+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

D

David83

xls said:
No dear, can't help on that. I am on FSW and headed to Calgary. I only preformed the landing formalities at Montreal, I have since left for Calgary.
OK, thanks and good luck in your new life :)

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Perhaps somebody can advise me on the following;

My wife and I were waiting to receive our PR cards and she has received hers today (she was the main Express Entry Applicant and I was her spouse). I wondered if these cards tend to come together or seperately? I'm wondering where mine has got to? If anyone has an idea then please share.

rajC

Jul 24, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO /CVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
17-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
17-12-2015, 02-09-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2015, 02-12-2018
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
03-22-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
andyCanadian said:
Thanks Raj.. But I still would need the PRTD right ?
No you don't as long you travel with your own car at border .

Commercial transportation required PRTD.

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Panic over. My PR card arrived seperately to the immigration attorney's address who we used.

Despite providing CIC of the address to send the cards to at landing they only updated my wife's details. The attorney is sending me my card.

BjFire

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Hello,

Congratulations to all newly landed people to amazing Canada :). Appreciate a lot of information on this thread.

We have got our PR Visa and COPR too (one time entry), but have few questions need some help on.
Sorry, if these could be repetitive or just common sense.

1.) The Visa expiry is almost 10 months from issue date. Is that normal, I thought it was 6 months ? So, we can enter any time before that date ?
2.) If our port of entry is different than the intended city mentioned on COPR, will it be any kind of issue ? Also, in that case do we have to show further connections to intended city? If we never go to the intended city, will that be fine ?
3.) For funds, I know there is 10 K limit above which you have to give details. But, do we have to carry some minimum money to convince immigration about our initial expenses. Will carrying cash CAD requires any receipts ?
4.) I am planning to wire money from US, how soon can we open account and do that (after getting SIN of course).

Thanks

paolo1967

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 19 2015
AOR Received.
June 4 2015
Med's Request
Aug 19 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 10 2015
Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
BjFire congratulation on your PPR.
1) normly the visa is valid for 1 year from medical and it is ok to land anytime before visa expiray date.
2) it depends on which immigratioon progaram. if you are PNP it is ok land at any port, subject to show booking to reach your nominated provins.
3) you have to report any funds ABOVE $10k, there is proof of funds (minimum funds yoy have) which depends on number of your family members.
4) you can open account at any Canadian bank with SIN number and transfer money to your account.

silkyshadow

Sep 19, 2015
Hi Guys,

I finally landed with my family yesterday 6th August 2016 and the experience was quite smooth for me. Apart from the stress of the flight, the landing process was really good.

I will like to share our experience and highlight key areas in my experience throughout the process

First was Passport Control:
The immigration officer took for our passports, delcaration card, checked our visas and asked if Toronto was our final destination. Considering we were PNP (Saskatchewan) I mentioned to him that we will still be going Regina, SK (didn't mention after two days in Toronto), but he clarified the question if "final destination today was Toronto" and I said "YES".

He gave us back our passports, declaration card and directed us to the immigration counter for new immigrants. He didn't ask for proof we were going to Saskatchewan although I had it ready (It's safer to have a booking to your province if you are PNP)

Next Immigration Counter:
The officer that attended to use was young and very nice. He asked for our passports, COPR and asked if we already have ANY Canadian address (I was surprised he didn't specifically ask for an address in Saskatchewan, however I gave him an address in Saskatchewan to be safe (better safe than sorry and avoid further questions).
Then he asked how much we were carrying with us. He didn't ask for POF (I had my statement of account and bank letter ready). He also didn't ask for proof I was going to Saskatchewan

Asked us to sit for a short while. After about 10 - 15 mins, he called us and asked us to sign on COPRs. Took his own copies gave us our own copies.

He "Welcomed us to Canada" told us PR cards will be delivered in Max 3 months but could be shorter. Told us if we travel out before we get our PR cards, we will need to get visas but he will prefer we get it before we travel out.

He welcome us again and says we could get our SIN just behind his counter however they were closed as it was a saturday.

We got our baggage and next was the CBSA [Customs] Office:

At CBSA we presented (1) List of Items Accompanying (BSF 186); (2) List of Goods to Follow (BSF186A), passports, declaration card, our COPR copies.
The officer checked in the list on BSF186A into his system. He was more concentrated on BSF186A. It took about 15 - 20 mins.
Asked me again if I wanted to add anything else.
Chatted with my kids. Very nice officer as well. He asked for canadian address and if shipment will be in my name.
He completed the documentations, gave me some forms to sign and handed copies to me which I will use when shipping in goods to follow.

That was it. Landing process completed.

Looking forward to getting our PR cards sooner than later... :)

Thanks guys

silkyshadow said:
Hi Guys,

I got COPR and PNP with Saskatchewan for myself and my family. I have a few questions that I need help with please.

As at the time I was applying for SINP I chose Saskatoon as city of destination which is on our COPR

I am short landing with my family (family of 4) sometime in August and will be taking 2 long connecting flights from home country.

Our POE is Toronto so PR processing will be done at Toronto. However, due to the long flight with kids our connecting flight to Regina, SK is after 2 days to give us two days rest in Toronto (with a friend) before flying to SK which is our province of destination on COPR (We have confirmed tickets for the flights to Regina)

I have an old friend in Saskatchewan (Moose Jaw) and he is comfortable for me to use his address in Saskatchewan for correspondence and PR Cards

My questions are below.

Will it be a problem that we are staying for 2 days in Toronto before flying to Regina.?

Does it matter we are only going to be in Regina and Moose Jaw during our stay and not Saskatoon?

Since we will be flying in for short landing, will it have an effect on PR card processing if officer is aware we are just landing for short period?

Don't know if I'm just been overly worried. I don't expect issues as we can show tickets that our final destination is Saskatchewan.

Thanks all for anticipated replies.

FSWON

Nov 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
AOR Received.
19 Oct 2014
Med's Request
19 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015
Passport Req..
19 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
11 June 2016
QUICK QUERY:

Probably repeating a same question: In ECAS my "Current home address" is Canadian one while my "Current mailing address" is from my native country. Which Address CIC uses to send the PR Cards??

It is now more than 40 days. Should I be concerned? PR Cards are not delivered as of yet.

Thanks a lot for any experienced opinion!

Regards,

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
hi guys,

Please share your opinion in my case. I am going to receive my PR via CSQ (Quebec). My wife name is on immigration database as a non-accompanying person due to her study when I was applied. I would like to bring her on a visitor visa to give birth to a baby in Canada; I am not sure whether PR's spouse (not-PR) can get health insurance benefits in Quebec; however, I will go for private insurance. My question is;
Do they allow my spouse (not-pr) to give birth in Canada?

Thank you.

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Silkyshadow - when we landed (for a day) the CBSA officer said that the goods forms were not required as we were leaving with our goods on us at the time. So when I land in a few months I'm going to be taking these forms with me again to sign. Does that sound right?

BjFire

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Thanks Paolo.

We were in normal program and not PNP. In that case can we enter any port and do we have to show the connection for intended city mentioned on COPR ?

For funds, we are 2 adults and one kid. So, do we have to necessarily carry money while at entry (I think it is 16 K something). Or can we carry some money (like 3K) and then transfer later ?

Thanks.
paolo1967 said:
BjFire congratulation on your PPR.
1) normly the visa is valid for 1 year from medical and it is ok to land anytime before visa expiray date.
2) it depends on which immigratioon progaram. if you are PNP it is ok land at any port, subject to show booking to reach your nominated provins.
3) you have to report any funds ABOVE $10k, there is proof of funds (minimum funds yoy have) which depends on number of your family members.
4) you can open account at any Canadian bank with SIN number and transfer money to your account.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
BjFire said:
Thanks Paolo.

We were in normal program and not PNP. In that case can we enter any port and do we have to show the connection for intended city mentioned on COPR ?

For funds, we are 2 adults and one kid. So, do we have to necessarily carry money while at entry (I think it is 16 K something). Or can we carry some money (like 3K) and then transfer later ?

Thanks.
1) No. If you did not get your visa through a PNP program, you can land at any port of entry and you need NOT show tickets to the intended city mentioned on your COPR.

2) You must carry funds when you land for the first time. If the officer asks you to show evidence of funds and you don't have it, you might not be allowed to complete your landing. It can be in the form of DDs, cash, traveler's checks. Also, some people have said a recent bank statement (from a well established bank) is also accepted.

alibuft

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 20, 2014
Doc's Request.
CV request on June 10, 2015
Nomination.....
January 21, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 02, 2015 with RPRF
Med's Done....
April 04, 2015
Interview........
Alhamdulillah, Waived
Passport Req..
August 04, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted: August 18, Visa issued: August 28, PP collected: September 7, 2015
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah. December 24, 2015
nikosyozzer said:

My wife and I were waiting to receive our PR cards and she has received hers today (she was the main Express Entry Applicant and I was her spouse). I wondered if these cards tend to come together or seperately? I'm wondering where mine has got to? If anyone has an idea then please share.
I think you will get your PR cards within one week. I got my PR card after one week of my family members' cards.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Raniafekry said:
Does any body know, what is the period of time you can land within, is it before the immigration visa expiration date or within one year of Medical Exam,
Both dates are the same. i.e
Imm. Visa Exp date = Date of Medical+ 1 year.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
nikosyozzer said:

PR cards are processed and dispatched independently for each applicant. Because you both came together, you should also get yours in a couple of days.