+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Re: LANDING IN CANADA ??? - Returning before getting the PR Card

I am sorry , I didn't read it properly.. I thought you mean entering Canada without PR card. My apologies

You don't need any reason or document to leave canada without PR card.

I landed in Sep , left Canada in 15 days without PR card.. Got Pr card by mail to my friend's house who later courier it to me . I used the card to enter again in Canada 6 months later

kapilpr said:
Hi canada11, would you elaborate on point 2 please. What are the emergency travel documents I need to obtain from CIC if I have to return back from Canada to my home country within this two weeks time before receiving my pr card?

kapilpr

Nov 3, 2016
canada11 said:
I am sorry , I didn't read it properly.. I thought you mean entering Canada without PR card. My apologies

You don't need any reason or document to leave canada without PR card.

I landed in Sep , left Canada in 15 days without PR card.. Got Pr card by mail to my friend's house who later courier it to me . I used the card to enter again in Canada 6 months later
Thanks canada11. Much appreciated...

dkd2014

Nov 11, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In what form do we need to take Kids Immunisation form, which is required for school admission in Canada.
Is there any performa from CIC.
Or it can be simply on letterhead of Hospital or pediatrician.
All people landed already, kindly guide.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
hello everyone,
My husband is going to land in Canada in 2 weeks. He got the immigration visa in his passport and the permanent residency document. He will be travelling by air. Does he need any additional documents? (except just his personal documents, ei birth certificate, marriage, education documents and stuff like that).

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
dkd2014 said:
In what form do we need to take Kids Immunisation form, which is required for school admission in Canada.
Is there any performa from CIC.
Or it can be simply on letterhead of Hospital or pediatrician.
All people landed already, kindly guide.
There is a form available in the below link. But they would accept any other format as long as its in English (or French) and the dates and types of vaccination are clearly outlined

http://isp.hcdsb.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Immunization-Record-Form.pdf

razabi83

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Travel history - April 28
AOR Received.
19-03-2016
Med's Done....
20-03-2016
Hi, is FORMS REQUIRED FOR THE 'LANDING' section appearing in the first page of this topic still applicable nowadays?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
razabi83 said:
Hi, is FORMS REQUIRED FOR THE 'LANDING' section appearing in the first page of this topic still applicable nowadays?
Nope...you just need, your passport, COPR, canadian address and POF.

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
soblue3 said:
hello everyone,
My husband is going to land in Canada in 2 weeks. He got the immigration visa in his passport and the permanent residency document. He will be travelling by air. Does he need any additional documents? (except just his personal documents, ei birth certificate, marriage, education documents and stuff like that).
This is the list to follow

1- Passport with Visa Stamp
2- COPR (Landing Documents)
3- Proof of Funds - CAD 12K for 1 person
3- B4 form
4- B4a Form
5- Color pictures of the Jewelry if any

All the best

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
vedette said:
This is the list to follow

1- Passport with Visa Stamp
2- COPR (Landing Documents)
3- Proof of Funds - CAD 12K for 1 person
3- B4 form
4- B4a Form
5- Color pictures of the Jewelry if any

All the best

Thanks so much for resonding. Now i have also read that POF is not necessary for family spousal sponsorship. Is that still in effect?

devssarkar

Sep 14, 2015
Hi! I was wondering if certificates of fixed deposits in Indian banks, in joint account, can be shown as POF, alongwith a letter from the bank saying that it is immediately encashable?

ro123

Sep 21, 2016
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
20/09/2016
Med's Done....
01/07/2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
Hi,
My spouse will be landing for the first time next month, and I will be accompanying her with our little infant (canadian), I am wondering what applications I should prepare before hand with links to these forms if possible :D, and what is the minimum amount of money I should carry with me as I am only planing to take little amount of money with me.

Your help is appreciated.
thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ro123 said:
Hi,
My spouse will be landing for the first time next month, and I will be accompanying her with our little infant (canadian), I am wondering what applications I should prepare before hand with links to these forms if possible :D, and what is the minimum amount of money I should carry with me as I am only planing to take little amount of money with me.

Your help is appreciated.
thank you
There is no specific minimum amount of money.

teecann

Nov 22, 2016
silkyshadow said:
Hi Guys,

I finally landed with my family yesterday 6th August 2016 and the experience was quite smooth for me. Apart from the stress of the flight, the landing process was really good.

I will like to share our experience and highlight key areas in my experience throughout the process

First was Passport Control:
The immigration officer took for our passports, delcaration card, checked our visas and asked if Toronto was our final destination. Considering we were PNP (Saskatchewan) I mentioned to him that we will still be going Regina, SK (didn't mention after two days in Toronto), but he clarified the question if "final destination today was Toronto" and I said "YES".

He gave us back our passports, declaration card and directed us to the immigration counter for new immigrants. He didn't ask for proof we were going to Saskatchewan although I had it ready (It's safer to have a booking to your province if you are PNP)

Next Immigration Counter:
The officer that attended to use was young and very nice. He asked for our passports, COPR and asked if we already have ANY Canadian address (I was surprised he didn't specifically ask for an address in Saskatchewan, however I gave him an address in Saskatchewan to be safe (better safe than sorry and avoid further questions).
Then he asked how much we were carrying with us. He didn't ask for POF (I had my statement of account and bank letter ready). He also didn't ask for proof I was going to Saskatchewan

Asked us to sit for a short while. After about 10 - 15 mins, he called us and asked us to sign on COPRs. Took his own copies gave us our own copies.

He "Welcomed us to Canada" told us PR cards will be delivered in Max 3 months but could be shorter. Told us if we travel out before we get our PR cards, we will need to get visas but he will prefer we get it before we travel out.

He welcome us again and says we could get our SIN just behind his counter however they were closed as it was a saturday.

We got our baggage and next was the CBSA [Customs] Office:

At CBSA we presented (1) List of Items Accompanying (BSF 186); (2) List of Goods to Follow (BSF186A), passports, declaration card, our COPR copies.
The officer checked in the list on BSF186A into his system. He was more concentrated on BSF186A. It took about 15 - 20 mins.
Asked me again if I wanted to add anything else.
Chatted with my kids. Very nice officer as well. He asked for canadian address and if shipment will be in my name.
He completed the documentations, gave me some forms to sign and handed copies to me which I will use when shipping in goods to follow.

That was it. Landing process completed.

Looking forward to getting our PR cards sooner than later... :)

Thanks guys
Congratulations Silkyshadow on your successful landing.

I am just starting the process of what God has granted to your family. I am currently working in Lagos and I am serious to see the process of this FSW/PNP to a conclusive and successful end for myself and mh family come 2017. I just registered for our IELTS tests(myself and mg wife)

Kindly help me out as information and how to go about the programme (support system) is so scanty in this country and the agents are funny lots whom you will realise know little about the programme and cant offer the needed deep support.

Kindly let me debrief you on how you did it from the very beginning to your landing. I want to avoid unnecessary mistakes and avoid missing deadlines. Our country's situation is peculiar in comparison to what other countries face which seem like soft landings for those jurisdictions. My email is kayjyde2016@gmail.com

Kindly reach out to me as I count on your experience as it is similar to whatever im going through now.

Thank you.

teecann

Nov 22, 2016
@SILKYSHADOW,

Thanks for your reply email but as a precaution, kindly confirm here the very first letter (just the first letter of your email only) of your email address that you use to reach me.

Regards.