+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tashabee said:
Hi,

I looking to land in September, but won't have a permanent address as I plan to look for an apartment once there. If I don't have an address, would that be a problem when I land?
You have to provide an address so they can send you your PR cards. Arrange ahead of time with a friend or someone you know to use their address. It's perfectly acceptable.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr.gk said:
Hi all,

Could you please explain some information about the landing process?

Am I obliged to land in the same city I mentioned in my application? NO, but avoid landing in Quebec.
How much time is required to apply for the PR card? I need to plan to the first trip and I want to know how many days I need. The application itself is very quick upon landing, but it will take several weeks to send to you. You can arrange ahead of time with a friend or someone you know to have it sent there if you can't stay in Canada until you receive the card.
Is it allowed to re-enter canada again without the PR card? That depends. If you have a passport from a visa-exempt country (meaning you can enter Canada without a visa), then you can enter with just your passport and your COPR even if you don't have a PR card yet, as long as you enter in a private vehicle (i.e., a car coming from the USA) and NOT on a commercial transport such as plane, ferry, bus or train. Why this is the case, I don't know, but it is. If you are from a country that requires a visa to enter Canada, or if you are from a visa-exempt country but you can't arrive by private vehicle, you must either have your PR card already (have someone send it to you) or you can apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document. The PRTD is sort of a pain in the butt but if you really need one you should be able to get it. Good luck.

Thanks a lot.
Answers above in red.

JFKDELHI

Apr 3, 2012
Such a wonderful piece of information.....

Simply genius!!

BIG THANKS...have you had any experience in consultancy....I m ready to hire you in Canada..... :)

tm96

Mar 11, 2015
Is there any limit on jewellery value that we can bring to canada at the time of landing??
I got evaluation done for 9L INR. Can I bring that??
I have already taken the photographs.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
tm96 said:
Is there any limit on jewellery value that we can bring to canada at the time of landing??
I got evaluation done for 9L INR. Can I bring that??
I have already taken the photographs.
there is no limit...

andy6835

Jul 30, 2014
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Does anybody know that with valid I94 from but expired H1b Visa, one can re-enter USA if she/he is crossing only Canada border & returning in same day/week ?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-successfully-used-avr-l1-expired-current-status-h1-t116894.0.html#new

http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/auto_reva.pdf

I have seen above but not sure about it applies to H1 category.

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
andy6835 said:
Guys,

Does anybody know that with valid I94 from but expired H1b Visa, one can re-enter USA if she/he is crossing only Canada border & returning in same day/week ?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-successfully-used-avr-l1-expired-current-status-h1-t116894.0.html#new

http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/auto_reva.pdf

Yes, you can go to Canada and come back to US, as long as your stay does not exceed 30 days, with valid I-94, expired visa and on H1.

Infact I am landing in Canada tomorrow

I have seen above but not sure about it applies to H1 category.

canada4mind

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Good morning all. Please, I have a quick question. What is the cheapest means of transferring funds from Nigeria to Canada after landing.

Regards,

Canada4mind

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014
PGS77 said:
Hey NJ2014,
Did you receive any response to this query? I am in a similar situation, planning to late in August end and worried there will be no hiring in IT till next Feb.
Please let me know.
I think august end, septmebr wll be less, from October it will be practically zero IT hiring. Best time is Feb to July.

It is best to complete landing and comeback and wait for better opportunities, rather then quitting jobs here.

PNEPAL

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Med's Request
21-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Passport Req..
02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
Aug ,2015
The following questions are for people who have already landed,

1. List of things that were carried to Canada from Home Country and regretted because they were either useless, much cheaper there or were expensive to carry.

2. List of things that were not carried from Home Country to Canada and regretted because they were not available in Canada or were way expensive.

Also please share if there is a separate forum for people who have already landed.

Thanks for your help.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We landed today in Vancouver.

There was no wait for immigration. Granted it was a Sunday at 7:30 pm. The first two ladies were very nice. Then we went to the immigration officers themselves and unfortunately they weren't as nice. They didn't give us a hard time, they just seemed like they weren't happy to be there.

I had filled out and printed all forms ahead of time, including pictures of jewelry for the goods accompanying and goods to follow lists, PR card applications, etc., and had them all in a binder ready to produce.

They asked if my address listed on my PR card application was my permanent home address. I said no, it's my lawyer's address, and they would not accept the application, even though I produced a CIC operational bulletin saying it is acceptable. They said we need to have a permanent home address in Canada and would not accept it. They did give us a form to submit after we find a home though. They seemed annoyed that I was disagreeing with them, even though I was being polite and respectful. But after a brief wait they gave us back our COPRs and said welcome to Canada and that was it.

They did not ask for our goods accompanying, goods to follow or proof of funds. Nor did the CBSA agents just before we exited the baggage claim area.

Also, there was no Services Canada desk for us to apply for SIN numbers, even though others have reported doing this at the airport at landing.

Anyway, on to the next step!

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:

There was no wait for immigration. Granted it was a Sunday at 7:30 pm. The first two ladies were very nice. Then we went to the immigration officers themselves and unfortunately they weren't as nice. They didn't give us a hard time, they just seemed like they weren't happy to be there.

I had filled out and printed all forms ahead of time, including pictures of jewelry for the goods accompanying and goods to follow lists, PR card applications, etc., and had them all in a binder ready to produce.

They asked if my address listed on my PR card application was my permanent home address. I said no, it's my lawyer's address, and they would not accept the application, even though I produced a CIC operational bulletin saying it is acceptable. They said we need to have a permanent home address in Canada and would not accept it. They did give us a form to submit after we find a home though. They seemed annoyed that I was disagreeing with them, even though I was being polite and respectful. But after a brief wait they gave us back our COPRs and said welcome to Canada and that was it.

They did not ask for our goods accompanying, goods to follow or proof of funds. Nor did the CBSA agents just before we exited the baggage claim area.

Also, there was no Services Canada desk for us to apply for SIN numbers, even though others have reported doing this at the airport at landing.

Congrats on your landing. Not sure you'll be able to apply for SIN outside of the normal business hours.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
future_canadian said:

Congrats. Getting a SIN at airport is tricky. You need to land within the official business hours.

Arjun_Singh_76

Jul 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent
Interview........
Waived
Hi Friends,

I am planning to travel to Canada for a short Landing and have a few questions.

What all forms will be needed at the Airport. This is the List that I got from some previous posts, please let me know if there are any more.
1. Passport
2. COPR
3. Child Vaccination and birth certificate.
4. Form IMM 5444E
5. SIN card application NHS 2120 ( where do I find this form )
6. Form B4E ( where do I find this form )

In form IMM 5444E I have a few Questions

Ques 2. Date you became a permanent resident of Canada
>>> What date should I mention, My landing date or the date when I got my passport stamped ?

Ques 19. Address History: your address history for the past five (5) years or if you became permanent resident less than five (5) years ago, your address history since becoming a permanent resident.
>>> Should I give address for the last 5 years or should I assume that I got PR when my passport was stamped and give address details for last 2 months only.

Please advice, thanks in advance

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Arjun_Singh_76 said:
Hi Friends,

I am planning to travel to Canada for a short Landing and have a few questions.

What all forms will be needed at the Airport. This is the List that I got from some previous posts, please let me know if there are any more.
1. Passport
2. COPR
3. Child Vaccination and birth certificate.
4. Form IMM 5444E
5. SIN card application NHS 2120 ( where do I find this form )
6. Form B4E ( where do I find this form )

In form IMM 5444E I have a few Questions

Ques 2. Date you became a permanent resident of Canada
>>> What date should I mention, My landing date or the date when I got my passport stamped ?
Date of Landing.
Ques 19. Address History: your address history for the past five (5) years or if you became permanent resident less than five (5) years ago, your address history since becoming a permanent resident.
>>> Should I give address for the last 5 years or should I assume that I got PR when my passport was stamped and give address details for last 2 months only.
Address for last 5 years, plus the address where you are going to stay in Canada.
Please advice, thanks in advance