+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
WHEN SHOULD WE 'LAND':
After getting the PR visa, we are supposed to complete our 'record of landing', on or before the Visa Expiry Date [mentioned on the visa]. The visa Expiry Date is related to EITHER*:
a) 1yr. from the meds, or
b) Passport expiry date of the PA or anyone of his/her accompanying Dependents
*Whichever of the above 2 is earlier.
QORAX
I visited physician on APR 6th 2017 but my visit date is blank on my med exam, however it says that results were transmitted to CIC on APR 13th 2017. My COPR expires on APR 13 2018 that's one year from the date meds were transmitted to CIC. In this case is my med date APR 13 2017 or APR 6th 2017. COPR document was accompanied with additional information which only states that applicant (myself) should enter on or before COPR document expires APR 13 2018 but there's no mention of meds expiration date.

Disclaimer: I am not planning to wait until last day to land in Canada, however, there are a few things to wrap up before I do so and it would be wise of me to know what exactly is the expirate date.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
I visited physician on APR 6th 2017 but my visit date is blank on my med exam, however it says that results were transmitted to CIC on APR 13th 2017. My COPR expires on APR 13 2018 that's one year from the date meds were transmitted to CIC. In this case is my med date APR 13 2017 or APR 6th 2017. COPR document was accompanied with additional information which only states that applicant (myself) should enter on or before COPR document expires APR 13 2018 but there's no mention of meds expiration date.

Disclaimer: I am not planning to wait until last day to land in Canada, however, there are a few things to wrap up before I do so and it would be wise of me to know what exactly is the expirate date.
forget the medical exam date, you have a valid CoPR till 2018-APR-13.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/arrival.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22
you have till 2018-APR-13 to land, once you CoPR expire, you are no allow to exit Canada till you PR Card arrives.
once you land and meanwhile your CoPR is valid, you are allowed to go out and enter to Canada, by land using private vehicle, if you have a valid US Visitor Visa.

Reactions: drrishi and rkhan15

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
dear steaky...........thanks for reply..........my main concern was......that...............that whether CBAS also check tickets.........and if they see that i have return ticket.........and i am returning on next day.....................or they see me..........roaming in airport and seeing in departure lounge..............................will they put halt to processing of my PR application............?? whats the legal norms/effects.... for that............for my PR application....
once you complete your immigration formalities then you can take very next flight and travel out of canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I (primary applicant) and my wife were planning to do short landing this month through the Ambassador Bridge. But my wife is having some pregnancy complications so she won't be able to come with me. Can she land later? What are the possible scenarios in this case?
(We are expecting our baby by the end of January and our visa expires in February. Not enough time to get ready for landing after the birth of our child)
Thank you
If you want the baby to born outside Canada in Jan, I suggest you should not make a short landing. Contact the visa post and have them issue the papers to your new born.

Depending on the timing, I'm not sure why there's not enough time for landing after child birth. If the doc expires Feb 28 and child born on Jan 1, there should enough time for child to go with the parents for landing using his US passport before expiry date in February.

Last edited:

FReza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
`Greetings,

Is it safe to travel 1 day before my COPR expires? What happens if my flight is delayed due to weather or any other reason and i reach after the expiry date?

Does the PR gets cancelled and i have to apply for it from scratch?

UScanada170

May 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

I received my PPR and now waiting for my COPR. I plan to travel to Canada from NY by a rental car. I am not sure how difficult/easy or different it would be. Would really appreciate if some one can share their experience.

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hello everyone i am planning to land in canada soon.. i have few doubts about POF. I am from india. What POF is valid? I showed 13000CAD in my APR. i do not want to carry such amount in cash. So planning to take only 4000 of this 13000 rest 9000 will get later on in few instalment via western union my father can send it to me. But how to show at the time of landing information about those 9000CAD

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I received my PPR and now waiting for my COPR. I plan to travel to Canada from NY by a rental car. I am not sure how difficult/easy or different it would be. Would really appreciate if some one can share their experience.
Generally it's a nice drive over rainbow bridge compare to thousand island bridge further north. You can make a search in the forum for more experience. Type: rainbow bridge and you will see lots.

lushahz

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hello everyone i am planning to land in canada soon.. i have few doubts about POF. I am from india. What POF is valid? I showed 13000CAD in my APR. i do not want to carry such amount in cash. So planning to take only 4000 of this 13000 rest 9000 will get later on in few instalment via western union my father can send it to me. But how to show at the time of landing information about those 9000CAD
According to the posts of people, authorities are not asking about the PoF. They just ask if you are carrying more than 10000$ Canadian, in that case you have to declare that money otherwise no problem. But for the safe side, if you are planning to carry 4000$, take the bank statement for the rest of money with you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
`Greetings,

Is it safe to travel 1 day before my COPR expires? What happens if my flight is delayed due to weather or any other reason and i reach after the expiry date?

Does the PR gets cancelled and i have to apply for it from scratch?
Give yourself a few days of padding time especially when travelling in the winter. If you get delayed because of something like weather nobody will care they will just see that you didn't make the deadline.

Reactions: FReza

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
According to the posts of people, authorities are not asking about the PoF. They just ask if you are carrying more than 10000$ Canadian, in that case you have to declare that money otherwise no problem. But for the safe side, if you are planning to carry 4000$, take the bank statement for the rest of money with you.
Thank you i will do that. Do i need any letter or other document from bank?

FReza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Give yourself a few days of padding time especially when travelling in the winter. If you get delayed because of something like weather nobody will care they will just see that you didn't make the deadline.
Thanks. What happens if one misses the deadline?
Does the PR gets cancelled and the person has to apply right from the beginning? Or will he not be able to apply again?