+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
min1 said:
Thank u very much for the response.So, that means both husband and wife gets PR cards separately after landing(I mean two PR cards PHYSICALLY) and can travel in and out individually without the other after the first landing .AM I correct?
Yes, correct.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
min1 said:
Thank u very much for the response.So, that means both husband and wife gets PR cards separately after landing(I mean two PR cards PHYSICALLY) and can travel in and out individually without the other after the first landing .AM I correct?
Yes, once you complete the landing procedure the dependent's residency or whatsoever is no longer tied to the PA. Separate PR cards are issued to the dependents and they have to independently fulfill the residency obligations, as such they are free to go in and out Canada without the PA.

Reactions: min1

neelita07

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June '14
Nomination.....
October '14
AOR Received.
December '14
Dear all,

I am planning to land for a short time soon,

1. I wanted to know about the Goods to Follow list. Whatever I list here, I can take with me (not by courier) when I move permanently later this year.
2. Also, I will take my laptop/ tablet with me now. I will bring those same items later this year too. So, do I need to keep these items in both Goods Accompanying and Goods to Follow list or only in Goods Accompanying list?
3. Do I need voucher for Jewelry items? As some of those are gifts.

Please help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
neelita07 said:
Dear all,

I am planning to land for a short time soon,

1. I wanted to know about the Goods to Follow list. Whatever I list here, I can take with me (not by courier) when I move permanently later this year. Yes
2. Also, I will take my laptop/ tablet with me now. I will bring those same items later this year too. So, do I need to keep these items in both Goods Accompanying and Goods to Follow list or only in Goods Accompanying list? Your laptop and tablet can be listed on your goods accompanying list when you land initially. After that, you don't need to list them again when you return later or on any other travels to Canada
3. Do I need voucher for Jewelry items? As some of those are gifts. No, any estimated value you indicate on your goods list will be accepted

Please help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, see above.

neelita07

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June '14
Nomination.....
October '14
AOR Received.
December '14
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, see above.
thank you so much for the information.

BjFire

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Hello,

I am landing in Vancouver, BC with Family next month (Apr-17) and planning to live for one year. Anyone recently landed and can share their experience please ?

- Applying SIN card at Vancouver airport is possible or it has to be done in city ?
- What sort of questions do they ask from principal applicant as it says in the COPR and do they check certificates / degrees ?
- In goods to follow list, if we never bring the things mentioned (jewelry and other costly things), will that be fine ?

- Lastly, what sort of basic jobs (to cover basic expenses like rent, groceries etc) are available in Vancouver and how easily can we get them ?

Thanks a lot

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BjFire said:
Hello,

I am landing in Vancouver, BC with Family next month (Apr-17) and planning to live for one year. Anyone recently landed and can share their experience please ?

- Applying SIN card at Vancouver airport is possible or it has to be done in city ?
- What sort of questions do they ask from principal applicant as it says in the COPR and do they check certificates / degrees ?
- In goods to follow list, if we never bring the things mentioned (jewelry and other costly things), will that be fine ?

- Lastly, what sort of basic jobs (to cover basic expenses like rent, groceries etc) are available in Vancouver and how easily can we get them ?

Thanks a lot
1) No, SIN cannot be applied in airport. Check the service Canada website for locations.
2) No, they don't check certificate / degrees. They might ask if you bring money
3) Yes, even if you have none
4) Are you opt for minimum wage jobs? Go to craiglist and get an idea about rates. So, you don't want to live and work in, say, nearby Richmond? The city of Vancouver has some of the lowest vacancy rates in North America.

BjFire

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for answers :).
What things can be done on Landing on Airport ? What if we have no address, does the PR cards process gets delayed ?

I am looking to live in Surrey and work nearby. For survival minimum wage jobs should be fine for few weeks. I will try Craigslist, but it has only laborious type of jobs, how do I get more like brainy jobs (computer skills etc.) ???

steaky said:
1) No, SIN cannot be applied in airport. Check the service Canada website for locations.
2) No, they don't check certificate / degrees. They might ask if you bring money
3) Yes, even if you have none
4) Are you opt for minimum wage jobs? Go to craiglist and get an idea about rates. So, you don't want to live and work in, say, nearby Richmond? The city of Vancouver has some of the lowest vacancy rates in North America.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BjFire said:
Thanks for answers :).
What things can be done on Landing on Airport ? What if we have no address, does the PR cards process gets delayed ?

I am looking to live in Surrey and work nearby. For survival minimum wage jobs should be fine for few weeks. I will try Craigslist, but it has only laborious type of jobs, how do I get more like brainy jobs (computer skills etc.) ???
There's not much you can do at the airport - buying drinks, some shopping and fast food. You can ride the sky train to Surrey.

Yes, you need to give them your Canadian address otherwise they cannot process your PR card. You can also read local papers for jobs.

amis

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Med's Request
23-11-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear All,

Me and my Wife received our PRs in 2015 and we landed in Toronto in July 2015, stayed for a week and returned to India. We plan to move to Canada permanently in 2018. I plan to travel in Jan 2018. My wife is going to deliver our baby in Oct 2017. So my question is about including the kid while travelling.

What are my options if i want my wife and kid to travel by May 2018 that is after i leave so that my wife will also meet the residency rules and her PR will stay valid.

I have read online that i can apply for a TRV/TRP . Please let me know the process and also the processing time. What are the chances of the application getting rejected.

Please let me know the process of applying for sponsorship of my kid and the processing time for the same as well.

Appreciate your valuable response.

Thanks!

doctor_kale

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Hi!

Thank you for the detailed post...

I have one query, could you please attend to?

There will be a gap of couple of months when we submit application and time we land. So the POF that were submitted will be couple of months old. Do we have to carry the new POF letters before we fly? If yes, how recent should they be?

Thanks in advance...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
doctor_kale said:
Hi!

Thank you for the detailed post...

I have one query, could you please attend to?

There will be a gap of couple of months when we submit application and time we land. So the POF that were submitted will be couple of months old. Do we have to carry the new POF letters before we fly? If yes, how recent should they be?

Thanks in advance...
I would recommend that you carry latest bank letters/statements as POF when you fly.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
amis said:
Dear All,

Me and my Wife received our PRs in 2015 and we landed in Toronto in July 2015, stayed for a week and returned to India. We plan to move to Canada permanently in 2018. I plan to travel in Jan 2018. My wife is going to deliver our baby in Oct 2017. So my question is about including the kid while travelling.

What are my options if i want my wife and kid to travel by May 2018 that is after i leave so that my wife will also meet the residency rules and her PR will stay valid.

I have read online that i can apply for a TRV/TRP . Please let me know the process and also the processing time. What are the chances of the application getting rejected.

Your wife has PR status in Canada so she can land without issues. However, for the kid, I suppose you can apply for a TRV.

Check this --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=196&top=17

I don't think the VO will refuse the application for the child if you have the proper documents.

Please let me know the process of applying for sponsorship of my kid and the processing time for the same as well.

This -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Appreciate your valuable response.

Thanks!

amis

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Med's Request
23-11-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Thank you for your reply Rajkamalmohanram. But what if TRV is rejected for my kid because i will have to convince the VO that i am only visiting as per the link you sent.

Appreciate your help.