NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30/Sep/16
AOR Received.
12/Nov/16
Dear All,

I have recently submitted my ITA documents and awaiting for the next step. I am a Nova scotia provincial nominee. I have two questions to ask, please clarify them.

1. After receiving my COPR, Should I land directly in Nova scotia only or I can land in any other place in Canada ?

2. Can I travel back to my home country before receiving my PR card ?

Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You can land anywhere, but if you land outside of NS, you will need to show that you're not staying where you've landed (with a ticket for an onward journey, etc.).

2. Yes, but you will need a Permanent Resident Travel Document to return to Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

AmBiNa

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 13, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 10, 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 24, 2016
hi

As of my understanding you have to land in Nova Scotia and you can travel back home as long as you give the customs an address where they can send your PR at.

get more experienced opinions on that

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've already answered the first question.
OP can land anywhere, as long as they can prove that they are continuing on to NS. This has been discussed to death on the forum, and this is the answer that is given every time.

It seems I may have misunderstood the second question. As I said, returning to Canada without a PR card will require a PRTD. If OP was asking about receiving their PR while in their home country, they will need to have the card delivered to a friend or relative in Canada, who can then forward it.

bala1980

Aug 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30/Sep/16
AOR Received.
12/Nov/16
istari said:
1. You can land anywhere, but if you land outside of NS, you will need to show that you're not staying where you've landed (with a ticket for an onward journey, etc.).

2. Yes, but you will need a Permanent Resident Travel Document to return to Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp
Thank you

bala1980

Aug 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30/Sep/16
AOR Received.
12/Nov/16
AmBiNa said:
hi

As of my understanding you have to land in Nova Scotia and you can travel back home as long as you give the customs an address where they can send your PR at.

get more experienced opinions on that
Thank you.