+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
DEAR FORUM MEMBER ......PLEASSSSSS HELP

I LANDED ONE MONTH AGO AT THE FIRST OF AUGUST , DURING MY LANDING I GAVE THE CANADIAN ADDRESS FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE PR ADDRESS

TILL NOW MY MAILING ADDRESS ON ECAS IS STILL SHOWING MY HOME COUNTRY ADDRESS Huh SHOULD I CALL CIC OR SHOULD I CHANGE IT ONLINE

SOME PEOPLE SAID BY CALLING THEM I MAY RISK IT ALL BECAUSE I'IM OUTSIDE OF CANADA AND THEY DONT AGREE TO SEND PR'S TO PEOPLE WHO LEFT CANADA!!!!! WHILE OTHERS SAID IF I CHANGE IT ONLINE IT WILL TAKE A WHOLE MONTH UNTIL IT SHOWS ON ECAS ?

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kazioahid said:
Hi seniors

Can anyone plz tell me, in B4 form there is a box for importer's address . which address it should be ? Home country address or canadian address?
Canadian address.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gems2511 said:
Hi GariKam,

Quick question because you didn't have friends or family in Vancouver, did you have a permanent address organised prior to landing? If you didn't what was the process for your PR card without a permanent address for it to be sent to?
If you don't have an address (friends/relatives) on arrival, you simply advise CIC of your address once you have one. The CBSA agent who processes your landing will advise. Ask if s/he doesn't mention it.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunil_k_gupta said:
Reposting...

Hi Friends:
I m planning to land in canada on 11th Sep'15. My question is ragarding POF. Can I show my property papers as proof of available funds because as per CIC official website These funds could be in the form of:

•cash
•documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
•documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).
If by "property" you mean real estate (house/land), no.

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
Hi Gem2511

I had a family living in Abbotsford slightly known to me. Gave their address... And then changed it online for my PR card... My SIN and bank account were started on that address. Later I informed them of the change. Rather changing address is manageable, we had to change three accommodations in the first 5 months and all three were in different cities. The shifting was harder ... there are online portals that are connected to all major govt agencies... So you can change your address at one place and it will get changed at all others.

All th best
GeeKay

And yes there is one more thing... You can take a PO box with Canada Post if you dont have a permanent address.. All you mail is secure there. It costs les than a 100 dollars for an years fee I guess...

Lammawitch said:
If you don't have an address (friends/relatives) on arrival, you simply advise CIC of your address once you have one. The CBSA agent who processes your landing will advise. Ask if s/he doesn't mention it.

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
Hi perukulla as a forum member said you do not need forms from.. You can have all those here... Also initially if you guys are looking for a place to get print outs as they are expensive if you don;t have a printer.. you can go to the local public library or Work BC office... you will get free/subsidized photocopies. print outs there.... the CRA, MSP, CCTB etc.. many forms depending on your province have to be mailed to the respective agencies or given in person.. Settlement agencies do provide a free copy of those forms.. However, it is not a bad idea to keep a few printouts in your baggage.. Will just relieve you of an unnecessary hassle I have put all important links to the various govt agencies and forms you will need in my web page.. You may get most tof the stuff you need there.. Though it is specific for BC but most of the stuff there is largely for anywhere in Canada.

perukulla said:
yes, i need the link for the above forms and also if i need to keep ready any more form at the airport or service canada or service ontario etc.

nastasya

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Fsasamir said:
Friends,

Can anyone plz let me know if there is certain validity requirement for international passport for visa stamping?

Do we have any CIC rules like " International passport should remain valid at least for 6 or 12 months after the date when immigration visa expires"?

If yes, does that rule refer to infant dependent?

Thanks,

Thats instructions I got when received PPR

"Passports must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages"

I have no dependents so I'm not a 100% sure but I think this rule is for every single passport you send no matter of age and principal/dependent. At least there is no exceptions to this rule stated in my PPR email

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
My address on ECAS did not change for months after I actually got my PR card.. ECAS is erractic.. I think you can just wait. Rest is your call... Hope that helps.

All the best

GeeKay

cooldoc80 said:
DEAR FORUM MEMBER ......PLEASSSSSS HELP

I LANDED ONE MONTH AGO AT THE FIRST OF AUGUST , DURING MY LANDING I GAVE THE CANADIAN ADDRESS FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE PR ADDRESS

TILL NOW MY MAILING ADDRESS ON ECAS IS STILL SHOWING MY HOME COUNTRY ADDRESS Huh SHOULD I CALL CIC OR SHOULD I CHANGE IT ONLINE

SOME PEOPLE SAID BY CALLING THEM I MAY RISK IT ALL BECAUSE I'IM OUTSIDE OF CANADA AND THEY DONT AGREE TO SEND PR'S TO PEOPLE WHO LEFT CANADA!!!!! WHILE OTHERS SAID IF I CHANGE IT ONLINE IT WILL TAKE A WHOLE MONTH UNTIL IT SHOWS ON ECAS ?

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

kooka7

Jun 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
21-05-2015 CPC-M > CPC-O
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
17/12/2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-08-2015 (Passport Copies)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt (AUS)
LANDED..........
23-09-2015
Can some one please let me know if there is a dedicated "Landing in Canada - Already IN CANADA" section of the forum or is this the place to ask my questions?

Thanks

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
THANKS GARIKAM

I ALREADY CONTACTED CIC AND THE LADY SAID MY CANADIAN ADDRESS IS ON THIERE SYSTM , BUT IN THE SAME TIME SHE COULDNT ANSWER WHY THIS HAPPENED!!! SHE SEND THE ADDRESS CHANGE LINK TO MY EMAIL AND WHEN I ASKED HER DO I NEED TO CHANGE IT , SHE SAID NO , JUST UPDATE YOUR PHONE AND MAIL !!!

BUT I'M REALLY AFRAID AND PREFER TO KEEP IT AS IT IS

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
did you check out the settlement issues link on the main Canada immigration forum page?

kooka7 said:
Can some one please let me know if there is a dedicated "Landing in Canada - Already IN CANADA" section of the forum or is this the place to ask my questions?

Thanks

kooka7

Jun 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
21-05-2015 CPC-M > CPC-O
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
17/12/2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-08-2015 (Passport Copies)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt (AUS)
LANDED..........
23-09-2015
No, I didn't... but I will look into that section. Thanks for the suggestion.

:-D

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Hi Guys

I received my COPR and visa a couple of months ago.
I am planning to visit CA for 15 days in October as my first entry and get the PR card and SIN. After that I will come back to NZ where I am currently living and will permanently move to CA after some time.
We are a family of three and on the website the required amount of funds is CAD18260.
I am planning to take CAD5000 as cash and for the rest we have funds available in our bank account in NZ. Together the cash and back balance well fulfill the CAD18260 requirement.
The question I have is if the official at the airport would consider the bank balance certificate from the bank in NZ? Do not want to carry traveler cheques in order to prevent the dual currency conversion charges and the service fee.
I will also be carrying the property evaluation papers for my property in India, this is the document I had originally submitted while applying for the PR.

Would really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Gems2511

Dec 13, 2014
Yorkshire, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/14
Nomination.....
n/a
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
PER recieved 11/02/2015
Med's Request
14/05/2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Will be 09/05/2016
GariKam said:
Hi Gem2511

I had a family living in Abbotsford slightly known to me. Gave their address... And then changed it online for my PR card... My SIN and bank account were started on that address. Later I informed them of the change. Rather changing address is manageable, we had to change three accommodations in the first 5 months and all three were in different cities. The shifting was harder ... there are online portals that are connected to all major govt agencies... So you can change your address at one place and it will get changed at all others.

All th best
GeeKay

And yes there is one more thing... You can take a PO box with Canada Post if you dont have a permanent address.. All you mail is secure there. It costs les than a 100 dollars for an years fee I guess...
Thanks for the speedy reply - that's all a big relief :) one less thing I need to stress about now, thank you.
Oh and also I've started looking at your website - it's great! So much information on there, I've now bookmarked it as a favourite.

Anyone moving to BC should definitely check it out!

Gems xo