+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Gravity

May 18, 2010
Regarding POF - LET me mention few things. U must carry the required POF with you. if you are one person landing in Canada - carry one person required money. OR if let suppose you are 3 or 4 or 5 ......you can also carry their money for each individual even if they will join you later. all the POF you are CARRing WILL BE LOGGED IN THEIR pc data . SO WHEN REST OF THE FAMILY COMES IN TO CANADA they can say my money is already been carried by our PA. or PA MAY CARRY HIS PART OF THE POF. REST OF THE FAMILY MAY CARRY THEIRS. plz be honest they do check POF.

mustu521

Star Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
09-04-2015
Med's Done....
25-04-2015
Interview........
07-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
future_canadian said:
There is no requirement that any proof of funds be "certified" or "sealed" or come in the form of a letter from a bank or other person with access to your accounts. CIC always states very clearly when documents must be certified/witnessed etc.

A simple statement of the accounts will do. If it's not in CAD I advise carrying also a printout from the Bank of Canada showing a recent exchange rate, so it will be easy for the officer to verify that the amount shown suffices. Even this is not a requirement, but merely a suggestion for convenience.
Thanks future_canadian.

My main concern with this question was about carrying a bank statement as pof at the port of entry and if that was a acceptable document as many have said otherwise. Do you know any who have got through with bank statements from their local bank accounts?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gravity said:
future_canadian . SIN card are not valid any more . now they provide sin paper. sin paper are provided at c" Canada service centre" google it you will know where this centre is located n your area , go there ASAP with pp and Landing papers . if all is ok , they will give u the SIN there and than,
True. I did this last week.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gravity said:
Regarding POF - LET me mention few things. U must carry the required POF with you. if you are one person landing in Canada - carry one person required money. OR if let suppose you are 3 or 4 or 5 ......you can also carry their money for each individual even if they will join you later. all the POF you are CARRing WILL BE LOGGED IN THEIR pc data . SO WHEN REST OF THE FAMILY COMES IN TO CANADA they can say my money is already been carried by our PA. or PA MAY CARRY HIS PART OF THE POF. REST OF THE FAMILY MAY CARRY THEIRS. plz be honest they do check POF.
This is simply NOT TRUE. You do NOT have to carry actual cash or cash equivalents with you in the amount of your required POF. You only have to carry PROOF with you, NOT the actual funds.

The immigration officer MIGHT ask for your proof of funds. You can be refused entry if you don't have it. This is the proof only, not the actual funds. I was not asked, but they do ask so be prepared!

The immigration officer WILL ask you how much cash or cash equivalent you are carrying. You are free to carry any amount. If it is over CAD$10,000, you should declare it on your customs form that you first show to passport control then carry with you through immigration and on to the customs officer when you exit the hall.

Hope that clarifies.

mustu521

Star Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
09-04-2015
Med's Done....
25-04-2015
Interview........
07-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
future_canadian said:
This is simply NOT TRUE. You do NOT have to carry actual cash or cash equivalents with you in the amount of your required POF. You only have to carry PROOF with you, NOT the actual funds.

The immigration officer MIGHT ask for your proof of funds. You can be refused entry if you don't have it. This is the proof only, not the actual funds. I was not asked, but they do ask so be prepared!

The immigration officer WILL ask you how much cash or cash equivalent you are carrying. You are free to carry any amount. If it is over CAD$10,000, you should declare it on your customs form that you first show to passport control then carry with you through immigration and on to the customs officer when you exit the hall.

Hope that clarifies.
Are local bank statements considered an acceptable pof document at the poe?

ssg_86

Jun 26, 2015
Hi all,
I just did the landing in Vancouver. Extremely smoothly and easy. My spouse carried POF, they are only 2k usd and 15k in cheques. The CBSA did not even ask me for proof of funds, i voluntarily explained that I had more than 10k money instrument with me. He asked me to sign on a declare paper and the cheque is not even on my name. I was not asked for goods follow list ( it depends on officer , the next counter office was asking for it). I think landing in Vancouver is a good choice. Because the city is pretty familiar to immigrants ( as most of the staffs are asian ) .Thanks a lot for all your help to my journey. All the best to everyone :)

Sandhu21

Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
File Transfer...
19-02-2015 (Process Started)
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015, Third Line update- 08 April 2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
soon
is travellers cheque made from thomas cook india ,acceptable in scotia bank canada??

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
I heard there are four ports of entry available for newly immigrants. Can you guys tell which are those?

If ALLAH wills, I will be going to winnipeg Manitoba, in that case can I choose Calgary as my port of entry?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
takhan said:
I heard there are four ports of entry available for newly immigrants. Can you guys tell which are those?

If ALLAH wills, I will be going to winnipeg Manitoba, in that case can I choose Calgary as my port of entry?
You can choose any major airport or land crossing.

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hi all,

Does anybody know the procedures of adding the wife after getting the immigration visa?
which option is better? landing then marriage or marriage first?

I'm currently single, and I plan to find a spouse and get married before moving there.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
mr.gk said:
Hi all,

Does anybody know the procedures of adding the wife after getting the immigration visa?
which option is better? landing then marriage or marriage first?

I'm currently single, and I plan to find a spouse and get married before moving there.
If you get married before you land, you must inform VO and take their advice.
If you do not, you risk not being able to sponsor your wife later.

Technically, you are not a permanent resident until you cross immigration checks at airport.
So any changes to your circumstances before you become a PR has to be communicated to Visa Office.