Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Hello All,

As mentioned earlier that I would be sharing my Landing experience very soon..... here it goes.

I landed yesterday - 10/12/2012.

My journey started in Mumbai airport, India. One of the craziest airport ive ever seen. Nevermind... I cleared the security n stuff and went straight to my boarding as i was close to the flight time. Air France was my choice. A 6 hour halt in Paris.

Well, the initial take-off was delayed due to unsaid reasons. Wasted about 45 mins just sitting in the plane. Reached Paris on time.
Now Paris airport is interestingly big. If you happen to fly the same way, then remember to just follow the signs until you meet an airport official. Tell him/her clearly that you are on transit flight and mention you flight details. (Note: There are desks where the officials can be helpful). You might have to take the train to the other terminal. In my case, i did. (its not chargeable).

Waited and waited for the next take-off. Paris airport can provide some attraction whilst your wait. They have a provision for a massage chair, free internet usage for 15mins (which i just could not understand to be able to log into). However, i did see some people somehow managed to get access. I just gave up and tried it through my phone and was successful. Well, there are PS3 stations also set up where you could play games. That whiles away some time.
Well, it was time for my next flight. The boarding began and they check your passport and your boarding pass to allow you through. All done, there was another 20 mins delay.

After spending much time travelling i was finally at Toronto Pearson Airport.
You are provided with a declaration card in your flight. Make sure you have it filled in whilst in your flight. (Wont be a problem otherwise but just to keep you tension free once your in the airport coz there is so much to be done.)

So, i got out of the flight and kept walking towards customs... You first come face to face with the border officials after a few steps. You may or may not be tensed about facing them but honestly they are fine. You need not worry about anything unless your doing something wrong. They would mostly ask you "Why are you coming to Canada?" I said its my initial landing. They just allowed me through.
Walking further, you would reach the airport officials who would check your declaration card and passport alongwith boarding pass(wont be asked mostly). They will stamp the declaration card.
You are then let through. Once you get through, you walk to the Immigration section where you are guided to move to the newly landed migrants counter section. I was waiting in queue when a lady officer walked up and asked me details. She took my passport and asked me to have a seat. I was attended within 5 minutes and she went through the COPR and filled it in. Signed and gave me the copy for my use. (Always keep this safe until you receive your PR card.)They will now apply for the PR card for which they will ask you for the address in Canada. Note: You do not have to do anything in future for your PR card unless its 3 months and you havent heard anything.
Moving on, the next section is set up to provide you details as a newcomer. You would be handed pamphlets and books and stuff to give you much information about settling in Canada. Its quite helpful.
Next, you come out to the baggage section. If you have some Canadian coins, good or else you could insert the note and it will give you the change incase you need a trolley. $2 for a trolley is a rip-off i felt. You then wait and collect your luggage. After which you move towards the exit. The security will ask you for the declaration card. On seeing the monetary section where you should have ticked 'yes' for carrying more than $10000.00 you would be asked to go to the Customs. I personally told the security even before he asked me anything that i need to go to customs.
You then wait in line if there are people and once called, you go and show them your COPR, Passport and the B4 form. They will ask if any goods are to follow and incase Yes, you should have the B4a form too. In my case, i didnt need it. They might ask to open the baggage. Again i got lucky and saved time. Please note: Do not lie about anything. I had listed everything in my baggage and valued it on the B4 form. They will then photocopy the list and stamp it. Feed the details in the computer and give you a receipt. Once done, I was asked to go ahead. Thats it!!!!!!

My Landing Experience was pretty much smoother than expected. And i enjoyed it.

PS: To avoid any hassles, my personal suggestion would be to:
Firstly, have a list of items in your baggage printed out pagewise. You could club them into categories.... Clothes, Electronics, Personal Care etc etc. Attach the B4 form alongwith and keep it ready.
In the flight, fill in the declaration form and keep it ready.

Today being Day 2, I have completed a lot of formalities - Bank Ac, SIN Card, Health Insurance Card.
Its better to act faster to reach your goal quicker.

I would like to wish those who are intending to fly soon a successful trip to Canada.

TAPTATANU

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Nov-2011
Doc's Request.
send with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
04-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2012
Med's Request
24-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2012
Landing in Canada

Nick Manickam said:
Hello All,

As mentioned earlier that I would be sharing my Landing experience very soon..... here it goes.

My journey started in Mumbai airport, India. One of the craziest airport ive ever seen. Nevermind... I cleared the security n stuff and went straight to my boarding as i was close to the flight time. Air France was my choice. A 6 hour halt in Paris.

Well, the initial take-off was delayed due to unsaid reasons. Wasted about 45 mins just sitting in the plane. Reached Paris on time.
Now Paris airport is interestingly big. If you happen to fly the same way, then remember to just follow the signs until you meet an airport official. Tell him/her clearly that you are on transit flight and mention you flight details. (Note: There are desks where the officials can be helpful). You might have to take the train to the other terminal. In my case, i did. (its not chargeable).

Waited and waited for the next take-off. Paris airport can provide some attraction whilst your wait. They have a provision for a massage chair, free internet usage for 15mins (which i just could not understand to be able to log into). However, i did see some people somehow managed to get access. I just gave up and tried it through my phone and was successful. Well, there are PS3 stations also set up where you could play games. That whiles away some time.
Well, it was time for my next flight. The boarding began and they check your passport and your boarding pass to allow you through. All done, there was another 20 mins delay.

You are provided with a declaration card in your flight. Make sure you have it filled in whilst in your flight. (Wont be a problem otherwise but just to keep you tension free once your in the airport coz there is so much to be done.)

So, i got out of the flight and kept walking towards customs... You first come face to face with the border officials after a few steps. You may or may not be tensed about facing them but honestly they are fine. You need not worry about anything unless your doing something wrong. They would mostly ask you "Why are you coming to Canada?" I said its my initial landing. They just allowed me through.
Walking further, you would reach the airport officials who would check your declaration card and passport alongwith boarding pass(wont be asked mostly). They will stamp the declaration card.
You are then let through. Once you get through, you walk to the Immigration section where you are guided to move to the newly landed migrants counter section. I was waiting in queue when a lady officer walked up and asked me details. She took my passport and asked me to have a seat. I was attended within 5 minutes and she went through the COPR and filled it in. Signed and gave me the copy for my use. (Always keep this safe until you receive your PR card.)They will now apply for the PR card for which they will ask you for the address in Canada. Note: You do not have to do anything in future for your PR card unless its 3 months and you havent heard anything.
Moving on, the next section is set up to provide you details as a newcomer. You would be handed pamphlets and books and stuff to give you much information about settling in Canada. Its quite helpful.
Next, you come out to the baggage section. If you have some Canadian coins, good or else you could insert the note and it will give you the change incase you need a trolley. $2 for a trolley is a rip-off i felt. You then wait and collect your luggage. After which you move towards the exit. The security will ask you for the declaration card. On seeing the monetary section where you should have ticked 'yes' for carrying more than $10000.00 you would be asked to go to the Customs. I personally told the security even before he asked me anything that i need to go to customs.
You then wait in line if there are people and once called, you go and show them your COPR, Passport and the B4 form. They will ask if any goods are to follow and incase Yes, you should have the B4a form too. In my case, i didnt need it. They might ask to open the baggage. Again i got lucky and saved time. Please note: Do not lie about anything. I had listed everything in my baggage and valued it on the B4 form. They will then photocopy the list and stamp it. Feed the details in the computer and give you a receipt. Once done, I was asked to go ahead. Thats it!!!!!!

Firstly, have a list of items in your baggage printed out pagewise. You could club them into categories.... Clothes, Electronics, Personal Care etc etc. Attach the B4 form alongwith and keep it ready.

Today being Day 2, I have completed a lot of formalities - Bank Ac, SIN Card, Health Insurance Card.

I would like to wish those who are intending to fly soon a successful trip to Canada.
Welcome to Canada.I landed on 07-Sep-2012.

cut

Jan 19, 2009
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009
File Transfer...
19-02-2010
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
thanks for sharing

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Very useful information! Best of luck!

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Congrats dear on your successful landing!Wishing you the best Canada has to offer!

sterileinjection

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2011
AOR Received.
11/11/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Med's Request
24/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/02/2012
Interview........
blank
Passport Req..
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/04/2012
LANDED..........
31/5/2012
very informative post.....wish u all the best 8) 8)

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Feel free for any doubts or questions, would be happy to assist.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Nick Manickam said:
Hello All,

1. Just one addition. You must keep your COPR safe. You will need it when you apply for your citizenship (usually) and will definitely need it when you retire (I know a long way in the future) to apply for your Canada Pension and your Old Age Security.

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Yes very true. Your COPR is like the lifeline atleast until you PR card arrives. So no matter what, protect it safely.