated as local flight.

Please make sure you don't forget to pick up your luggage and transfer it by yourself (even though they will say that you will recieve luggage at final destination).

Please read below details carefully:

• If your flight originated from outside Canada or the United States and you need to take a connecting flight to a Canadian destination, you must clear Canadian customs. It is very important to remember that you must personally pick up your luggage, which you may then leave at the connecting-flight counter located immediately after you leave the customs hall.

You must then follow the normal procedure for Canadian departures and go through pre-boarding screening checkpoint “A”. Note that liquids, gels and creams in containers larger than 100 ml/100 g (3.4 oz) must be carried in your checked luggage. Such items, even if sealed, will not be allowed through pre-boarding screening checkpoints.

Best of Luck
I have had many connections in Toronto, coming from Europe, and never had to pick up my luggage. Can you link the page? Is this a new rule?

Maybe it's only for landing, not for clearing customs with your TRV?

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
mortywaves said:
I have had many connections in Toronto, coming from Europe, and never had to pick up my luggage. Can you link the page? Is this a new rule?

Maybe it's only for landing, not for clearing customs with your TRV?
Security measures have been modified a while ago.

http://www.admtl.com/en/guide/connecting-flights