+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

sps

Oct 21, 2008
Hi,

I finished my landing formalities on October 31st 2010. I have given my friends address in the CORP to send my PR cards. My friend has still not recieved them. It is almost 3 months now and I have still not recieved my PR. Let me know if anyone of you who landed after me have got your PR card.

Also can anyone please let me know whome we need to contact to get the status of my PR. Please provide me the email and phone numbers.

Regards
SPS

Romford

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd Sep 09
Med's Request
5 Nov 09
Med's Done....
6 Nov 09
Passport Req..
April 10, again July 10
VISA ISSUED...
July 10
LANDED..........
Oct 4, 2010......
sps said:
Hi,

I finished my landing formalities on October 31st 2010. I have given my friends address in the CORP to send my PR cards. My friend has still not recieved them. It is almost 3 months now and I have still not recieved my PR. Let me know if anyone of you who landed after me have got your PR card.

Also can anyone please let me know whome we need to contact to get the status of my PR. Please provide me the email and phone numbers.

Regards
SPS
I landed on 4th Oct 10 and used family friends address, so far they have not received my PR card :(.

pocoyo

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ontario
Hi All,
Just a simple question about filling up the PR Card Application. I am currently preparing these documents for my family before we land in March. My questions are:

1. What date should I put in question number 2. Date you become a permanent resident of Canada"?
2. Do I need to fill-up section B-Your Immigration History? Not sure what to put in this field "Place you became a permanent resident of Canada"
3. Are my children required to fill these forms as well?

Thank you.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pocoyo said:
Hi All,
Just a simple question about filling up the PR Card Application. I am currently preparing these documents for my family before we land in March. My questions are:

1. What date should I put in question number 2. Date you become a permanent resident of Canada"?
2. Do I need to fill-up section B-Your Immigration History? Not sure what to put in this field "Place you became a permanent resident of Canada"
3. Are my children required to fill these forms as well?

Thank you.
a. The cost of the 1st PRC is 'included' in our RPRF.
b. It is filed 'online' by the BSO@the POE while 'landing'.
c. IMM5445 isn't required... unless we do not have a Canadian address upfront.

Qorax

pocoyo

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ontario
Thanks a lot Qorax!
Would you know what date should I put for the field that says "Date you become a permanent resident of canada"? Is this my arrival date in Canada?

So that means I will not worry about the supplementary form as I have canadian address to use upon my landing?

Thanks again.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Qorax Ji,

How are you.Hope things are fine at your end as they are at my end.I am getting acclimatised with my life in Canada.Just wanted to know what would be the best way/mode to send the PR cards of my family from Canada to India,to enable them to join me here.
Pls confirm.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pocoyo said:
Thanks a lot Qorax!
Would you know what date should I put for the field that says "Date you become a permanent resident of canada"? Is this my arrival date in Canada?

So that means I will not worry about the supplementary form as I have canadian address to use upon my landing?

Thanks again.
U don't fill-in nothing... no forms@all. All actions will be taken by the BSO@the POE.
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Hi Qorax Ji,

How are you.Hope things are fine at your end as they are at my end.I am getting acclimatised with my life in Canada.Just wanted to know what would be the best way/mode to send the PR cards of my family from Canada to India,to enable them to join me here.
Pls confirm.

Thanks
Best way/mode : 'By Hand' - thru a friend/relative.
Alternate mode : 'By Courier' - if u do not have a choise.

Qorax

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qorax,

as you know I have got PR visa as Provincial Nominee. At the time of nomination, my uncle showed funds on my behalf.

In the COPR document there is no mention of any funds requirement. I want to ask

1) Does any funds requirement is mentioned in COPR for FSW applicants or the format is same for all?
2) Is there any minimum fund requirement for me (the funds showed at time of AINP was 14,000 -- which my uncle showed)
3) what will happen if I have less funds than required at time of immigration.
4) is it possible that I show my uncle latest statement too at time of landing.

thanks much for your help. You have been great help throughout.

yeydme

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
AOR Received.
23-02-2010
Med's Request
23-08-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2010
Passport Req..
18-05-2011
Hi Qorax,

Is it ok to make your first landing a permanent one? I mean unlike that others mostly do to land and then just come back to canada to live permanently. Coz I don't want to waste time and would like to live in Canada ASAP. Is there a lot of risk? coz we have to leave our jobs and start a new life with our daughter who is now going to school.

Please enlighten me.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you have a job lined up, it is always a bit risky to move and most people who land and move later do not have a job lined up when they come either. They do it because they are not ready to move yet, must complete job contract, sell house etc. but must land before their PR visa expires so no matter how you do it, you can always expect having a bit of down time.

yeydme

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
AOR Received.
23-02-2010
Med's Request
23-08-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2010
Passport Req..
18-05-2011
Thanks Leon.
I'm actually prepared to leave my job by that time and aware that it will be a new start for our family.
I want to move as I want us to start a new life immediately, start a new job, get a professional license and eventually become a citizen and bring the rest of my family.
My main concern is, is there a lot of risk that after you land there will be problem like they did not finalize your PR status?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, there is no risk that they do not finalize your PR status. Once you land, you are a PR. You can go right away and get your SIN number and apply for jobs. You will get the SIN card in the mail in a couple of weeks. The PR card usually in 4 to 8 weeks

yeydme

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
AOR Received.
23-02-2010
Med's Request