+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

sharik

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2007
Doc's Request.
oct 2009
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Hi

Advice please!!

I am planning to go to canada in march 2011 only 10 days to apply for PR card, SIN & Medical card. My visa will expire in April 2011. Usually PR Card send by post?? Suppose if i lost the PR card in post or some other way then what i have to do??? Can i go back to canada without pr card?? or i have to do the immigration process again???

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thomas78 said:
hello qorax,

can you suggest best internet services, mobile phone connection for new immigrants......?

Internet and mobile phones are very expensive compared to Europe, in fact Canada is one of the most expensive in the world for telecoms.
Some mobile phone companies have three year contracts, in general, they are a rip off.

Internet - there are caps here on the amount of data you can move (Google UBB) so at present try teksavvy.
Mobile Phone - in Ottawa, Wind Mobile is the least cost option with no contracts. (very rare).
Land line - don't use one, buy dry dsl Internet and then get a VOIP service like comwave - the bad think is, it is a long contract.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
10 days is not enough for CIC to mail you the PR card. They will send the PR Card to addresses in Canada by post, so have a Canadian address ready when you "land". If you lost your PR card while outside Canada, you don't have to do the immigration process again to re-enter Canada. Instead, you can get a travel document from your local Canadian consulate in your country. No need to apply for the Medical card unless you are living in Canada for good (because some provinces have 3 months waiting period).

sharik said:
Hi

Advice please!!

I am planning to go to canada in march 2011 only 10 days to apply for PR card, SIN & Medical card. My visa will expire in April 2011. Usually PR Card send by post?? Suppose if i lost the PR card in post or some other way then what i have to do??? Can i go back to canada without pr card?? or i have to do the immigration process again???

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Is health insurance cover required in Alberta? My wife wants to complete landing in Calgary as her brother is there. Do they have the same proof of residence requirement for health card issuance as ON?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thommo said:
Is health insurance cover required in Alberta? My wife wants to complete landing in Calgary as her brother is there. Do they have the same proof of residence requirement for health card issuance as ON?
Alberta has a 1st day coverage for people who move from a different country. You do have to show residency but some people have been able to do that by for example opening a bank account and asking for a bank statement or a letter from the bank right away with their address on it.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Leon said:
Alberta has a 1st day coverage for people who move from a different country. You do have to show residency but some people have been able to do that by for example opening a bank account and asking for a bank statement or a letter from the bank right away with their address on it.
Thank you very much for the information.

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Hi all,

I am reposting this as i did'nt get any answer in PNP forum.
We will be landing on 10 march from LA to edmonton. So please reply as soon as possible.I will be REALLY appreciate.

I have few questions about landing in canada , if anyone can help me .
1. Proof of funds..for three people.....whats the best way to take (Cashier cheque, Bank statement, Cash).
2.Jewllery evaluation....I have some gold jewllery from my wedding but i dont have the receipts of them...how to write their value?
3.best internet connection and mobile service in edmonton for one month.
4. does anyone have sample of good to follow list.

These are some question. thanks in adv.

Paro

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Hi guys,

Please tell me which city is cheap for living in Ontario.
residence and furniture etc.

I am waiting for my medical, in the meantime i am collecting information about cities.

Dr. Paro

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah
WOW, WOW, WOW SIR, WHAT AN EXCELLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTT POST.

THANKS FOR THE EFFORT PUT INTO IT, VERY HELPFUL AND INFORMATIVE.

THANK YOU SIR.

SIHS ;)

mujahko

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Dear All,

We have a big problem, just now our youngest daughter was confined in the hospital with Primary Pulmonary Tuberculosis, she's 2 years old. We are scheduled to land on next week. If we think she can managed to travel and we intend to bring the medicines prescribed by the doctor for 6 months, is there any problem with that? Or should we not take the medicines and purchased those once we successfully land in Canada?

We are planning also not to take our daughter with us and will fetch her later but the problem is our visa will expire on 4th May 2011.
What should we do, our excitement was all gone...please help!

Thank you!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rabzee said:
Hi all,

I am reposting this as i did'nt get any answer in PNP forum.
We will be landing on 10 march from LA to edmonton. So please reply as soon as possible.I will be REALLY appreciate.

I have few questions about landing in canada , if anyone can help me .
1. Proof of funds..for three people.....whats the best way to take (Cashier cheque, Bank statement, Cash).
Combination of Cashier cheque & Cash
2.Jewllery evaluation....I have some gold jewllery from my wedding but i dont have the receipts of them...how to write their value?
3.best internet connection and mobile service in edmonton for one month.
Try to PM calgary1 for details. I don't know about Alberta
4. does anyone have sample of good to follow list.
Try to PM Robsluv for a sample. I think I saw one posted by him in this forum a year ago
These are some question. thanks in adv.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can always check with your vo to find the best solution

mujahko said:
Dear All,

We have a big problem, just now our youngest daughter was confined in the hospital with Primary Pulmonary Tuberculosis, she's 2 years old. We are scheduled to land on next week. If we think she can managed to travel and we intend to bring the medicines prescribed by the doctor for 6 months, is there any problem with that? Or should we not take the medicines and purchased those once we successfully land in Canada?

We are planning also not to take our daughter with us and will fetch her later but the problem is our visa will expire on 4th May 2011.
What should we do, our excitement was all gone...please help!

Thank you!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can read more from this website:

http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?k=LIVE_COST&faq_id=4001245

Paro said:
Hi guys,

Please tell me which city is cheap for living in Ontario.
residence and furniture etc.

I am waiting for my medical, in the meantime i am collecting information about cities.

Dr. Paro