+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Canada (POE)

ravneetbawa

Nov 20, 2017
Hi,

Greetings for the day !

I got my COPR and stamped passport yesterday. I had applied through Express Entry, however, while mentioning the destination city and province I declared it to be Regina, Saskatchewan which is also mentioned on my COPR. But now my cousin has shifted to Toronto and I am not sure where to land.

Do I have to compulsorily land in Saskatchewan and stay there for a certain time period?

Or Can I land in Toronto directly and finish the formalities at the POE there?

Please suggest as I am very much confused over this. I don't want any problems to occur at the POE.

Thanks in advance !!!

R

rish888

Hi,

Greetings for the day !

I got my COPR and stamped passport yesterday. I had applied through Express Entry, however, while mentioning the destination city and province I declared it to be Regina, Saskatchewan which is also mentioned on my COPR. But now my cousin has shifted to Toronto and I am not sure where to land.

Do I have to compulsorily land in Saskatchewan and stay there for a certain time period?

Or Can I land in Toronto directly and finish the formalities at the POE there?

Please suggest as I am very much confused over this. I don't want any problems to occur at the POE.

Thanks in advance !!!
Congratulations!

As you were not nominated by the province of Saskatchewan, you may land wherever you want in Canada, with the exception of the province of Quebec.

When you give an address to the immigration officer where you want your PR card sent, again you may give any address in Canada with the exception of the Province of Quebec.

Once you actually complete landing and become a Permanent Resident, you may live wherever you want, for as long or as little as you want, including the province of Quebec.

Best of luck on your new life!

ravneetbawa

Nov 20, 2017
Congratulations!

As you were not nominated by the province of Saskatchewan, you may land wherever you want in Canada, with the exception of the province of Quebec.

When you give an address to the immigration officer where you want your PR card sent, again you may give any address in Canada with the exception of the Province of Quebec.

Once you actually complete landing and become a Permanent Resident, you may live wherever you want, for as long or as little as you want, including the province of Quebec.

Best of luck on your new life!
Thanks a lot dear @rish888 !! It gave me confidence !!!

Also, I am looking to transfer my settlement funds to a Canadian bank before I land. Which bank would you suggest to be the best for me as a new immigrant and which can get the formalities completed from outside Canada, i.e., account opening, money transfer, proof of settlement funds etc..

Please suggest !

Thanks again !!!

R

rish888

Thanks a lot dear @rish888 !! It gave me confidence !!!

Also, I am looking to transfer my settlement funds to a Canadian bank before I land. Which bank would you suggest to be the best for me as a new immigrant and which can get the formalities completed from outside Canada, i.e., account opening, money transfer, proof of settlement funds etc..

Please suggest !

Thanks again !!!
You're very welcome. Just to double confirm, Saskatchewan didn't nominate you right?

As far as banking matters go unfortunately I'm not the right person. My recommendation would be to post these questions in the settlement section of the forum.

ravneetbawa

Nov 20, 2017
You're very welcome. Just to double confirm, Saskatchewan didn't nominate you right?

As far as banking matters go unfortunately I'm not the right person. My recommendation would be to post these questions in the settlement section of the forum.
Yes... Neither I applied for SINP nor I got any nomination from the province... I applied directly through the Express Entry profile and got an invitation as my CRS points were 470... Only after getting the ITA when I applied to IRCC for the Permanent Residency... there was an option where I mentioned my destination city to be Regina, SK. Please acknowledge and confirm.

Alright... I’ll direct my bank related query to the other forum...

Thanks a lot once again !

R

rish888

Yes... Neither I applied for SINP nor I got any nomination from the province... I applied directly through the Express Entry profile and got an invitation as my CRS points were 470... Only after getting the ITA when I applied to IRCC for the Permanent Residency... there was an option where I mentioned my destination city to be Regina, SK. Please acknowledge and confirm.

Alright... I’ll direct my bank related query to the other forum...

Thanks a lot once again !
Yes, in this scenario everything I said in my initial post holds true.

Good luck!

Reactions: ravneetbawa

Kammyab

Sep 8, 2016
Hi there.... I have a similar question...

I have been nominated by Nova Scotia and would be landing at Halifax. My question is, as my flight from India is stopping over at London and then either in Montreal or Toronto, do I have to complete all the POE formalities over there or can I do it at Halifax Airport as I have a connecting flight booked to Halifax by the same carrier.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there.... I have a similar question...

I have been nominated by Nova Scotia and would be landing at Halifax. My question is, as my flight from India is stopping over at London and then either in Montreal or Toronto, do I have to complete all the POE formalities over there or can I do it at Halifax Airport as I have a connecting flight booked to Halifax by the same carrier.
Montreal or Toronto