+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear seniors,

After Landing to Canada , the immigration officer asked me about my canadian address , which I gave him and he also told me that the PR card will be delivered to this address. Now, Even my Ecas is updated now , In my ECAS ... Under the HOME ADDRESS , my Canadian Address is mentioned whereas Under the Mailing Address , my old address ( the address which I gave to the authorities while applying under the FSW program ) is mentioned ...

Please , let me know that if the this is normal and if the PR Card will be delivered to my Home Address or the Mailing Address , that is displayed on the ECAS.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
maplezone said:
Dear seniors,

After Landing to Canada , the immigration officer asked me about my canadian address , which I gave him and he also told me that the PR card will be delivered to this address. Now, Even my Ecas is updated now , In my ECAS ... Under the HOME ADDRESS , my Canadian Address is mentioned whereas Under the Mailing Address , my old address ( the address which I gave to the authorities while applying under the FSW program ) is mentioned ...

Please , let me know that if the this is normal and if the PR Card will be delivered to my Home Address or the Mailing Address , that is displayed on the ECAS.
PR cards will be sent only to addresses within Canada. So, I guess your PR card will arrive at the Canadian address you provided. I recall a few other applicants posting the the very same query.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Hi I landed on 7th May 2016. Received PR card of myself and my little one on the 16th July 2016 but yet to receive PR card of my Mrs.
I haven't received any letter regarding photo issue etc either.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Sometimes PR card do not arrive at the same time of a single family ... Nevertheless, you can call & check with CIC

arsal385 said:
Hi I landed on 7th May 2016. Received PR card of myself and my little one on the 16th July 2016 but yet to receive PR card of my Mrs.
I haven't received any letter regarding photo issue etc either.

andyCanadian

Oct 19, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO-> CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
Hi Seniors,
Can someone kindly help with this :

After our landing , my wife needs to leave Canada for some office work in USA.
But since PR will be received only after about 2 months, what way she can re enter Canada, without the PR ?
The PR Visa is a Single Entry visa. So kindly suggest , is there a way she can re enter Canada without getting a tourist Visa ? Can she apply for a PRTD ? What is the procedure , if this is an option ?

Really Looking forward to your suggestions !!

Regards,
Andy

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
andyCanadian said:
Hi Seniors,
Can someone kindly help with this :

After our landing , my wife needs to leave Canada for some office work in USA.
But since PR will be received only after about 2 months, what way she can re enter Canada, without the PR ?
The PR Visa is a Single Entry visa. So kindly suggest , is there a way she can re enter Canada without getting a tourist Visa ? Can she apply for a PRTD ? What is the procedure , if this is an option ?

Really Looking forward to your suggestions !!

Regards,
Andy
If she will enter via a land border in a private or rented car, she will have no issues, her signed COPR and passport should do. But if she is entering a public transport of flying, then she will need to apply for a permanent resident travel document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

silkyshadow

Sep 19, 2015
Hi Guys,

I got COPR and PNP with Saskatchewan for myself and my family. I have a few questions that I need help with please.

As at the time I was applying for SINP I chose Saskatoon as city of destination which is on our COPR

I am short landing with my family (family of 4) sometime in August and will be taking 2 long connecting flights from home country.

Our POE is Toronto so PR processing will be done at Toronto. However, due to the long flight with kids our connecting flight to Regina, SK is after 2 days to give us two days rest in Toronto (with a friend) before flying to SK which is our province of destination on COPR (We have confirmed tickets for the flights to Regina)

I have an old friend in Saskatchewan (Moose Jaw) and he is comfortable for me to use his address in Saskatchewan for correspondence and PR Cards

My questions are below.

Will it be a problem that we are staying for 2 days in Toronto before flying to Regina.?

Does it matter we are only going to be in Regina and Moose Jaw during our stay and not Saskatoon?

Since we will be flying in for short landing, will it have an effect on PR card processing if officer is aware we are just landing for short period?

Don't know if I'm just been overly worried. I don't expect issues as we can show tickets that our final destination is Saskatchewan.

Thanks all for anticipated replies.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silkyshadow said:
Will it be a problem that we are staying for 2 days in Toronto before flying to Regina.?

Does it matter we are only going to be in Regina and Moose Jaw during our stay and not Saskatoon?

Since we will be flying in for short landing, will it have an effect on PR card processing if officer is aware we are just landing for short period?
1) No, you can simply say you want to visit Toronto for 2 days.

2) No

3) If the officer asks and realizes it's a short landing and that you will not be at the PR card address when the PR card arrives, he can put a hold on your PR cards in which case you would have to apply for PR travel documents in order to return the next time and then get your PR cards once you are back for good. There is a way around that which sometimes works and that would be calling CIC once you are in SK and telling them that you did not have an address when you landed and that you do now and give your friends address again. This has worked for some people. Also, once in SK, you should apply for your SIN. This is in case your PR card is lost in the mail or something happens to it and in case you are not back for good until a year from now or later, you can not get a SIN anymore with a one year old COPR and getting the PR card issued will take time but if you have a SIN already, you could start working right away.

andyCanadian

Oct 19, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO-> CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
Is it possible to get a multiple entry Tourist VISA to Canada while visiting USA on a tourist Visa ?
I am thinking to have my parents' do tourist Canada visa from NYC. They already have multi entry USA visa.

However, since we are pressed on time , I think it is better from NYC , which I heard takes just ONE day to issue Canada tourist visa.

Both my wife and I are Canada PRs, but at this stage we are on our COPR....

Kindly suggest !
Regards, Andy

silkyshadow

Sep 19, 2015
Thanks

Leon said:
1) No, you can simply say you want to visit Toronto for 2 days.

2) No

3) If the officer asks and realizes it's a short landing and that you will not be at the PR card address when the PR card arrives, he can put a hold on your PR cards in which case you would have to apply for PR travel documents in order to return the next time and then get your PR cards once you are back for good. There is a way around that which sometimes works and that would be calling CIC once you are in SK and telling them that you did not have an address when you landed and that you do now and give your friends address again. This has worked for some people. Also, once in SK, you should apply for your SIN. This is in case your PR card is lost in the mail or something happens to it and in case you are not back for good until a year from now or later, you can not get a SIN anymore with a one year old COPR and getting the PR card issued will take time but if you have a SIN already, you could start working right away.

limon01

Jan 14, 2016
My family and I will land at Ottawa airport next week and then we have connection flight to Halifax. We only have 2.5 hours at Ottawa airport to catch the other flight. Somebody know is 2.5 hours is enough time for completing the landing formalities at Ottawa airport?

Thanks,

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Arsal385 - would be useful to know if your wife's PR card has arrived yet or what that delay is? Which city address did you have pr cards sent to?

FSWON

Nov 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
AOR Received.
19 Oct 2014
Med's Request
19 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015
Passport Req..
19 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
11 June 2016
Dear experienced ones:

I completed my short landing with family members on 11th June. So almost 50 days have passed. My ECAS status yet says "Decision Made" and PR cards are yet due.

Can anyone say how much time usually it takes on an average? Is it time that I should be concerned?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ That's a bit weird, because my relatives landed about the same time as you did, and ECAS status was "complete" just a few days later. Already received their PR cards as well.

andyCanadian said:
Is it possible to get a multiple entry Tourist VISA to Canada while visiting USA on a tourist Visa ?
I am thinking to have my parents' do tourist Canada visa from NYC. They already have multi entry USA visa.

However, since we are pressed on time , I think it is better from NYC , which I heard takes just ONE day to issue Canada tourist visa.

Both my wife and I are Canada PRs, but at this stage we are on our COPR....

Kindly suggest !
Regards, Andy
Where are you hearing one day? It's not true. It's about 2 weeks from the US.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

Maybe the one day processing refers to an eTA?

Leamic

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Aug-2015
AOR Received.
06-Nov-2015
File Transfer...
26-Nov-2015
Med's Request
27-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
30-Jan-2016/ Med's Rec'd by CIC: 16-Feb-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-Jan-2016/ Docs sent 4-Mar-201
VISA ISSUED...
11-Mar-2016 (Rec'd 17-Mar-2016)
LANDED..........
Deadline 12-Feb-2017
Godfavoursme said:
Dear All as my name says God's favour is really upon me.

I received my visa in november 2015 and did a short landing in june 27th at Pearson Toronto.

i carried 7500 CAD.i got to passport control the officer took my pp and my disembarquement form asked how much i was carrying i told him n he asked if i had any other currency i said a few USD and he said is that it? I said i had the rest on my visa card.he said ok.he didnt ask for any proofs or the visa card.he stamped my pp n directed me to an office behind him where they were many cubicles with many officers and a huge cue.

i waited like 20mins for my turn.i was a bit anxious cos there were scrutinizing alot of people who were ahead of me inturns,asking them for documents and questions etc..it got me a little worried as i had read that it was a simple and straight forward process.when my turn came i met a white officer who was friendly n when i gave him my pp he said ohh so you are landing i said yes.

he immediately went ahead to start filling my COPR then asked if i was sponsored and i said no,he asked what type of job i was doing as a skilled worker i told him.he asked if i had a job yet and i said still searching then he smiled and said courage and goodluck in your search.

he asked for my address in canada and made me sign both copies of COPR on 3spots next to his signature then he returned the pictureless copy to me and said congratulations and welcome to canada.
he said pls ensure to stay until u get PR Card or uptill 6months as PR might take long at times.i left the airport.

the whole process took me like 45mins including the waiting at cue n the procedures.i realised while with the officer that the people who were being scrutinised were people on student and visitor visas as was the case with the next cubicle to mine.the process for immigrants seems really simple and the officers are happy to welcome immigrants than others from the way i saw how it went.

Next day i got my SIN at the closest service canada. when i checked my online system 2days later status had changed from decision made to COMPLETE.with a 6th line that says "you entrered canada at pearson on 26 june 5.45 and became a permanent resident" my canadian address had also been updated with what i provided at the airport during landing.

Am now in the cue awaiting PR.i have also return home 2weeks after to continue work while praying they will mot require new pictures for my card.

Wish goodluck to everyone.
Thanks so much for sharing. We have our COPR and CSQ as we applied through Quebec. We received the visa earlier this year but because of work cannot land officially until next year. However we need to enter Canada and land before our visas runs out hence we are making a short trip this year.

I see you did something similar where you landed and then left. I have a few questions if you can help:

1) Did they ask for proof of funds at all? You mentioned that the officer asked how much you had on you but did you have to show it? (If anyone else that has landed recently can answer, please do).

2) Any issues regarding the medical card? Should we just wait until we land officially next year before applying?

3) Should we walk with all of our original documents (certificates etc.)?

4) If they ask any questions, is it correct to say that you should not give them the impression that you are only doing a short initial visit?

We are basically planning to put everything we will bring on the items to follow form. Anyone did anything similar?

Any advice from someone who had to land and then leave before coming back to settle permanently would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.