+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
shakti123 said:
For proof of funds at the time of landing, what can be shown as the proof.

... I'am planning to take a cash/card of about 5000 cad and the remaining
... I will take a bank certificate from SBI, showing that I have readily availble funds.

Will this be sufficient or will there be any issues.

Thanks,
It would definitely work

arkscan

Champion Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge- 10-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
2nd line- 17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015; Meds received line in Ecas: 23-01-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 24-03-2015; PPR: 31-03-2015; PP Sent: 1-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015; Received PP Stamped with Visa: 23-04-2015
shakti123 said:
For proof of funds at the time of landing, what can be shown as the proof.

... I'am planning to take a cash/card of about 5000 cad and the remaining
... I will take a bank certificate from SBI, showing that I have readily availble funds.

Will this be sufficient or will there be any issues.

Thanks,
It'd be best if the SBI Balance Certificate (was dated just before ur travel) and stated ur CAD Equivalent Amount, and that the amount was readily withdrawable through your International Debit Card...One person (friend of a friend) I know landed successfully with a certificate like this from ICICI Bank...See if u can get it from SBI....

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
maym99 said:
hello everyone

QUESTIONS PLEASE:-

Q.1 DOES TORONTO AIRPORT HAS SIN NO. GENRATING FACILTY???

Q.2 ANYTIMINGS RELATED TO IT??? I READ SOMEWHERE THAT IT WORKS 1 PM TO 8PM

Q.3 ANYTIMINGS RELATED TO PR OR IMMIGRATION OFFICE?

ADVISE PLEASE

ALSO IF ANY WEBSITE FOR AIRTICKET BOOKING WHICH MAY PROVIDE GOOD DEALS DELHI TO TORONTO
No need to YELL. :p

I see the other questions were already answered. I good site I found for airfare is: www.skyscanner.com

Best wishes! ;D

tumul.td

Oct 9, 2014
Visiting Canada as Tourist Visa after Getting PR Visa - Need Advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,

One query regarding visiting Canada as a tourist after getting PR visa.

Me (as principle applicant) and my family (as dependent) application for Canada PR visa is in process and we are hoping that we will get PR very soon if everything goes well.

Now, my family is planning to visit Canada in the month of August to meet relatives, however, I wont be able to accompany them this time due to some urgencies. However, since its a requirement that principle applicant should do the landing first and dependent can land with him or after his landing, can my family apply for tourist visa (while having PR visa) and visit Canada on tourist visa and come back to India?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Tumul

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question about the PR card application.

The accompanying checklist refers to the "Supplementary Identification Form" and requires 2 photos. It also asks for photocopies of primary and secondary identity documents. Does this apply to new landing or only renewals? Some of the items only apply to renewals.

Also it refers to fees. Is there a fee for issuing the card to new landing immigrants?

Thanks.

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014
arkscan said:
It'd be best if the SBI Balance Certificate (was dated just before ur travel) and stated ur CAD Equivalent Amount, and that the amount was readily withdrawable through your International Debit Card...One person (friend of a friend) I know landed successfully with a certificate like this from ICICI Bank...See if u can get it from SBI....
Thanks arkscan. SBI gave a balance certificate and equivalent CAD amount and saying funds are available any time....

But some consultants are saying only a draft in CAD is valid, not sure how to go about this.

Sar2014

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with file
Nomination.....
25-09-2014 (PER Mail)
IELTS Request
sent with file
Med's Request
11-11-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014 (3rd line updated 27th Dec)
Interview........
Waived off (FBI PCC 03-03-2015)
Passport Req..
20-03-2015 (DM On 25-03-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015 ( as appears in Visa)
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Thanks to all forum mates for the support so far.

We are finally making the landing in Canada on july 1st. We are planning to Drive down from U.S thorugh Niagara

We want to prepare ourself for the landing.Can some one share the list of things needs to be taken care ?

1.Documentation required
2.Taking a rental car for a week. Hope it wont be an issue ?
3. we have insurance with GEICO .I spoke to the customer care.He said the same insurance can be used in Canada if we are visiting as tourist. Is this applicable for Immigration landing ? Should we require to take specific insurance
4.Proof of fund for Landing .10K USD in bank Statement/Balance certificate and 5 K USD in Cash .(For family of 3) . Hope its Ok ?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
shakti123 said:
Thanks arkscan. SBI gave a balance certificate and equivalent CAD amount and saying funds are available any time....

But some consultants are saying only a draft in CAD is valid, not sure how to go about this.
both are ok and accepted, but draft is more reliable and mostly used but costly with exchange rates and charges

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
future_canadian said:
Question about the PR card application.

The accompanying checklist refers to the "Supplementary Identification Form" and requires 2 photos. It also asks for photocopies of primary and secondary identity documents. Does this apply to new landing or only renewals? Some of the items only apply to renewals.

Also it refers to fees. Is there a fee for issuing the card to new landing immigrants?

Thanks.
this refers to renewals only

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Hi Fellas

Could you help me with this question

I plan to take a 50 thousand us dollars with me , the next day i will put in bank , so my question is :

Which is the best way to deposit us dollars in canada without losing money in the exchange ?

- is opening a US dollar bank account is a better idea than depositing the money in Canadian account and getting the bank exchange fee ( which is usually low ) at least to my knowledge

- do you recommend i do the exchange at an exchange office outside the bank and then deposit it ??

- I checked for canadian and US forex(exchange sites ) and unfortunately they dont do transfers from my country in the middle east ?

thanks guys

Handsomeleo

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
NEW DELHI
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/10/2014
Doc's Request.
07/10/2014
AOR Received.
25/02/2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APLLICATION FORM
File Transfer...
25/02/2015
Med's Request
16/04/2015
Med's Done....
27/04/2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
AUG 2015
Hello Friends!!

I have some question in my mind. Please help in resolving these.

We are having Indian Passport and planing to land in Last week of July.

1). How to Carry funds to Canada with least minimum charges? Having Bank Account with HDFC,Citibank,RBL & Bank of Baroda.
2). While giving declaration of things to follow. How much funds we can declare? and what will be time limit?
3). Do we need to carry medical insurance from India?
4). We are planing to stay at friend's place for 1 week. So while filling forms do I need to give local addresses? if yes, Can we give their address?

Thanks

ssg_86

Jun 26, 2015
Hi EVERYONE,
I am newbie here. I just got my corp and stamped visa. But I and my spouse have an issue since i am in singapore and my spouse is studying in US. I am the main applicant. We planned to meet at Toronto airport and do the landing together. May I know anyone has the same problem as us? Would we be able to do that at the same terminal ? I can do my landing alone but the problem is my wife had all the funds and balance certificates since i gave her all the money. Thanks a lot for your advice

GURI.D.CHD

Mar 5, 2014
Hi There,

Same is the case for me. I am also planning to do the landing on July 1/2..Can you or anyone help me in this? I need to know which all formalties are required for landing in Canada.

1. Is 3 working(Friday/3rd July , Monday/6th and Tuesday/7th July) are enough for initial documentation and then giving friends/relatives address for PR card delivery?
2. My city of destination in Confromation of PR doc is Toronto. Can I do entry in Vancouver? <Air fare is less and I've accomodation availble there as well>
3. Do I need to carry proof of funds?

Thanks,
Guri

Sar2014 said:
Thanks to all forum mates for the support so far.

We are finally making the landing in Canada on july 1st. We are planning to Drive down from U.S thorugh Niagara

We want to prepare ourself for the landing.Can some one share the list of things needs to be taken care ?

1.Documentation required
2.Taking a rental car for a week. Hope it wont be an issue ?
3. we have insurance with GEICO .I spoke to the customer care.He said the same insurance can be used in Canada if we are visiting as tourist. Is this applicable for Immigration landing ? Should we require to take specific insurance
4.Proof of fund for Landing .10K USD in bank Statement/Balance certificate and 5 K USD in Cash .(For family of 3) . Hope its Ok ?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
cooldoc80 said:
Hi Fellas

Could you help me with this question

I plan to take a 50 thousand us dollars with me , the next day i will put in bank , so my question is :

Which is the best way to deposit us dollars in canada without losing money in the exchange ?

- is opening a US dollar bank account is a better idea than depositing the money in Canadian account and getting the bank exchange fee ( which is usually low ) at least to my knowledge

- do you recommend i do the exchange at an exchange office outside the bank and then deposit it ??

- I checked for canadian and US forex(exchange sites ) and unfortunately they dont do transfers from my country in the middle east ?

thanks guys
Open 2 accounts one in US and the other in canadian. Deposit your 50k in the US account and Exchange your money on a need basis.
Exchange offices might give you lower rates than banks as they usually charge fees - you need to research well.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Dear Experts

I plan to land next month for a short visit , my plan to let my wife settle in canada 6 months a year while i will visit her from time to time ( keeping in mine the 2/5 years Obligation)

my question is regarding the first 3 years after landing which i will only be in canada for approximately 3 months a year and my wife 6 months a year.

I will be working in my country of origin as there is a contract that i cant break for the next couple of years , i already know that if my wife is present in canada for more than 6 months that would make me liable for taxation .

BUT MY QUESTION IS THE FOLLOWING :
Does opening a bank account in my name with my savings would increase the possiblity of me getting taxted or this would not have any influence , or this dosent make any difference at all ?

thanks