+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Wrong answers regarding the IMM 5444E.

This application is for PR card renewals / replacements only and is not filled out for landing.

tm96

Mar 11, 2015
Do we have to fill single B4 form or individually for all family members like spouse kid n self?

I am not getting anything by cargo but will get more stuff after 2 / 3 yrs when I come back again like dinner set n utensils + Indian clothes. Do I have to fill in B4A for the same.

Request you to confirm at the earliest.

I am also getting gold jewellery evaluated. Is there any limit on the amount of jewellery I can bring in?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tm96 said:
Do we have to fill single B4 form or individually for all family members like spouse kid n self?

You can do one for the family

I am not getting anything by cargo but will get more stuff after 2 / 3 yrs when I come back again like dinner set n utensils + Indian clothes. Do I have to fill in B4A for the same.

Yes

Request you to confirm at the earliest.

I am also getting gold jewellery evaluated. Is there any limit on the amount of jewellery I can bring in?

No limit but it must be declared

PNEPAL

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Med's Request
21-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Passport Req..
02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
Aug ,2015
Do i have to take pics of jwelleries i will be taking after 3 years in Goods to follow list..??

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arjun_Singh_76 said:
Hi Friends,

I am planning to travel to Canada for a short Landing and have a few questions.

What all forms will be needed at the Airport. This is the List that I got from some previous posts, please let me know if there are any more.
1. Passport
2. COPR
3. Child Vaccination and birth certificate.
4. Form IMM 5444E
5. SIN card application NHS 2120 ( where do I find this form )
6. Form B4E ( where do I find this form )

In form IMM 5444E I have a few Questions

Ques 2. Date you became a permanent resident of Canada
>>> What date should I mention, My landing date or the date when I got my passport stamped ?

Ques 19. Address History: your address history for the past five (5) years or if you became permanent resident less than five (5) years ago, your address history since becoming a permanent resident.
>>> Should I give address for the last 5 years or should I assume that I got PR when my passport was stamped and give address details for last 2 months only.

Please advice, thanks in advance
2. Date of landing. You do not become a PR until you land.

19. N/A is all you need to write. When you submit the form you will have been a PR for less than 5 years... maybe even less than 5 minutes.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PNEPAL said:
Do i have to take pics of jwelleries i will be taking after 3 years in Goods to follow list..??
I have not seen anywhere that it is required but people seem to think it's a good idea, and I did, but they didn't take my forms at all!

Arjun_Singh_76

Jul 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent
Interview........
Waived
future_canadian said:
2. Date of landing. You do not become a PR until you land.

19. N/A is all you need to write. When you submit the form you will have been a PR for less than 5 years... maybe even less than 5 minutes.
Thanks Alok4Best and Future Canadian.

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
Landed July 6,2015-- NOT EVEN ONE QUESTION ASKED. Returning our documents and passports, the immigration officer said-Welcome to Canada. That's it.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
fswevaluation said:
Landed July 6,2015-- NOT EVEN ONE QUESTION ASKED. Returning our documents and passports, the immigration officer said-Welcome to Canada. That's it.
Congrats, but how did the officer fill the COPR without asking you any questions?

ssg_86

Jun 26, 2015
fswevaluation said:
may I know where did you do the landing? Thanks :)

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
fswevaluation said:
Congrats nd +1

jdn

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
Dear All ,

Pls find below My Landing experience .

We landed in Toronto on Canada Day - 1st July 2015 from Dubai
There was a delay of 2 hours from emirates airlines . we were scheduled to arrive in Toronto at 3pm but arrived at 5pm .
Below is the list of activities we have done for completing our landing formalities .

1 - Passport control - they asked purpose of visit - informed that we are from FSW category and planning for permanent landing.

2- Immigration control - Asked address, Passport and COPR documents - They checked our landing documents and asked why we landed in Ontario instead of Halifax , My officer was tough and he told i have to exit province within 2 weeks . As per my application I have specified Halifax as my destination . We replied that we checked with many reliable agencys like CIIP and they advised us that FSW applicants can land any where , then he did not accept that fact but still gone through our documents and asked as how much fund we have in cash . we informed that 12,000 CAD and balance in Documents like attested Land valuation and Bond certificates . Officer informed that all these documents can be forged and not valid . He did not even care for looking into the documents which show more than 60000 cad. In the end he gave us a document called Address Notification and asked us to fill all details and apply online or fax document to number specified . We tried to find online link as specified in the document but we could not hence we filled up the document and send by fax to number specified next day of our arrival .

3- SIN card Counter - All documents were submitted again and rcvd SIN number document . SIN counter is open until 9pm on all 7 days of week including holidays.

4 - Baggage from Baggage counter .

5 - Went to Customs Counter - They asked only for Goods to follow document - They asked submit the list of all goods and Gold Photos which we submitted . We gave them two copies of each and 1 set we got it stamped along with customs document showing no tax . I tried to inform them that I am having Draft and money but they asked how much money exactly in hand for which we declared only 10,000 cad and they mention only that amount in the customs documentation form .

Total time taken for completing all documentation in Airport – 3 hours since we are a family of 5 .

Suggestions from my experience – 1, For those who are arriving with family be prepared with food and stuffs for a long time to spend in airport for completing documentations. –2, Prepare all documents in proper file to present it to the officer without panic and confusion –3, Once they ask for the amount of cash in hand inform them the complete amount you are planning to take to Canada ie if you have 10,000 cad in cash and 50000 cad in Draft or Bank statement which you can transfer to Canada you inform the officer that you have total 60,000 in Cash for immediate requirements. If he specifically asks for exact cash then only you need to specify breakup.

Advice needed – As specified earlier we were given an Address notification form ( IMM5456 ) from the Emigration counter for giving the details of our local address either by online or by fax since the officer told his system is slow and he can't enter all the details at that point of time . We were not able to open to online link specified in the form so we have to send the details by fax next day. Please let me know if anybody faced similar situation and if there is any implications due to this in future .

My Online status Changed on 7th July to Completed . Can anybody please suggest will there be any issues with the Address notification and PR card processing due to the problem highlighted earlier . We have given permanent address of one of my relations in Canada . Is it possible to recheck with CIC if all the documents are ok for proceeding with PR card ? or should we do any further steps for completing PR card procedure .

Rgds

Jdn

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
future_canadian said:
We landed today in Vancouver.

There was no wait for immigration. Granted it was a Sunday at 7:30 pm. The first two ladies were very nice. Then we went to the immigration officers themselves and unfortunately they weren't as nice. They didn't give us a hard time, they just seemed like they weren't happy to be there.

I had filled out and printed all forms ahead of time, including pictures of jewelry for the goods accompanying and goods to follow lists, PR card applications, etc., and had them all in a binder ready to produce.

They asked if my address listed on my PR card application was my permanent home address. I said no, it's my lawyer's address, and they would not accept the application, even though I produced a CIC operational bulletin saying it is acceptable. They said we need to have a permanent home address in Canada and would not accept it. They did give us a form to submit after we find a home though. They seemed annoyed that I was disagreeing with them, even though I was being polite and respectful. But after a brief wait they gave us back our COPRs and said welcome to Canada and that was it.

They did not ask for our goods accompanying, goods to follow or proof of funds. Nor did the CBSA agents just before we exited the baggage claim area.

Also, there was no Services Canada desk for us to apply for SIN numbers, even though others have reported doing this at the airport at landing.

Anyway, on to the next step!
Congrats nd +1 future canadian...
Best wishes for future...

drpjs

Feb 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Sept 2014
AOR Received.
02 Feb 2015
Med's Request
15 April 2015
Med's Done....
04 May 2015
Interview........
DM on 09 May 2015
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
fswevaluation said:
Hi,

Can you please suggest how did you manage Proof of Funds.

1. did you take bank statement from home country?
Or
2. did you transfer the funds to canadian bank before we start journey?
or
3. Did you take travellers cheque etc with you?

Thanks.
Or

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-08-2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
Med's Request
24 jan 2015
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 june 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 june 2015
Hey guys,

I have a family of three. Is it really necessary to provide 18000 Canadian dollar proof of fund while landing? I have 10000 which I can show via Travelers Cheque. What can be done to show further 8000 Cad? ( I have house(not loan free) and gold jewelry)
Please suggest.

Thanks