+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

mapplelover

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-8-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-06-2012, VISA 11-06-2012, PP Arrived 20-06-2012
what are the documents needed to re-enter cananda by air for a permanent resident. (apart from the PR card and passport and the ticket)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mapplelover said:
what are the documents needed to re-enter cananda by air for a permanent resident. (apart from the PR card and passport and the ticket)
Nothing else... those 2 r fine [& the tkt!].
It's only that if u do not have the PR cards - then u require a PRTD [obtained from the local consulate].

Qorax

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
I had landed in Vancouver last year and bought a car here.
Now I may move to Toronto for job, I have below questions

1)can I take my car to Toronto and drive in toronto. Or do I have to pay any taxes and change number plate .
2) can I drive on my bc driving license or I need to convert to onatrio license

mapplelover

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-8-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-06-2012, VISA 11-06-2012, PP Arrived 20-06-2012
1. can alberta immigrant on AINP program land in other province like ontario?

2. can the alberta immigrant (if landing in alberta) give the address of a person outside alberta for receiving of their PR card?

any help or pointers will be appreciated

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mailvdutt said:
I had landed in Vancouver last year and bought a car here.
Now I may move to Toronto for job, I have below questions

1)can I take my car to Toronto and drive in toronto. Or do I have to pay any taxes and change number plate .
2) can I drive on my bc driving license or I need to convert to onatrio license
1. Yes, u can. But for a limited pd [I'm not too sure but I think it's for 2 months]. After which u need to change the No. plates.
2. Yes, u can. Ditto as above... for a limited pd [again I think for 2 months].

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mapplelover said:
1. can alberta immigrant on AINP program land in other province like ontario?

2. can the alberta immigrant (if landing in alberta) give the address of a person outside alberta for receiving of their PR card?

any help or pointers will be appreciated
1. For AINP u have demonstrated/declared that u'd reside in Ab... thus, the BSO@POE would Xcheck that with u.
2. Yes u can 'land' elsewhere - but would need to prove that u r moving to Ab shortly. Thus, another province's address wouldn't work.

Qorax

mikextr23

May 10, 2011
@Qorax Just want to know if we have special privilege in terms of baggage weight in any airlines going to Canada since we are immigrant? For instance, can we carry lets say 50kg in Emirates Airlines? In your case, which airline did you chose and how much kilos are you allowed? Sorry if this has been asked before as i didn't read all through the 92+ pages. Oh by the way, my wife and I will be coming from Dubai and we're eying Emirates airlines. Thanks for your help!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mikextr23 said:
@ Qorax Just want to know if we have special privilege in terms of baggage weight in any airlines going to Canada since we are immigrant? For instance, can we carry lets say 50kg in Emirates Airlines? In your case, which airline did you chose and how much kilos are you allowed? Sorry if this has been asked before as i didn't read all through the 92+ pages. Oh by the way, my wife and I will be coming from Dubai and we're eying Emirates airlines. Thanks for your help!
1. There's no special consideration for new immigrants in any airline the world over.
2. Emirates permits 2x23 Kgs per pax... same is with KLM, while BA allows 1x23 Kgs per pax.
3. I've flown with all the three... I usually find KLM to be better [written about it on this thread earlier].
4. Emirates is long-haul, saves time, but is tiring - especially with kids. Besides it's pretty pricey.
5. KLM & BA r similarly priced... while KLM has a better leg space [BA is frighteningly compact].

Qorax

mikextr23

May 10, 2011
qorax said:
1. There's no special consideration for new immigrants in any airline the world over.
2. Emirates permits 2x23 Kgs per pax... same is with KLM, while BA allows 1x23 Kgs per pax.
3. I've flown with all the three... I usually find KLM to be better [written about it on this thread earlier].
4. Emirates is long-haul, saves time, but is tiring - especially with kids. Besides it's pretty pricey.
5. KLM & BA r similarly priced... while KLM has a better leg space [BA is frighteningly compact].

Qorax
Thanks Qorax! That was really fast reply! One more thing. When my wife and I got our passports back with the visa stamp we only got the "IMM 5292B" form. In your first post, we also need "IMM 5444E". Are we suppose to receive that form as well or it is normal that we just get it online and fill it up ourselves?

And another thing regarding the proof of funds. I've already send emails to Scotia Bank asking how to open up an account from here in Dubai but until now, i didn't get a clear answer from them. In any case, if my wife and I are to bring all our money to Canada in the form of cash, which Canadian official are we suppose to talk to regarding that? Do we also need to talk to any Dubai official in that regards? Is it the immigration officer that we need to declare our cash to? And how do we show proof that we are not money launderers since we'll be bring all our cash with us. Naturally, we'll be closing all our bank accounts here in Dubai. So i don't think we can request a bank statement for that matter? or can we?

Thanks again for your HUGE help!

mike

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mikextr23 said:
Thanks Qorax! That was really fast reply! One more thing. When my wife and I got our passports back with the visa stamp we only got the "IMM 5292B" form. In your first post, we also need "IMM 5444E". Are we suppose to receive that form as well or it is normal that we just get it online and fill it up ourselves?

And another thing regarding the proof of funds. I've already send emails to Scotia Bank asking how to open up an account from here in Dubai but until now, i didn't get a clear answer from them. In any case, if my wife and I are to bring all our money to Canada in the form of cash, which Canadian official are we suppose to talk to regarding that? Do we also need to talk to any Dubai official in that regards? Is it the immigration officer that we need to declare our cash to? And how do we show proof that we are not money launderers since we'll be bring all our cash with us. Naturally, we'll be closing all our bank accounts here in Dubai. So i don't think we can request a bank statement for that matter? or can we?

Thanks again for your HUGE help!

mike
If u had read this thread u'd find answers to all your queries. Nonetheless:
1. The PR cards application is no more required. It'd be done online by a BSO@POE.
2. Forget ScotiaBank.
3. Bring-in the settlement funds@80:20 ratio [80% in draft/s; 20% in cash/TCs].
4. U don't need to declare/spk anything while boarding [@Dubai].
5. While 'landing' u'd get a Declaration Card@the plane - mention it there.
6. At the Canadian a/port a BSO would check those funds... u don't need to 'report' to anybody, it'd be done automatically.

Qorax

mikextr23

May 10, 2011
qorax said:
If u had read this thread u'd find answers to all your queries. Nonetheless:
1. The PR cards application is no more required. It'd be done online by a BSO @ POE.
2. Forget ScotiaBank.
3. Bring-in the settlement funds @ 80:20 ratio [80% in draft/s; 20% in cash/TCs].
4. U don't need to declare/spk anything while boarding [ @ Dubai].
5. While 'landing' u'd get a Declaration Card @ the plane - mention it there.
6. At the Canadian a/port a BSO would check those funds... u don't need to 'report' to anybody, it'd be done automatically.

Qorax
Thanks again Qorax! You've been a great help!

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Qorax Ji,

How is the standard of the Public schools in Canada. I am intending to enroll my kid in one of the Public schools,but i am a bit apprehensive of the quality in general.The private schools are damn expensive, but education is of prime importance and if the public schools lack the standard then i may hv to loosen my purse.
There are two types of public schools - one is the normal one and the other is called seperate which are catholic schools.
Transportation is limited to students who are beyond the vicinity of stipulated kilometers.

What is your take on this.

Thanks and regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Qorax Ji,

How is the standard of the Public schools in Canada. I am intending to enroll my kid in one of the Public schools,but i am a bit apprehensive of the quality in general.The private schools are damn expensive, but education is of prime importance and if the public schools lack the standard then i may hv to loosen my purse.
There are two types of public schools - one is the normal one and the other is called seperate which are catholic schools.
Transportation is limited to students who are beyond the vicinity of stipulated kilometers.

What is your take on this.

Thanks and regards
1. 75-80% of our kids go to Public Schools. Mine do.
2. Even the kids of higher-end parentage study in Public Schools.
3. Being free, it's all the more reason why we chose Canada in the 1st place.
4. There's no difference in the curriculum & std of both. Actually most of the illuminati came out of Pub. Schools !
5. Catholic Schools [though Public] r for Christians of Catholic faith ONLY.
6. By law our kids get admitted in the neighborhood Pub. School... those r within a few kms. from home.
7. We have no say/choice in putting them somewhere & residing somewhere else... u'd require to provide your tenancy contract.

BTW: Public Schools in Canada r pretty good, personally I'd say, "awesome"... similar to our Dubai ones, but with lesser/no back-packs !

Nonetheless, it's your call dear Penpalji !
Qorax