+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

alimsn

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Updated Schedule A Request 17/3/2015
Nomination.....
PER 11/12/2014
AOR Received.
2nd Line Update 10-MAR-2015-Started Processing
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
12-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-07-2015, submitted 23-7-2015-Riyadh
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2015
LANDED..........
21-09-2015
blast4past said:
Hi Guys,
Did landing today at Ottawa. Very few people at airport, so got to the officer quickly who redirected me to the immigration office. We were the only ones in the immigration office, so our process got over real quick.
Officer did not ask for POF(but I had all the docs just in case). He took my Canadian mailing address, but did not take my pre-filled new PR card application or passport photos - he said all that was done electronically and there was no need for me to submit a paper based new PR card app. He got the COPRs signed & attached to our passports.
Gave the B4 & B4A forms to the next officer & that was it.

In all it took about 35 minutes only.

I hope all the people waiting for their apps will get it over with soon too.

Thanks guys !
Great, you answered my question, no new photos is required, those on the COPR are sufficient.

SWEETYks

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
PAKISTAN
Visa Office......
LONDON ( RFI)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2015
Nomination.....
16-12-2014 (PER )
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
(Waived) By God's Grace
Passport Req..
20-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015 (passport received)
LANDED..........
(Soon) By God's Grace
Pritpalgill said:
Guys need an advise about landing in Canada, I want to land in mid December this year due to some exigencies. Is that a good time to start life in there?
I know it is going to be too cold there, but I am quite prepared for that, concern is how is job market there at that time of the year. Is it a good decision to be there in mid winters or I should delay it further, if yes then what is the good time to land in there, I will have my visa valid till June next year (I guess as my MR is of 1st June this year)

Thanks
Pritpal

Hi i have same concerns. even il land in nov or dec. r u single or with family?

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
SWEETYks said:
Hi i have same concerns. even il land in nov or dec. r u single or with family?
I would say the priority should be your family and current work life etc on deciding a landing date. Winter would be a dry season on jobs, although I wouldn't say you won;t find any jobs. It would be difficult to commute as Subways and buses might not run at the same pace as in rest of the seasons.

There is more activities during summer/fall or spring that you can find part time jobs.

NJS

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-03-2015
Med's Request
22-06-2015 & 3rd Line updated on 7-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
29-May-2015 & Submitted 23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Not called
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
Hi

Can somebody please help me in filling my B4 form? I am an Indian & I currently stay in USA. I will finish the landing formality sometime in October & come back to US after a couple of days.

1.Should I give my current US address in Importer's address or should it be a Canadian address?
2.Should the country of Origin or export be India or USA?
3. What is Form BSF186A?

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Hello Forumites,

I need some clarifications about landing procedure as a newcomer.

I am heading to Halifax via Toronto (YYZ Airport) and it appears i will have to do my landing formalities in Toronto.

- What comes first, do i need to do the landing formalities first or pick my luggage first?

- If i have to do the landing formalities first, where will i be able to locate my luggage?

-After, the landing process, how do i get my luggage checked into the connecting flight to Halifax?

- Assuming i miss my connecting flight, can i always buy ticket at the airport?

Thank you

Waiting2014

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO TO WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Given with application
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-06-2015
Passport Req..
17-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2015
LANDED..........
May be Oct 2015
Hi All,

I have a query related to Landing

Please Help

-I am the primary applicant and have my spouse and son as dependents. I am going to land in mid November alone...will that be a problem as I will be landing alone?
-Also my spouse is not very supportive since the beginning of this process however got PR finally. So he might not go to Canada at all. Will that cause any problem to me in future?
-Is there any harm, my spouse can give to me in my case because he keep on saying that he will file a complaint to immigration that I went alone to Canada and all
-We might get separated soon...what is the procedure to follow if we file a divorce case after l land there. Do i need to inform them? If yes, will they ask me to go back to India?
-If we get legally separated, will my spouse still be able to enter Canada before visa expires?

I am totally confused what should I do...should I go or first get separated. What complications I may have to face basis what I mentioned above.

Please advise ???

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
Waiting2014 said:
Hi All,

Please Help

-I am the primary applicant and have my spouse and son as dependents. I am going to land in mid November alone...will that be a problem as I will be landing alone?
-Also my spouse is not very supportive since the beginning of this process however got PR finally. So he might not go to Canada at all. Will that cause any problem to me in future?
-Is there any harm, my spouse can give to me in my case because he keep on saying that he will file a complaint to immigration that I went alone to Canada and all
-We might get separated soon...what is the procedure to follow if we file a divorce case after l land there. Do i need to inform them? If yes, will they ask me to go back to India?
-If we get legally separated, will my spouse still be able to enter Canada before visa expires?

I am totally confused what should I do...should I go or first get separated. What complications I may have to face basis what I mentioned above.

Please advise ???

If any change occurs before you land in Canada, it will get you into trouble but if u get divorced or separated after landing , you will be safe. If your partner does not come to Canada before the expiry date, his visa will automatically get cancelled. Even if your partner does not accompany you in Canada, you will be safe but you have to carry the POF for you and for your partner both.

Waiting2014

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO TO WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Given with application
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-06-2015
Passport Req..
17-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2015
LANDED..........
May be Oct 2015
takhan said:
If any change occurs before you land in Canada, it will get you into trouble but if u get divorced or separated after landing , you will be safe. If your partner does not come to Canada before the expiry date, his visa will automatically get cancelled. Even if your partner does not accompany you in Canada, you will be safe but you have to carry the POF for you and for your partner both.
Thank you so much for the response Takhan :)

I will do the landing first ...thanks for clearing my doubts.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Waiting2014 said:
Hi All,

Please Help

Please advise ???
Here are my 2 cents FWIW:

If you used your spouse in obtaining points to qualify, it will definitely cause problems if you get divorced or separated. However, if you did not, and qualified all by yourself, it technically should not have any impact, as long as you inform them and sign an affidavit that you will never sponsor him (that is what I had to do, since I am separated from my wife - but I did this right from the start of the application process). However, as takhan above pointed out, I STRONGLY suggest, not to do any of this because it could cause issues, delays and all kinds of unnecessary practical problems. Only go this route, if you absolutely have no other choice.

Secondly, your spouse can do literally nothing, now that you've been approved for the PR (since you are the PA). However with that said, these things work in theory and sometimes cause some problems in reality. So it might be in your best interest to work things out diplomatically with your spouse, till you land.

Once you land and "officially" become a PR, you are 100% safe. No one can do anything at that point. You don't need to inform anybody of anything, and you can file for a divorce by yourself if you wish, without any problems whatsoever, as long as you have been a resident of the state you wish to reside in, for a particular period of time (it varies from state to state, but it is typically a few months).

If Canadian immigration authorities have not been informed of your separation or divorce, I think your spouse could still enter on his visa (before expiry), and become a PR. However, I'm not entirely sure about this, because I read somewhere that dependents can only arrive AFTER the principal applicant has landed (or something like that). Someone with more knowledge about this than me can help you with this.

sagarsa

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-11-2014
IELTS Request
Second line update : 17th Jan 2015
File Transfer...
Started Processing : 14th Jan 2015
Med's Request
20th Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Feb Starting...
Passport Req..
13th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th March 2015
Hi Friends,

Can someone please advise if we can apply for SIN at toronto airport itself? If yes, office is open until what time?

Thanks

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waiting2014 said:
Hi All,

Please Help

No problem

No, not for immigration/PR, but you should think about how that could affect custody of your son

No. Absolutely no.

If you separate or divorce AFTER landing, you will not be asked to return to India. If you separate or divorce after YOU land in Canada, but before your husband lands, you will need to inform CIC. Again, it won't affect YOUR PR.

To file for divorce in Canada, you will need to have been resident for at least a year.

I'm honestly not sure of the definitive answer to that :(. I *suspect* that if you separate before he lands, and you inform CIC of the change in circumstances (and he will be asked that question on landing), he might not be admitted. I suggest a one-time consultation with a lawyer for this specific question.

Please advise ???
I'm very sorry you are facing this at such a stressful time, and sincerely wish you the best of luck.

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
Waiting2014 said:
Hi All,

Please Help

Please advise ???
Sorry to hear about your problems.

There will be no problem if you land alone at first. Lots of people do just that. If you do get legally separated from your spouse, you have to inform CIC about it, and your spouse can no longer enter Canada as your dependent. Bear in mind that if you do get separated, and you want to take your son to Canada, you must mandatorily submit a consent form signed by your spouse, stating that he has no objection to your son being taken to Canada by you.

Mihawk

Sep 15, 2015
Hello all,

I'm new here and i was wondering if anybody could tell me if i have a decent profile for getting the PR ?

My profile would look like this when applying for the PR : (nationality : North Africa)
-27 years old (single no kids)
-one year of work experience
-fluent in french and english
-no job offer/no prior work in Canada
-graduate in finance/business/management

I'm planning to get an MBA after my stint in France but having the PR would allow me to pay nearly half the fees (and be eligible for student loans) and be in a much better position to find a job (especially for one-year mba which only makes you eligible for a one year work permit).

Do i stand a chance ? What's the worst that could happen if they refuse ? Or do your application just get delayed ?
Wouldn't it be more wise to apply after 2 years of experience ? I saw that the majority of applicants had roughly 5+years of experience in average.
Also how much time does it take IN AVERAGE to get the PR from the moment you file your app ? 1year ? a year a half ? Or more like 2 years + ? On what does it depend ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for these newbies questions.

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Hello Forumites,

I am heading to Halifax via Toronto (YYZ Airport) and it appears i will have to do my landing formalities in Toronto.

- What comes first, do i need to do the landing formalities first or pick my luggage first?

- If i have to do the landing formalities first, where will i be able to locate my luggage?

-After, the landing process, how do i get my luggage checked into the connecting flight to Halifax?

Thank you

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sambisa Valley said:
Hello Forumites,

Landing

at the baggage carousel. It will be signposted, and there are employees you can ask.

At the airline check-in desk/facility.

Yes. However, depending on what kind of ticket you hold, and whether the flight was booked through to Halifax from your point of departure, the airline(s) may be able to put you on a later flight without charging for a new ticket. Ask the airline.

Thank you