+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

GIBALA

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
19 Feb 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR on 24 June 2010
File Transfer...
24 Feb 2010
Med's Request
13 Jan 2011
Med's Done....
1 Feb 2011
Passport Req..
sent on 10 Feb 2011
Hi Quorax,

Another question regarding my dependent child's education.

My dependent child is in the second year of Engineering course in India. We have applied to some Canadian universities and awaiting their confirmation on admission. We are also seeking transfer of credits for the courses that has been completed here. In your view, what are the chances of getting maximum transfer of credits and chances of starting from the third year engineering in these universities.

Thanks brother, again, for your inputs.

Regards,
GIBALA

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
GIBALA said:
Hi Quorax,

Another question regarding my dependent child's education.

My dependent child is in the second year of Engineering course in India. We have applied to some Canadian universities and awaiting their confirmation on admission. We are also seeking transfer of credits for the courses that has been completed here. In your view, what are the chances of getting maximum transfer of credits and chances of starting from the third year engineering in these universities.

Thanks brother, again, for your inputs.

Regards,
GIBALA
Regrets, I'm not well aware about the transfer of credits for professional studies. However, I doubt that he'd get much of them for an Indian course of study. Pls start a new thread & check opinions of others.

Qorax

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Be prepared that the number of transfer credits depends on the individual university that yr son is applying to and most universities may not inform u of the number of transfer credits till u have enrolled in the university, by then it may be too late for yr son to know which uni renders him the most credit transfers.

Also be prepared that most universities will not accept transfers for courses done in the 3rd to 4th year of their respective majors, especially in engineering degrees. most engineering degrees which are accreditated by the APEEG here in Canada has their own requirements to be fulfilled by the universities engineering program, as such, what yr son has done in India, may not be completely transfer to what is required here. So just be prepared for that. To be able to start from 3rd yr of engineering program from a program already done in India is almost impossible, to be frank, the requirements are completely different and most indian students, i know, whom has completed some courses in India and some have completed their degrees in India do and must need to make up for lots of courses lacking in the Indian universities and hence most of them start from 2nd yr even though they have completed 3rd or 4th yr courses in India. Do remember, India is a developing country and less recognizable credentials compared to a developed country such as Canada, so dont expect too much from the transfers from a lesser developed countries university to a developed one.

GIBALA

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
19 Feb 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR on 24 June 2010
File Transfer...
24 Feb 2010
Med's Request
13 Jan 2011
Med's Done....
1 Feb 2011
Passport Req..
sent on 10 Feb 2011
Thanks Qorax and abelkwh for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
I read instructions on the OHIP form. Proof of residence is required for applying for health card. That means one can not apply for it soon after landing? Is there any way out?
Thanks in anticipation.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In ON, you will not get a health card anyway until after you have lived there for 3 months. There is no way around that.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thommo said:
I read instructions on the OHIP form. Proof of residence is required for applying for health card. That means one can not apply for it soon after landing? Is there any way out?
Thanks in anticipation.
Yes, u need to attach your Residency Contract copy with the OHIP apps.
As Leon opined, there's No Way Around that.

Qorax

patelppuk

Sep 21, 2010
London Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 sep 2007
Doc's Request.
10 feb 2010
Med's Done....
20 sep2010
Passport Req..
18 feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 mar 2011
LANDED..........
28 May 2011
if u can give us more information about health insurance. which one to buy and with how much cover.
pl.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
patelppuk said:
if u can give us more information about health insurance. which one to buy and with how much cover.
pl.
14. Temp. Health Insurance: -Should we obtain a Health Insurance before 'landing'...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39920.0.html

patelppuk

Sep 21, 2010
London Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 sep 2007
Doc's Request.
10 feb 2010
Med's Done....
20 sep2010
Passport Req..
18 feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 mar 2011
LANDED..........
28 May 2011

cancan08

Jan 4, 2011
hi qorax,

if we deposit the demand draft to a local canadian bank after landing, how many months it will take to be able to for us to withdraw some amount from it?

thank you

thomas78

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
hello qorax,

can you suggest best internet services, mobile phone connection for new immigrants......?