+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
kwyatt75 said:
Are there certain times you can't land at the Toronto Airport? So if I have a flight that has me arriving at 11:30pm, is that too late for a landing or can you still complete landing at that time of day?
You can land any time of the day.

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
TJ2010 said:
I landed in April 26, 2013. I returned back with the whole family 60 days later.
We have stayed outside canada until now. I am planning to return back on July 1st
It looks I can only have 725 days in Canada in 5yrs from the first arrival in Canada.
But PR is valid and will be valid till June 2018. I will not really have reasons to need a new card.
Family has no issue. They have returned earlier than me.
Thank you.

My reason is that the training program I commenced before I became a permanent resident should have ended last year october. But it couldn't end because of political unrest and industrial action in Nigeria until June 30, 2016. That's why my travel date is July 1st. I already had a ready made employment which will start in July . I also had a fully funded PhD admission at the University of Edinburgh which I am going to do concurrently with the employment offer.

Am I good with this reasons. Will it be acceptable. I have my original admission letter and my offer of employment.

Thank you.
Your PR card may be valid, but they may check for your PR obligation compliance when you enter the country. If you haven't met the requirements, there is a possibility that they may not allow you to enter. As for the reasons being good enough, it is left to the discretion of the immigration officer.

Good luck.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
You first Landed on Apr 26, 2013, Thus you have 3 years to enter from that date & that is Apr 25 2016..But you have lived there for 60 days so add 60 days . Thus your 3 years ends on June 25 2016...

My guess : You should land before June 25 2016 so that you can justify that you can complete 730 days (2 years) of living in Canada within 5 years which is the main requirement to keep PR valid.

Expiry date of card is irrelevant. You should count from your first date of entry.

rahul20978 said:
Your PR card may be valid, but they may check for your PR obligation compliance when you enter the country. If you haven't met the requirements, there is a possibility that they may not allow you to enter. As for the reasons being good enough, it is left to the discretion of the immigration officer.

Good luck.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
TJ2010 said:
I landed in April 26, 2013. I returned back with the whole family 60 days later.
We have stayed outside canada until now. I am planning to return back on July 1st
It looks I can only have 725 days in Canada in 5yrs from the first arrival in Canada.
But PR is valid and will be valid till June 2018. I will not really have reasons to need a new card.
Family has no issue. They have returned earlier than me.
Thank you.

My reason is that the training program I commenced before I became a permanent resident should have ended last year october. But it couldn't end because of political unrest and industrial action in Nigeria until June 30, 2016. That's why my travel date is July 1st. I already had a ready made employment which will start in July . I also had a fully funded PhD admission at the University of Edinburgh which I am going to do concurrently with the employment offer.

Am I good with this reasons. Will it be acceptable. I have my original admission letter and my offer of employment.

Thank you.
Well, it's not mandatory that CBSA would start calculating your residency obligation the moment you land. In fact they rarely do so.
Your best bet is to not provide them too much information unless they specifically ask for it.
Just present them your PR card at the counter, if they ask when did you last leave Canada then say around end of June 2013.

Don't start showing them your training, college or job letters proactively. If at all they start the calculation and flag you for shortage of days, none of the explanation that you have will be accepted. so giving a reason that you were studying somewhere does not hold water.

Anyway, you have to be extremely unlucky for them to trigger a RO calculation when you come here. Normally it does not happen as long as you have a valid PR card.

D2C

Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2014
Doc's Request.
31-08-2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 19-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
31-08-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
owaiskhan said:
Dear Forum Members,

I am planning to land in September , Please advise on below .

I want to do landing in toronto , but the flight available to me is from Doha to montreal and then I will take domestic flight to reach to toronto . Is it allowed , if I initially land to Montreal but later on reach to Toronto fro landing.

Your response is highly appreciated
You may want to check emirates or etihad, they usually offer better fares on North America flights from Doha and have flights into Toronto

cece2016

Mar 8, 2016
Hi guys,

I am flying to Vancouver in early July to complete my landing process, so have been busy getting all the documents ready.

I got couple questions and would like somebody to help clarify this:
1) On the Goods to Follow list, is it ok if I list items in number of boxes instead of pieces (eg. for clothes, books or bedding items) ?
2) I will stay in Vancouver for few days, then will permanently move there later this year. Can I apply my SIN / Health card without my PR card? or I need to wait for my PR card first?

Thanks.

andyCanadian

Oct 19, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO-> CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
Many thanks XpressEnterprise

agiegirl01

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Charged: 7-02-2015
Hello guys, will be traveling to Canada for my landing later this month, I am from a visa exempt country hence I have no visa in my passport, has anyone in this kind of situation traveled recently with only copr and passport without eta? from cic website it is stated that we don't need eta but i will like to know if the airlines are aware of this exemption. please share your experience.

Thanks

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
1) YeS group them
2) Yes you can apply fro SIN Health as well as license. PR card is not required for that

cece2016 said:
Hi guys,

I am flying to Vancouver in early July to complete my landing process, so have been busy getting all the documents ready.

I got couple questions and would like somebody to help clarify this:
1) On the Goods to Follow list, is it ok if I list items in number of boxes instead of pieces (eg. for clothes, books or bedding items) ?
2) I will stay in Vancouver for few days, then will permanently move there later this year. Can I apply my SIN / Health card without my PR card? or I need to wait for my PR card first?

Thanks.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear seniors/experts ,

1) For declaring the proof of funds at the initial landing via plane , what are my options ? Should I get a bank draft from my current bank , sufficing the amount required by the CIC for one person , that is $ 12,164 CAD per person ?
OR
Should I get a certificate from my current bank , stating that I have a balance of 12,164 CAD ?
OR
What is the most preferred option for me to declare the proof of funds and that should be acceptable by the authorities as well , please advice ?

2) I will be staying in Canada for 2-3 months , so for that purpose , what is the best option for me to transfer money to Canada for food and other expenses etc ?

3) And I should open my bank account in which bank ? Which is recommended ?

Please Recommend !

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
Maplezone, following are the answers:

1. Best bet is liquid funds. That is: bank draft, cash, travelers cheque. I do not think they consider bank statements unless it is a Canadian bank. Check with others on this point.
2. What do you mean by transfer of funds? The funds that you will bring in #1 above will help you sustain for a while.
3. Any of the big 5 banks of Canada, depending on the one which is closest to you. URL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_(banks)

Bittabola

Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Dec 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Passport Req..
Apr 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 2016
LANDED..........
28 June 2016
Hi, you might have to carry an account statement that shows the money loaded into the card or just get a US dollar draft instead. That's much easier and you can open an account with the draft after you settle in.
It may seem confusing to many as that link is shown under skilled immigration category, but for proof of funds, same rule applies.
Just use this table according to your family members and you'll be fine (and declare your money if it's CA$10,000 or more)
1) Bank Draft (takes around a month to arrive into your canadian bank account
2) With a permit issued by the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan, you can carry USD 5000 or more (source)
3) Opening a Bank Account BEFORE you Land in Canada
4) If you have a valid job offer by Canadian employer in hand, you don't need to show proof of funds
Thanks a lot, guys!

khurramrizvi

Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
05 June 2015
Nomination.....
07 March 2015 (PER)
Med's Request
19 August 2015
Med's Done....
31 August 2015
Interview........
bye bye
Passport Req..
14 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22 September 2015
LANDED..........
Feb or March 2016
paolo1967 said:
Hi all this is very usefull forum and answering lot of question. i know this question maybe raised several times: recently i recieved stamped passport & COPR. for me & my family. Iam NB PNP and i intend to land first of July at Toronto airport, i am planning to spend 3 days in Toronto before flying to Moncton. is this ok? or i have to go direct to NB " AS PNP applicant" after landing process.
The things is if you delay or take indirect flight you might be charged heavily for extra weights but if you go directly or take connecting flight you will save few dollars. So plan carefully and avoid the husttle. Its gona be long flight and with family or with sevral connections you love to settle down as soon as possible. You can move around whenever you want to just keep looking for cheap rates on net. Good luck

thomasuk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Expertise,

I have landed on 22nd of April in Winnipeg and my Winnipeg address is updated,

Do I need to do anything? How long will it take to get a PR card?

Please suggest.

Many thanks.