+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

sirempe

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax,

i am a first time immigrant. I plan to stay in Edmonton, Alberta. Can I land directly in Edmonton (obvious yes)? I have learn from a friend that I have to land either at Vancouver or Toronto for the processing of my papers by the immigration officer. Is this correct? What i know is that there are also immigration officers at Edmonton Alberta. Please help.. I am from the Philippines and I am to book my flight.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You "land" in the first port of entry regardless it is Vancouver, Toronto or Edmonton. You can land directly in Edmonton if you can fly directly from the Phillipines.

sirempe said:
Qorax,

i am a first time immigrant. I plan to stay in Edmonton, Alberta. Can I land directly in Edmonton (obvious yes)? I have learn from a friend that I have to land either at Vancouver or Toronto for the processing of my papers by the immigration officer. Is this correct? What i know is that there are also immigration officers at Edmonton Alberta. Please help.. I am from the Philippines and I am to book my flight.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sirempe said:
Qorax,

Steaky has opined correctly. As I understand there's no direct flight between Manila & Edmonton -- so, 'via' is the only possibility... thus, u'd do your 'landing'@the 1st Canadian a/port from which u r taking the connecting flight to Edmonton.

It's not that one cannot complete/perform his/her 'record of landing'@Edmonton a/port -- it's just that u might not be able to go there directly. If u could - u would.

Qorax

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Hello guys,

I am very greatful I found this thread and all the helpful information!
Thanks to all seniors for the great advices!

Please, forgive me if I repeat a question, but here is my situation. We are currently in the US and we are on about to land in Canada next week by car. Since its our first landing (QSW) do we need to do all the export-import documents for the car?
Also, I read somewhere (I think it was the official cic website) that you can apply for urgent PR card as long as you provide an evidence of paid airline tickets. Have you heard of such a thing?
Also, do you guys think it matters which port of entry we chose for landing, are all of them proceeding new permanent resident immigrants?
I will certainly let you know about our experience once we go through, but any tips will be greatly appreciated!
Thank You!!!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ton40 said:
Hello guys,

I am very greatful I found this thread and all the helpful information!
Thanks to all seniors for the great advices!

Please, forgive me if I repeat a question, but here is my situation. We are currently in the US and we are on about to land in Canada next week by car...
Since its our first landing (QSW) do we need to do all the export-import documents for the car?
- You may, you may not. The BSO@the Border Post is likely to ask u though - wherein u may state that u'd do so later. But remember, with that US No. plate u have a time limitation to drive in Canada though... I'm not sure but I think it's for 2 months.

Also, I read somewhere (I think it was the official cic website) that you can apply for urgent PR card as long as you provide an evidence of paid airline tickets. Have you heard of such a thing?
- Nope... it wouldn't work.

Also, do you guys think it matters which port of entry we chose for landing, are all of them proceeding new permanent resident immigrants?
-Technically it doesn't, as IO's r available in every Border Post... however, it'd do u good to call-them-up before hand, 'coz@some BPs they r available during office hrs./days only. But,@Sarnia, Rainbow Bridge etc. they r available 24/7.

Qorax

rabbitpriya

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
18/07/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
22 November 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 5th 2012
Passport Req..
22 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made feb 18/2012, visa stamped...14 feb 2012
Hi Qurox,

I am about to apply for Permanent Residence to Canada, please may I know about choosing a destination of landing. Are there any specific things to consider before choosing one.

Secondly, I want to include my common law partner who is not accompanying me to Canada, what are the documents I need to submit.

Please, kindly advice.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards
Priya

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rabbitpriya said:
Hi Qurox,

I am about to apply for Permanent Residence to Canada, please may I know about choosing a destination of landing. Are there any specific things to consider before choosing one.

Secondly, I want to include my common law partner who is not accompanying me to Canada, what are the documents I need to submit.

Please, kindly advice.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards
Priya
1. Dest. makes no difference -- mark anything except Quebec [if u aren't a QSW applicant].
2. U need to attach everything for him as well, just mention non-accompanying.

Qorax

rabbitpriya

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
18/07/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
22 November 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 5th 2012
Passport Req..
22 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made feb 18/2012, visa stamped...14 feb 2012
Hi Qorax,

Thanks a lot for reply.

Priya

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
We are day or two from crossing the border so I will let you know how it goes!

hassanbukhari

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hii All,

I am planning to do my landing in June and have one question regarding the jewelery to carry. Along with photos of Jewelery is it required to take the original reciept.

Somebody told me its required and i also have to attest.

Regards,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife carried her jewelries, photos of the jewelries but forgot to attest. At the POE (YVR airport), CBSA officers told us we are free to bring in without any questions and didn't even look at the photos and actual jewelries.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hassanbukhari said:
Hii All,

I am planning to do my landing in June and have one question regarding the jewelery to carry. Along with photos of Jewelery is it required to take the original reciept.

Somebody told me its required and i also have to attest.

Regards,
In the B4 u need to place a 'valuation' for the items [Jewellry incl]... thus it'd be good to have the receipts along... attestation N/R.
Qorax

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
Friends,

We are ready to begin our new journey tomorrow!!!!!

Feels really happy to start new life with new challenges.

Thanks to all fellow members for their advice and support throughout my application process.

Regards
CBI