+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

jcanwecan

Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
05-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
requested
VISA ISSUED...
issued..
LANDED..........
soon
lesde said:
Hi experts,
Generally, how long does it take to receive my PR card. I am moving with my family on July 14, but I wanted to make a trip before to set up things and receive my PR card. Has anyone here from India already received their PR card? I need to know when to book my return ticket, because I do not want to go through the hassle of preparing a travel document from India again.

Please advise

Thanks
see link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheray said:
Hi thanks for the link. This is very difficult. Post our landing. If we bring in stuff for our personal use (excluding post landing goods to follow). We have to pay taxes.

I am just thinking how to do this. I wanted to land first get the PR card delivered to me by post and then may be in a year or 2 immigrate finally.
But looks like if i finish up my all landing procedures. Any good, which I would like to bring up later on, would require hefty customs.

Correct?
Whats your take on this :/
In that case, you might want to prepare the B4 form and submit it to the customs officer you meet at landing. This form would allow you to take your time to bring your personal goods duty and tax free until your shipment is completed. You can find the B4 form in the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

navdeepjosan

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2014
Nomination.....
17/11/2014
Med's Request
09/01/2015
Med's Done....
12/01/2015
Interview........
Vaiwed
Passport Req..
05/03/2015 Passport submitted on 09/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
19/03/2015
LANDED..........
probably in may or june
hello guys
I want to know the luggage size that i can carry with myself.I have booked flight on Air India.They have limited luggage size to 273cm for both the bags(Luggage 1+ Luggage 2).
can you suggest if i can carry little bigger baggage upto 300cm.?? or i need to keep under the prescribed sizes.
My worry is that it is very difficult to put 23kg of weight in such a small baggage.

Spartans

May 16, 2013
Question Re: LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Hi!

Could someone answer my question?
My family are living in Canada with student/temporary resident visa.

I am going to Toronto with COPR soon to land. But I do not want to process twice, myself and with family.
So I am landing in as a visitor, not mentioning COPR/Permanent resident Card then I want to go to border with family to land in.
Will there be any issue for doing like this? Is it OK officer happen to find out I have a COPR, after not mentioning at airport?

Thanks for the answer in advance.
Spartans

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
Hello landed seniors, am landing in calgary in a few days time, is it compulsory to fill the goods accompany list because I have no goods except personal clothes and shoes with little food items??

terkukaiku

Jul 13, 2013
Riyadh,KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-May-2014
Nomination.....
7-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
12-Sep-2014
Med's Request
16-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
18-Sep-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
1-June-2015
+1 for the excellent summary

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Re: Question Re: LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Spartans said:
Hi!

Could someone answer my question?
My family are living in Canada with student/temporary resident visa.

I am going to Toronto with COPR soon to land. But I do not want to process twice, myself and with family.
So I am landing in as a visitor, not mentioning COPR/Permanent resident Card then I want to go to border with family to land in.
Will there be any issue for doing like this? Is it OK officer happen to find out I have a COPR, after not mentioning at airport?

Thanks for the answer in advance.
Spartans
Your visa allows you only one entry, and there is a note on the visa that indicates that you are landing so you can only use it once.

If you are driving, you can get your family to meet you at the border then you all enter Canada together to land. Otherwise, you may have to the landing separately. Again, all they need to do is drive down to the border and re-enter Canada to land.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navdeepjosan said:
hello guys
I want to know the luggage size that i can carry with myself.I have booked flight on Air India.They have limited luggage size to 273cm for both the bags(Luggage 1+ Luggage 2).
can you suggest if i can carry little bigger baggage upto 300cm.?? or i need to keep under the prescribed sizes.
My worry is that it is very difficult to put 23kg of weight in such a small baggage.
Ask the airline if you can carry so. Some airlines are very strict and others lax.

Chingy said:
Hello landed seniors, am landing in calgary in a few days time, is it compulsory to fill the goods accompany list because I have no goods except personal clothes and shoes with little food items??
What food?

mastfadi

May 24, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER : 13-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
19-June-2014
Med's Done....
15-July-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21-July-2014::PPR2:3-Aug-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
01-May-2015
Hey Guys,

Just did my landing here in Calgary on the 1st of May. It went smooth as butter, not even close to what I was afraid of. I went to the first Immigration counter. The officer asked me how much money I had (it was more than the required POF in cash and DD), he just wrote down the amount on the declaration card and asked me if I had any food item with me, I said no, he said you may proceed to the Canadian Immigration counter behind him. At the second immigration counter they basically check and stamp your landing papers. I approached the office when my turn came up. She asked me to present my landing papers which I did. She started filling up the details and asked me where I was going to stay now, I said I have a cousin here and I am going to stay with her for the time being, she asked me for the address and insisted on making sure that this is a stable address, I said its not a problem its my cousin's permanent address and they can send the PR card there. That was it for this counter, I was greeted with Welcome to Canada and then i went to take my luggage. After getting my luggage I went to the customs counter and had a discussion with her that I am coming to Canada for 2 weeks and will be back again after a few months to settle and the office agreed that I can present the B4 forms when I come back again to settle. There after, i exited the airport as a PR of canada and happily went to my cousin's. Now its the weekend and I will go to service canada office tomorrow on Monday to apply for SIN card and then to open a bank account. Not sure If I should apply for a credit card and health card at this point as I am not coming back to Canada for at least two years (oil field recession), can anyone guide me here for this please?

By the way any questions are welcome, I have really gained alot from this forum and I believe its my time to contribute.

Chao.

navdeepjosan

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2014
Nomination.....
17/11/2014
Med's Request
09/01/2015
Med's Done....
12/01/2015
Interview........
Vaiwed
Passport Req..
05/03/2015 Passport submitted on 09/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
19/03/2015
LANDED..........
probably in may or june
steaky said:
Ask the airline if you can carry so. Some airlines are very strict and others lax.

What food?
Can you share your baggage size you carried.???

santoshyandhe

May 3, 2015
Hi Experts,

I have received PR yesterday and its validity is Till November 2015. I am planning to fly to Canada in May or June.
I have query regarding collection of PR card. I will land in Canada with my spouse and then I will come back to my home country because I am Principal applicant and currently I am the only source of Income. Will it be fine if my spouse can stay in Canada until she gets PR card and she can continue to hunt for job during the same time.

Your expert advise will help me to take further actions.

Regards,
Santosh

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santoshyandhe said:
Hi Experts,

I have received PR yesterday and its validity is Till November 2015. I am planning to fly to Canada in May or June.
I have query regarding collection of PR card. I will land in Canada with my spouse and then I will come back to my home country because I am Principal applicant and currently I am the only source of Income. Will it be fine if my spouse can stay in Canada until she gets PR card and she can continue to hunt for job during the same time.

Your expert advise will help me to take further actions.

Regards,
Santosh
This is fine.

merry_ivan

Jun 6, 2014
NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
As planned I did my landing in Canada and am back to US now. I live in USA and drove to Peace Bridge for landing. It was a smooth affair. At the immigration and customs, they asked me if I was driving back to US after landing and I answered in the affirmative. The immigration officer activated my PR status and the processing of PR cards but did not submit the address for PR forms. I was given a document that seemed like some address intimation form and I was asked to submit it once I come back to Canada to stay for long term. I was told that the PR cards will be processed and kept with the administration for 180 days. Once they receive notification of my address in Canada, they will send the cards. They also wanted to see settlement money and I provided the bank statements from US banks and it was fine. For my next travel to Canada, I need to show the Record of Landing ( if travelling by road) or the travel document ( if travelling by air). At the customs, I was asked to submit B4 and related documentation when I arrive at Canada to 'live' in Canada. I was told that once you submit B4 and related documentation, there is no actual time limit by when the goods to follow can arrive at Canada. However, if in doubt, the customs officer can ask to show proof of ownership of the goods.

I drove back via Rainbow Bridge and the border officer at check point on US side checked validity of passport and visa to let me in. I was carrying valid visa and I-94 before leaving US. The officer asked 'where you live' and 'why did you drive to Canada' and that's it. I found in I-94 website that I now got a new I-94.

Thank you all for posting a wealth of knowledge in this forum.

ramcanada

Sep 15, 2013
mastfadi said:
Hey Guys,

Just did my landing here in Calgary on the 1st of May. It went smooth as butter, not even close to what I was afraid of. I went to the first Immigration counter. The officer asked me how much money I had (it was more than the required POF in cash and DD), he just wrote down the amount on the declaration card and asked me if I had any food item with me, I said no, he said you may proceed to the Canadian Immigration counter behind him. At the second immigration counter they basically check and stamp your landing papers. I approached the office when my turn came up. She asked me to present my landing papers which I did. She started filling up the details and asked me where I was going to stay now, I said I have a cousin here and I am going to stay with her for the time being, she asked me for the address and insisted on making sure that this is a stable address, I said its not a problem its my cousin's permanent address and they can send the PR card there. That was it for this counter, I was greeted with Welcome to Canada and then i went to take my luggage. After getting my luggage I went to the customs counter and had a discussion with her that I am coming to Canada for 2 weeks and will be back again after a few months to settle and the office agreed that I can present the B4 forms when I come back again to settle. There after, i exited the airport as a PR of canada and happily went to my cousin's. Now its the weekend and I will go to service canada office tomorrow on Monday to apply for SIN card and then to open a bank account. Not sure If I should apply for a credit card and health card at this point as I am not coming back to Canada for at least two years (oil field recession), can anyone guide me here for this please?

By the way any questions are welcome, I have really gained alot from this forum and I believe its my time to contribute.

Chao.

Hi mastfadi

Congratulations..I also landed on May-1 in Toronto. I am planning stay 2 weeks and return to Canada after few months as like you. However i did not submit the B4 form. Can i submit the B4 form now? What is the process? Can you please advise me?
Thanks

mastfadi

May 24, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER : 13-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
19-June-2014
Med's Done....
15-July-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21-July-2014::PPR2:3-Aug-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
01-May-2015
Ramcanada,

I did not submit B4 forms as well as it was not required for me this time. This is only required for settlers and in CBSA custom regulations, the settler is a person who enters in Canada with the intention of staying at least 12 months straight shot. So when you come back to Canada to actually settle, you will claim your settler status and submit B4 forms accordingly.

ramcanada said:
mastfadi said:
Hey Guys,

Chao.

Hi mastfadi

Congratulations..I also landed on May-1 in Toronto. I am planning stay 2 weeks and return to Canada after few months as like you. However i did not submit the B4 form. Can i submit the B4 form now? What is the process? Can you please advise me?
Thanks