+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

bnimsin

Apr 20, 2010
qorax said:
Good work there Buddy!
Pls see my remarks in 'purple'.

Qorax
*Form IMM5444E - is no more required. The BSO @ POE will do the task online @ his system.
Dear Qorax,
I am a landed PR(fsw1,Landed on 13th March 2011,couple and 7yrs child).
if i want to visit my us based relative which is the safe time(after how many months) to apply for USA visitor visa.

i want to see my relative in may 2011(after two months of my landing).
what r the chances?

ghe

Mar 22, 2011
qorax said:
Thanx buddy!

1. That's perfectly alright.
2. They don't need to send the PRCs to u @ US -- u can reEnter Canada with your pps+COPR if u r self-driving*.

Qorax
*Else, Yes - if u enter by public tpt.
Qorax, many thanks for your prompt response, you're the best.

1. Ok, no need for PR cards to enter US as long as we have US visa before expiration (via plane - two way tickets to ensure no questions might asked for overstaying, etc), right?

2. We are entering USA (Indiana) via plane so I guess we need PR cards (to be sent by our relatives from Toronto to US) to be used to re-enter Canada, pls confirm if my understanding is correct.

Just thinking..or to enter first US and later Canada? but i think it is better to complete first Canada landing so that no worries while we are in the US, am i right?

Thanks,
Ghe

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CBI said:
Friends,

I have prepared a list before & after landing........

Please add your comments & specifications.
Good job to concise and make bullets for "Preparation checklist around landing" of what our Qorax sir explained earlier neatly in details....... Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bnimsin said:
Dear Qorax,
I am a landed PR(fsw1,Landed on 13th March 2011,couple and 7yrs child).
if i want to visit my us based relative which is the safe time(after how many months) to apply for USA visitor visa.

i want to see my relative in may 2011(after two months of my landing).
what r the chances?
Usually one should try for the US Visit after fetching a job here - with some month's sal being added into the bank. This strengthens our Canadian ties - Else, it might get rejected.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ghe said:
Qorax, many thanks for your prompt response, you're the best.

1. Ok, no need for PR cards to enter US as long as we have US visa before expiration (via plane - two way tickets to ensure no questions might asked for overstaying, etc), right?

2. We are entering USA (Indiana) via plane so I guess we need PR cards (to be sent by our relatives from Toronto to US) to be used to re-enter Canada, pls confirm if my understanding is correct.

Just thinking..or to enter first US and later Canada? but i think it is better to complete first Canada landing so that no worries while we are in the US, am i right?

Thanks,
Ghe
Both your assumptions r correct!

bnimsin

Apr 20, 2010
qorax said:
Usually one should try for the US Visit after fetching a job here - with some month's sal being added into the bank. This strengthens our Canadian ties - Else, it might get rejected.

Qorax
Thanks for reply,
but after how many months should i apply for usa visa for all of us. is it 5,7,8,9??
what time is usually reasonable to apply for?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bnimsin said:
Thanks for reply,
but after how many months should i apply for usa visa for all of us. is it 5,7,8,9??
what time is usually reasonable to apply for?
After 5-6 months of sal being added into the bank a/c.

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
fariza said:
Good job to concise and make bullets for "Preparation checklist around landing" of what our Qorax sir explained earlier neatly in details....... Thanks
Thanks Fariza........

Hope all friends will add some more bullets to it.

AliAbbas704

Jan 19, 2011
qorax said:
After 5-6 months of sal being added into the bank a/c.
Dear Qorax,

first off, +100 for yur efforts u made on this forum..
telling u abt my case..i am a post june applicant...file received 29th sep,2010...got my 1st AOR on 31 jan ,11..on feb 11, i have a baby born..on making an enquiry to my VO ( london),i hav been asked to submit the few documents related to new born..i sent those and fees and they received that on 18-03-11..
dear qorax, my question is when would i expect to get the 2nd AOR from VO? or i just get the MR straight away? secondly few apllicants of london VO got MR without any 2nd AOR(knew through dis forum),,so if MR is on its way towards me ,will i be getting it through post or they will be sending it by an email??
how long i have to wait for that,in yur view?
Thanking you in advance

regards
Ali

ppatra

Mar 24, 2011
HI all,

This is a question regarding the photo..
I shall be landing in Canada for a couple of days from US...As seen in this forum much trouble comes for the photos.
Here in the US whichever photo studio I am going to they are not able to give me the required specification photos...So what I was wondering after landing in Canda to shoot the photos for the PR card there itself..

Can anyone tell me is it ok to give the photos later after completing the landing formalities..??

Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any photo studio should be able to give you photos to your specifications. Take a rules with you as well as the instructions and refuse to leave until your photos match the specs. It is only a question of the head size being within range and also the photo has to be cut to the right size.

However, if you are close to landing, that means you have already sent them your photos. In most cases they will use the photos you send for your PR application for the card. If it so happens that your photos do not meet the specifications, they will send you a letter and give you an appointment to bring new photos. You can have those photos taken in Canada. However, you still need to bring the instructions because the photographers in Canada mostly take passport photos and PR photos do not have the same specifications.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
AliAbbas704 said:
Dear Qorax,

first off, +100 for yur efforts u made on this forum..
telling u abt my case..i am a post june applicant...file received 29th sep,2010...got my 1st AOR on 31 jan ,11..on feb 11, i have a baby born..on making an enquiry to my VO ( london),i hav been asked to submit the few documents related to new born..i sent those and fees and they received that on 18-03-11..
dear qorax, my question is when would i expect to get the 2nd AOR from VO? or i just get the MR straight away? secondly few apllicants of london VO got MR without any 2nd AOR(knew through dis forum),,so if MR is on its way towards me ,will i be getting it through post or they will be sending it by an email??
how long i have to wait for that,in yur view?
Thanking you in advance

regards
Ali
1. The 2nd AOR is the norm, even for post 26/6 cases. Yes, few pax do not get it - but that's usually in error.
2. Meds should come by 4-6 months hence.
3. If u have an email a/c set-up with them - it'd be. Else, it'd come by regular post.

Qorax

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Dear CBI
nice to hear your prep, it will be a nice work, pls share the draft with us then we will add more points in it.

thanks
swapnochary

CBI said:
Thanks Fariza........

Hope all friends will add some more bullets to it.