+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
Any idea how much this Ontario private insurance costs per person or per couple? thanks
https://arbetovinsurance.com/visitorstocanada/

djgt

Oct 27, 2014
Hi all,

Can we have to declare all the good including cloths, crokries, groceries, articles and etc. Also want to know do we need to make list of all in 2 sheets for landing and what papers they are asking at airport when we land there...........

R/DJGT

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
PR Cards are sent by ordinary mail of Canada Post, not by courier.
It will arrive just like ordinary letter in the mailbox.

You can Call CIC at 1-888-242-2100 during business hours to confirm status/issuance/mailing of the PR Card
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

CBSA website has the goods forms (see: www.cbsa.gc.ca for details)

eefromusa

Aug 21, 2015
In my EE application I entered Ontario as a province of interest as my cousin lives in Toronto whose address I am planning to use. I am only going to Canada for 1 day for landing and then back to USA.

Question:
Can I land in Vancouver and still use Toronto address? Is that suspicious or will raise more questions?
Any suggestions

SpaceX

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-14
Nomination.....
17-11-14
File Transfer...
24-12-14
Med's Done....
3rd Line updated 31-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/03/15
LANDED..........
October 2015
Landing Experience -

Hello All - Landed a week back
I had opened an account with the Sciotia Bank and transferred funds (the whole processes takes 2 weeks and then you may request proof by Fax or regular post on bank letterhead which may take another 2 weeks)

I landed at Toronto Person Int Airport.

After you get down use the facilities as you may be in queue's for over an hour from this point

The Immigration check border Agency asked a few questions and then guided us to the Immigration counter this took 20 min. All travellers with VISA higher then 6 months get directed here and during my time that seemed higher so we had a queue of 16 people with 3 counters serving them. It took nearly 35 minutes to reach the counter. During this time in both the queue you have access to water (and toilet on request).

At the Immigration officer desk- She did not require my PR card forms. she said we do that online now and then asked us to sign the COPR after taking the passport and COPR asked us to sit and wait in the waiting area for 15 min. Then she returned the passport and COPR.

Services Canada Counter was luckily open-
Here they handed us a slip with 5 basic questions and asked us to fill them out. your last name, given name, mothers maden name, local address etc

They filled it in and handed over a printed SIN number.

Then we passed through the Canada information Booth section again made a note of our entrance and then gave relevant information hand-outs and Medical forms for Insurance registration.

Customs
After picking up our bags we were asked if we had goods to follow and then guided to the Custom's section
Here too there was a small queue and after we reached the officer -
he reviewed the list with all the items and pictures. Then he decided the way we had filled the B4 as per list was not efficient for him. So he removed those and filled out a B4 himself based on the calculation and print out we had. Printed 2 copies and recreated 2 sets.
(B4a not required as you have printed list with Value and pictures)
Then he went and created invoices / receipt proof for both the sets. Stamped our set and handed it over.

Overall the processes was smooth but the waiting in queue was tiring.

Please carry some dry snack especially if you have kids for this time.

alimsn

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Updated Schedule A Request 17/3/2015
Nomination.....
PER 11/12/2014
AOR Received.
2nd Line Update 10-MAR-2015-Started Processing
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
12-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-07-2015, submitted 23-7-2015-Riyadh
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2015
LANDED..........
21-09-2015
Hi guys,

my ecas status changed to complete today, I have landed on 21/9/2015 and waiting for PR card.

I guess this might be an indication that PR card is on the way.

anyone had the same experience, I think average time PR card dispatch is 60 days, any one can confirm?

Blue.A

Jul 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

Any one knows if the landing visa has damaged somehow, and before expiry, what will happen then? do i lose the immigration?

thank you

Jags0211

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I am travelling on 6th November, 2015. I need to know if i can show Traveller's cheques as proof of funds?
Please let me know as i am little worried about this.

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
alimsn said:
Hi guys,

my ecas status changed to complete today, I have landed on 21/9/2015 and waiting for PR card.

I guess this might be an indication that PR card is on the way.

anyone had the same experience, I think average time PR card dispatch is 60 days, any one can confirm?
Its funny that we both landed on the same exact day. I got this update around a week after i landed and till now i didn't receive the PR card. The last average processing time recorded is 44 days - this means that we should expect it anytime in the next two weeks.

Jags0211

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Please reply on this.

Jags0211 said:
I am travelling on 6th November, 2015. I need to know if i can show Traveller's cheques as proof of funds?

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jags0211 said:
It's acceptable. No worry.

eefromusa

Aug 21, 2015
Help on the below plz---

In my EE application I entered Ontario as a province of interest as my cousin lives in Toronto whose address I am planning to use. I am only going to Canada for 1 day for landing and then back to USA.

Question:
Can I land in Vancouver and still use Toronto address? Is that suspicious or will raise more questions?
Any suggestions

[/quote]

PCJ

May 3, 2014
Hello Friends,

I have received COPR on May 2015 and my one time entry visa is valid till April 2016.

I had planned to land on December 2015, I am a professional working in Oil & Gas field but due to the downturn in the current market I am thinking to postpone my landing till February 2016.

I hope I haven't missed any important news and won't have any difficulties for landing 10months after receiving the COPR.

Please give me your suggestions or any advice you think is important for me.

Best regards,
PCJ

GODWILLDO

Jul 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 August 2014
Doc's Request.
cc Charged : 13 November 2014
Nomination.....
28 November 2014
IELTS Request
2013 July
File Transfer...
Second line update : 2 February 2015
Med's Request
25 February 2015
Med's Done....
12 March 2015 TLU : 22 March 2015
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
22 May 2015 DM : 26 May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2015
Can anyone please help me to give the links to for B4 and B4a forms.. i was not able to find it...
can we make alist of items that will follow later in a seperate sheet or it shoule be in the form only...(as space is not enough)

what are the items we need to mention in the goods to follow. We are not going to carry items along with us.. is it required still to fill out the B4 forms...

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Dear all,
I just logged in to the CIC website to check the status of my PR card request. I noticed that they have updated my home address with the address i have given in the Airport. However, there is a mistake in one of the letters in the postal code. I expect that my PR card is either shipped or about to get shipped very soon. What should i do? Should i change the address through the website or i should i call someone from CIC? it's mentioned on the website that it takes 5 days to update the address.

Please let me know based on your experience with similar situations.

Thank you