+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA (POINT OF ENTRY)

lance090285

Jan 20, 2014
charmainefrances said:
If you are going to book a flight directly to Edmonton, then you will land at Edmonton Airport obviously, that is your point of entry and that is where you will get your Work permit print out.

It does not matter what time...morning, afternoon, evening or dawn....There will be somebody there at the airport to print your work permit.

Now if you land to Vancouver first, then that is where you will get your work permit because that is your POE. then you will catch your connecting flight going to Edmonton. They might check your work permit in Edmonton airport just to make sure you went through the right process...

get it? ;)
thank you.. this answers the question

baltixz

Jul 25, 2010
Hi I would like to ask if You were able to land in Edmonton directly without passing Vancouver or Canada?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi I would like to ask if You were able to land in Edmonton directly without passing Vancouver or Canada?
1. Well since Edmonton is in Canada, you would have to find a direct overseas flight to Edmonton, there aren't many.

baka123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
See the Edmonton airport website

https://flyeia.com/flights/fly-non-stop/

https://indd.adobe.com/view/e64e708c-937d-4e53-b8ee-3b67f3f5730e

Also you of course realised that you asked the question of a forum member who was last seen here near 6 years ago !!
I was told that if I land in an airport other than the city of my work, they may question the issuance of my work permit? I have a work permit for Calgary but I land in Vancouver first for 3 days and then have an onwards flight to Calgary after that?

Do you think this will cause an issue? Also I'll be able to get my work permit in Calgary?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I was told that if I land in an airport other than the city of my work, they may question the issuance of my work permit? I have a work permit for Calgary but I land in Vancouver first for 3 days and then have an onwards flight to Calgary after that?

Do you think this will cause an issue? Also I'll be able to get my work permit in Calgary?
Vancouver to Calgary is obviously a domestic flight so no immigration controls landing in Calgary. Any immigration including any permit would need to be completed in Vancouver. No way to predict whether any issue but least you have an onward flight to show if asked plus it is accepted that it is often not possible to fly direct to Calgary from outside of Canada.

ghel

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
i am a TFW also from manila, last 2014 my work place is in Grande Prairie alberta, but we landed in Vancouver since there's no direct flight going to gp, so we did all our paper work in Vancouver , since they are going to ask for all the requirements and they will indicate to your WP ur employer and work place.
after you get ur work permit you can fly all oved the canada (domestic) and you don't need to show any Work related documents as long as you have ur passport or any photo ID that issued in ur province.

last 2018 i did the same process but in a different destination, Manitoba. i get my WP in Vancouver still from Manila, instead of Toronto, because my advisor told me that it's easier to get a WP in VANCOUVER than Toronto,

ijus sharing.

ghel

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019

nope. as long as you have ur valid wp you can fly all oved the canada