+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
sumg said:
Thats not enough for 3 ppl. If they ask to see POF, they will definitely stop you. If they dont, then you are plain lucky.
There is no chance that he might not be asked, its part of the COPR form which the officer has to fill.

PNEPAL

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Med's Request
21-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Passport Req..
02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
Aug ,2015
I am planning to carry only few of my jeweleries now & will carry others after 3-4 yrs when i am back home..do i need to declare them in Goods to follow list right now?? somewhere i read good to follow within one yrs are to be mentioned only?? wat will b procedure to take my jwealries to canada later on?? may be after 3-4 yrs??

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumg said:
Thats not enough for 3 ppl. If they ask to see POF, they will definitely stop you. If they dont, then you are plain lucky.
But you don't have to actually carry the funds, only proof of funds.

Shijukabby

Mar 31, 2015
ahmedkhan1603 said:
Hi Guys,
Anyone who got PPR last week and now waiting to get back Passports?
-----------------------------------------
received the PPR on 16th june, submitted on the 28th and waiting for the passports back

PGS77

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER :19-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS : 7.5
File Transfer...
SLU - 4-March-2015
Med's Request
31-March-2015
Med's Done....
11-April-2015 ,TL:21-April-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
3-June-2015, DM:4-June-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-June-2015
LANDED..........
26-Sept-2015
NJ2014 said:
Hi All,

I got my PR stamped during last month, but due to some unavoidable issues, I can only land in Toronto during August,2015. I came to know that most of the I.T hiring happens during feb to june. Is this true ? Can some one please suggest whether I should go in August or make an entry,comeback and wait till next year?

I will be going with my wife and we both need to leave our jobs here, which looks like a risk to me. But, again we dont want to wait till next year. I seek help from the people who are in process of landing or already landed in knowing the pros and cons of landing in August this year.

Thanks in advance
Hey NJ2014,
Did you receive any response to this query? I am in a similar situation, planning to late in August end and worried there will be no hiring in IT till next Feb.
Please let me know.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
PGS77 said:
Hey NJ2014,
Did you receive any response to this query? I am in a similar situation, planning to late in August end and worried there will be no hiring in IT till next Feb.
Please let me know.
I dont think there is any hiring season as such.
December is the only slow month due to year end, vacations, change freeze etc etc.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Dear all

please help me with this questin that is making me really puzzled

during my FSW application I put toronto as my destination city

I'm landing in toronto for a short landing , upon landing i'm planning to tell officer that i'm going to stay at our friends address at edmonton so they could send the PR to that address

i'm not intending to go to edmonton upon first landing and im just staying at toronto for 2 weeks and go back home to arrange things before coming back and settling in Edmonton

Would this scenario produce any problems ? would the officer ask for a proof of my onward flight to Edmonton? I really dont have any people i trust at toronto to give thiere address for PR card

thanks

SardarJI

Jul 2, 2015
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
01-03-2015
IELTS Request
Along vd file
File Transfer...
11-04-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Interview........
NO Idea... TLU - 22-06-2015
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
22nd Jan 2016
vikide said:
I will be travelling to toronto on my PR visa in the month of august.
My flight is from mumbai -- brussels -- toronto.

Wanted to know if a transit visa is required in Brussels, Belgium?
Can somebody who has travelled confirm on the same?

Thanks & Regards,
Vikide
Hi !!!

Transit visa requirement arise only if you want to go out of airport. In case its just flight change no transit visa is required.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
cooldoc80 said:
Dear all

I'm landing in toronto for a short landing , upon landing i'm planning to tell officer that i'm going to stay at our friends address at edmonton so they could send the PR to that address

i'm not intending to go to edmonton upon first landing and im just staying at toronto for 2 weeks and go back home to arrange things before coming back and settling in Edmonton

Would this scenario produce any problems ? would the officer ask for a proof of my onward flight to Edmonton? I really dont have any people i trust at toronto to give thiere address for PR card

thanks
Once you land, you can go wherever you like in Canada. the PR is for the whole country (with a small exception around Quebec), and not just for the city you intend to land in. The officer needs the address so that your PR card can be sent there. As long as someone will be there to collect it, it is not a problem where you are.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:
Dear all

thanks
Hi,
You'll be performing your landing formality in Toronto. The officer will ask you for and address in Canada that your PR card will be mailed to, simply give him the Edmonton address, as you do not have a permanent address in Toronto. It won't be an issue at all.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015

Tashabee

Oct 20, 2014
Hi,

I looking to land in September, but won't have a permanent address as I plan to look for an apartment once there. If I don't have an address, would that be a problem when I land?

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hi all,

Could you please explain some information about the landing process?

Am I obliged to land in the same city I mentioned in my application?
How much time is required to apply for the PR card? I need to plan to the first trip and I want to know how many days I need.
Is it allowed to re-enter canada again without the PR card?

Thanks a lot.