+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Dada, Great!! Spy who loved me was I believe somewhere in 84-85!! Ok you are classmate of Rahul Dravid!!

I have got DD done from SBI, I just want to share this to all who are planning for India, SBI would be one of the best Bet there DD price is one of the best on a given point of time, for example its 45.56 as of today

To add to this, if some one goes for a high value transaction more than 10lak rupees, then they would go online and I got 45.0925 price today and this cannot be compared any price as of today!!

So I suggest to get a DD from SBI could be a best option, This is my view, if this is not matching to anyones that please forgive me, if this helps to anyone its my small contribution to the CLUB which gave me a lot!!

Thanks,
Nadeem

Rene_8000

Apr 2, 2010
Davao City Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 24, 2010
AOR Received.
July 14, 2010 2nd aor and received by vo ecas status
IELTS Request
done in CIO application
File Transfer...
July 5, 2010
Med's Request
Sept. 20, 2010
Med's Done....
Sept. 24, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
November 24, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sept. 24, 2010 as stated on the PPR/ may 31, 2011
LANDED..........
June 19, 2011
rentersden said:
Another site you can checkout for property rentals in British Columbia and Ontario regions is Renter's Den @ rentersden.com

We offer neighborhood information and a verification system to help reduce scammers.

Good luck and welcome to Canada!
I will land in Manitoba do you have property rentals in Winnipeg Manitoba? We also need somebody who can assist us in applying for the sin, child tax etc. We dont have any relatives in Manitoba so any help from someone who is from Manitoba will be a great help for us

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rene_8000 said:
I will land in Manitoba do you have property rentals in Winnipeg Manitoba? We also need somebody who can assist us in applying for the sin, child tax etc. We dont have any relatives in Manitoba so any help from someone who is from Manitoba will be a great help for us
Property rentals - Check craiglist for rental listings;
SIN - Just go to any Service Canada Office and you would get your number immediately. The card will be mail to you.

Romford

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd Sep 09
Med's Request
5 Nov 09
Med's Done....
6 Nov 09
Passport Req..
April 10, again July 10
VISA ISSUED...
July 10
LANDED..........
Oct 4, 2010......
Hi Qorax,
We sent our original transcripts with full documents, got visa but no transcripts any idea or experience please
Regards,

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Qorax

My trip is almost confirmed and travel on October 8th with my family.

Please confirm, did I miss any points in checklist.

(1) Funds - Plan to convert them 2000 CAD CASH, 5000 CAD TC and 13,600 CAD - DD issued by Andhra bank ( have to check their tie up with Canadian bank) - Please comment

(2) Medical Insurance - I guess Travel insurance should be good for initial months until I will get my PR Card - Suggest some cos. Myself and spouse (age 40 /37) and 2 kids (10 & 7)

(3) Period of stay - my family returns back once the POE (Toronto - Though the place in my forms is Winnipeg) process gets over in next flight back home and me will stay and get the PR card and come back

(4) Place of stay - Though I have read many links on places to stay (in your posts) prefer Extended stay types for a week with family - studio TYPE and then move on to share accommodation. Your comments please. Also, close to Airport - Toronto with shuttle pickups (near or far doesn't matter if free shuttle and economical)

(5) POE - Toronto, but in my Landing papers it's Winnipeg MB - Hope this is fine

(6) Job portals - IT EXP with Testing background and my client is a popular credit card and Travel services provider - Please comment.

(7) Tickets - I have arranged through my relative in Emirates Air.

(8) I will not carry any luggage in this trip, so no need to fill relevant form - form number not sure?

(9) More important - Address to dispatch the card - Here I have big concern - I don't have any contacts in Toronto and also address to provide during landing @ POE. I have read in your posts that should be updated later, once we will be in Hotel. Kindly clarify. Also, if provided during POE process and can this be changed through Help Desk - Calling number. Please help me

(10) Finally my immigration agent also have landing services and they may able to help me for the above but I am yet to receive the Package details to sign up. (15K INR)

I guess I am not bothering you too much. Thanks in advance!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sujamana said:
Qorax

My trip is almost confirmed and travel on October 8th with my family.

Please confirm, did I miss any points in checklist.

(1) Funds - Plan to convert them 2000 CAD CASH, 5000 CAD TC and 13,600 CAD - DD issued by Andhra bank ( have to check their tie up with Canadian bank) - Please comment

(2) Medical Insurance - I guess Travel insurance should be good for initial months until I will get my PR Card - Suggest some cos. Myself and spouse (age 40 /37) and 2 kids (10 & 7)

(3) Period of stay - my family returns back once the POE (Toronto - Though the place in my forms is Winnipeg) process gets over in next flight back home and me will stay and get the PR card and come back

(4) Place of stay - Though I have read many links on places to stay (in your posts) prefer Extended stay types for a week with family - studio TYPE and then move on to share accommodation. Your comments please. Also, close to Airport - Toronto with shuttle pickups (near or far doesn't matter if free shuttle and economical)

(5) POE - Toronto, but in my Landing papers it's Winnipeg MB - Hope this is fine

(6) Job portals - IT EXP with Testing background and my client is a popular credit card and Travel services provider - Please comment.

(7) Tickets - I have arranged through my relative in Emirates Air.

(8) I will not carry any luggage in this trip, so no need to fill relevant form - form number not sure?

(9) More important - Address to dispatch the card - Here I have big concern - I don't have any contacts in Toronto and also address to provide during landing @ POE. I have read in your posts that should be updated later, once we will be in Hotel. Kindly clarify. Also, if provided during POE process and can this be changed through Help Desk - Calling number. Please help me

(10) Finally my immigration agent also have landing services and they may able to help me for the above but I am yet to receive the Package details to sign up. (15K INR)

I guess I am not bothering you too much. Thanks in advance!
1. Funds statement is perfectly alright. I wouldn't know which banks deal with the CADs in AP-India though.

2. Travel Insurance is a must. Plz read my thread exclusively on the subject.

3. As u r staying back there's no problem to your plan.

4. Except for the Airport Hotels & www.safehomestay.com, no one else provide that a/port pick-up/drop facility. For the hotels, Best Western-Mississauga, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn etc r few who do that. Other hotels & short stay accom maynprovide the same with extra charges.

5. Yes, u can land anywhere, if u r an FSW case.

6. Very unlikely that u'd get a job in your original field of skills in the beginning. But not impossible. Generally u'd work in the starter jobs for at least 8-12 months, which might include something in your field of work, but not to your current post.

7. No comments.

8. DANGER: If u don't file-in the B4 forms (GTF & GAL) u cannot bring anything inside Canada w/out paying duty, whenever - however later.

9. It's Ok if u do not have a Canadian address upon landing. Just that u'd have delay & extra processes performing that later. And your PR card apps is not processed "automatically" imdt on landing. But u can off course do it later by filling the PRC form & submitting it thru post/fax/courier to The CIC.

10. Yes, probably u r with WWICS, as I guess, & they have that facility. Mr. Manpreet holds the key. They wouldn't do wonders but at least your a/port pick-up, temp. Accom, the address & the PR cards issues gets solved. Besides their charges is the same as u'd pay to a Motel/Short-Stay accom.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Romford said:
Hi Qorax,
We sent our original transcripts with full documents, got visa but no transcripts any idea or experience please
Regards,
U can always write to the CIC for getting them back. This service is available as per regulations & it's free of charge.

Qorax

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Thanks and very nice of your response.

(1) Since I am in Chennai and AB is as close to my house. I checked with them then said it will be 2 days of process as you have mentioned, I have asked for local bank from where I will do the collection of the money. They will get back to me or Monday I will follow up.

(2) I am going through the list as per your previous posts. I will update you. - comes around INR 4K with ICICI LOM & HDFC for sum assured 250000 USD

(3) thanks for confirmation

(4) The Hotel - charges are economical and like help in settling formalities are plus. Can we provide this address at the time of POE formalities?

(5) I believe I am through still I am getting in to terms FSW.(Federal Skilled Workers)

(6) Try to explore while waiting for PRC if my hard work pays out - is matter of luck, otherwise have to fall back to my job in India

(7) Fine - Tickets

(8) Thanks for the warning - B4 forms I wont forget to fill in, guess will be provided at POE.

(9) Pl. refer # (4), to use the Hotel address at POE

(10) It's Y AXIS did the PR for me. Still not confirmed with them. I just got the info not elaborate ... like YOU. Probably after paying I may find the details.

Thanks Qorax

Regards
sujamana

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@ Sujamana

4. U can use their address - provided a)It's a Street Address & Not a PO Box one & b)By swapping their name to yours.

8. The B4 forms have to be prepared before landing. Plz read my thread on it.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

Qorax

najamkhan

Feb 18, 2010
Hi everyone
need some advice
My status says decision made! and the Decision is that they rejected my case due to my education degrees.
They couldnt find that they were accredited even though all the degrees are accredited by "CHEA".They gave me 60 days to submitt the proof and i did.
I have send them the letter directly from "CHEA" clearly saying that the Universities are Accredited. WHat do you guys think will they accept the proof and change there decision and howlong will they take to get back to me with a decision as its already been 2 months.

Thanks

Najam :-\

Sha_sha

Apr 11, 2010
LANDED IN TORONTO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

1. Account opened at Scotia bank before the departure helped a lot to avoid carrying much cash and you get debit and credit card soon as you visit the branch in Canada.
2. Jet Airways allowed excess baggage of 3-4 KGs thanks Jet. Service was really good, can't make you feel you are on 22 hrs long journey.
3. Things to Follow: if you have Jewels to follow, make sure the list is endorsed by a blacksmith with a seal and signature on it. Else, it's of no use on a plain paper with values on it.
4. SIN was so simple process.... filled up the simple information, updated the current stay of address.

Accommodation/Jobs
5. Thanks to Safehomestay to pick us up in time... "Elderley" ;-) couple are very helpful indeed.
6. Finding rooms, shared accommodation, jobs you must be very careful.... SCAMMERS are waiting for you to be their prey!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just experienced with both... Thank God realised it before it's getting worse.
7. You must have real courage to accept the fact that you will not get in to the one you are looking for very soon.... 'coz I was very frustrated not to get even a single call after working so hard on job search process.
8. Public transportation (TTC) is quite confusing initially, but better go through the web before you use it.
9. Soon as you are through with the SIN, visit settlement offices.

Connectivity:
10. Got WIND mobile connection today.... $90 unlimited calls (Ontario) 50 = Handset; 40 = First month top up.
12. Internet is available at safehomestay (WIFI), have good deals for laptops... so buying one in canada is a wiser decision.

More later..........

special thanks to qorax for his help by collating all the required information at one place. It's worth. No bets.

vaibhavvd

May 26, 2010
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
26-03-2010
AOR Received.
26-03-2010
IELTS Request
26-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013
LANDED..........
First Q 2014
Hi Shasha,

Nice writeup. and good to see that you had a good and safe landing.

how did u open bank account in scotia bank from outside of canada?