+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
echezhian said:
Qorax,

Very useful information. I got my VISA stamped and now I am planning to land this weekend (November 20th). I need a clarification, if I am travelling by my own Car from US and I do not want to import it to canada at this point of time, will the customs officer allow me to do the landing? What is the probability of this happening? To avoid the situation shall I travel by Rental car?

Thanks in advance for your response!!!

Best Regards,
Echezhian
Personally I haven't done so - thus my knowledge is limited. However, I've heard horror stories of ppl trying to drive in their own (titled) car. Many suggest to come-in with a Rental instead.

Qorax

nmat

Jul 29, 2010
qorax said:
Personally I haven't done so - thus my knowledge is limited. However, I've heard horror stories of ppl trying to drive in their own (titled) car. Many suggest to come-in with a Rental instead.

Qorax
What is the issue here Qorax? I am also planning to drive my car to do the landing. After a week, I need to return to US.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nmat said:
What is the issue here Qorax? I am also planning to drive my car to do the landing. After a week, I need to return to US.
I'm not sure... Just read cases on various sites that ppl weren't allowed to enter Canada with their own cars for landing. Many IOs@POEs refused "landing" - some managed & got away with it, while many had to return back & enter@a later day with a rental.

In any case, most had a tremendous headache, as well as delays@the POE. Thus, many opined against bringing their own cars - with rentals, it seems, their movement was smooth.

I also know about a family, who were denied... thus they returned back to Detroit, parked their car, took a rental, & with that did their landing - the same day. Then stayed inside for sometime & returned back to Detroit, returned the rental & drove with their own - back home.

Qorax

jamesbond

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
@qorax
I read a lot of topics where people describe the landing process. I never read one where they had problems.
Can you please share a link or two?

Thanks.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jamesbond said:
@ qorax
I read a lot of topics where people describe the landing process. I never read one where they had problems.
Can you please share a link or two?

Thanks.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rental-car-from-michigan-to-toronto-t55931.0.html

Ref-1
Leon said:
I have never heard that Canadian PR's are not allowed to drive foreign rental cars into Canada but they have a problem sometimes with Canadian PR's driving their own US registered cars. It depends on if the immigration officers realize the difference between a PR who is residing in the US and a PR who is residing in Canada. Sometimes they want to force people to import their US registered cars to Canada even if they are not ready to move to Canada yet.
Ref-2
Leon said:
I remember somebody on this forum who wanted to land in Canada and then go back to the US and was driving his own car with US plates and the place where he tried to enter forbid him to enter Canada with the car. They said you must either import it or leave it in the US. In my opinion, they were totally wrong and completely overinterpreting the law but you can get people like that sometimes. A PR who is residing in Canada can not drive a car with US plates in Canada but a PR who resides in the US should be allowed to same as any other visitor from the US would be allowed to.

nmat

Jul 29, 2010
PR CARDS (PRC):
Your PR Card application (IMM 5444E) shall be done at the POE itself. It is part of the PR package [free] and the photos & details will be the same as you supplied for the PPR. Our PR Card/s come back to us via regular post mail, in 3-6 weeks, avg. 4 weeks. It is 'advisable' to stay in Canada for at least 45 days, collect our PRC and then return back [if you must].
It seems, I didn't get this IMM 5444E form. The one that I got, computer (dot matrix) printed with photo in it is the Confirmation. Anyways, I will download that form, fill it and submit in the POE. Now my main concern is on the rental car/US car.

cielo

Jul 27, 2010
hey guys, thought id share this with u, although im not tryin to plug or anything,am just happy of where we are staying now in toronto..so for those of you who are also planning to just land & spend holidays at d same time,then u might check out this beautiful apartment from TFA (Toronto Furnished Apartment) details will be below;. Its a furnished apartment named UNIVERSITY Plaza right in downtown toronto,LITERALLY steps away fr Toronto city hall where u can do some of your papers,steps away to canadas major banks RBC,scotia bank,CIBC,TD etc..,eaton mall is right beside the city hall,The bay mall,the CN Tower, the apartment is all surrounded with Pubs,theatres,restaurants,Tim Horton (#1 coffee chain in canada is right beside the building) subways (but who needs it) eveything u need is right here just steps away..
Chinatown is a 5minute walk,kensington market is d same..the location is so SUPERB..it can be expensive though but like me for instance, i have a small kid so i feel that this is just the best location for us..
The apartment operates like a hotel, or i say more than a hotel,free wifi internet no interruptions,free water and hydro/electricity,housekeeping with toiletries,free cleaned towels,solingen kitchen wares,huge digital ref ,microwave,dishwasher,laundry machine with dryer,2 plasma tv's with DVD player,a bathroom and a den..with 24 hr security. friends could come by anytime with no extra charge.. u can even have a free parking on the sides of the building if full then the building has its own prvate parking with minimum park rate.
u can search the net for the same apartment and the pics are 99% same as the actual.
The details; we are renting the apartment for 23days for 2,530.00 C$,i know thats a lot of money but im telling you its all worth it expecially if ur travelling with your family.. by the way, its a two bedroom apartment. the buidling is new..TFA is managed by Victor Pinto (such a nice guy)..we were a little bit delayed instead of coming in on an earlier date,we moved our arrival date and Victor was very kind to give us the discount and d guy is very reliable too..so its really worth a try if youre visiting toronto for holidays you may ask for his assitance. TFA office is right next to the univ plaza building. in case,his phone numbers are mentioned on the net ..thats it everyone,like i said, i just want to share this info in case ud be interested,i have no direct or indirect dealings with them whatsoever but i am happy and will convince more friends to come and stay on same place if visiting downtown toronto. =) cheers everyone!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
at9459 said:
can we carry gold and silver coins instead of jewellery while moving to canada
Yes, u can.
Just as jewelry or heirlooms - u'd require to a attach it's photos as well.

Qorax

jamesbond

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
@qorax, thanks for the link. Actually I also read about a guy once who had problems landing with his car but not importing it in Canada.
I, on the other hand, want to land & import the car. So I hope it will be fine.

Thanks.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jamesbond said:
@ qorax, thanks for the link. Actually I also read about a guy once who had problems landing with his car but not importing it in Canada.
I, on the other hand, want to land & import the car. So I hope it will be fine.

Thanks.
Yes, that should be fine.

nmat

Jul 29, 2010
qorax said:
Yes, that should be fine.
I was also thinking in that line, in listing my car in the imported items. If we don't import it late and try not to import another one, then it shouldn't cause a problem as such I believe.

at9459

May 30, 2009
please comment.
I enter Canada and without getting PR card I go to USA. can I renter Canada by road without the card.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
at9459 said:
please comment.
I enter Canada and without getting PR card I go to USA. can I renter Canada by road without the card.
Yes.
By Road entries (in Pvt. Vehs) r Ok with our COPR. However, if we take a public transport (Air, Sea, Road) we'd require the PRCs.

Qorax

azee

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
People like u r angels....who show paths and not only paths but also give full guidence on hurdles and difficulties God bless u.....regards