+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

lionheartleo2001

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
04-feb-2014 (photos)
Nomination.....
23-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
30-03-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2015
emamabd said:
1.) If you don't have an address when landing - inform the officer and later you could call cic at a later date and give them the address.

2.) You can't get your card in 2 weeks. The processing time is currently its at 25 calendar days. You will need to check that link again before landing as the processing time can vary. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp.

As you don't have relatives or friends to pick up your card, it looks like you will have to stay till your card arrives. Another alternative is that there are some guest houses who offer a "mailing service" for a fee, so you could opt for that if you want...its up to you if you want to take the risk or not.

cusoonCA

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Nomination.....
per: 21-12-2014
emamabd said:
1.) If you don't have an address when landing - inform the officer and later you could call cic at a later date and give them the address.

2.) You can't get your card in 2 weeks. The processing time is currently its at 25 calendar days. You will need to check that link again before landing as the processing time can vary. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp.

As you don't have relatives or friends to pick up your card, it looks like you will have to stay till your card arrives. Another alternative is that there are some guest houses who offer a "mailing service" for a fee, so you could opt for that if you want...its up to you if you want to take the risk or not.
So you can give the address of your friend in case you will stay in a hotel. When they deliver your PR, is any authorization needed?

mali2014

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
01-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
emamabd said:

Thank you.

Is there any way to give cic address now and then land after 25 days to fulfil landing requirements and get PR card from given address?
Or we can not give the address until we will land?

Please advise.

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Guys is it possible to give address of a province for the PR card while I plan to land in a different province. For example, can I give address of my friend who is in BC while i plan to land in Ontario. Or do I need to provide an Ontario address.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
mali2014 said:
Thank you.

Is there any way to give cic address now and then land after 25 days to fulfil landing requirements and get PR card from given address?
Or we can not give the address until we will land?

Please advise.
you will only be asked for the address when the officer starts filling your COPR (i.e. during landing).

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
cusoonCA said:
So you can give the address of your friend in case you will stay in a hotel. When they deliver your PR, is any authorization needed?
no "authorization"..the card will simply arrive in the mail and that's it.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
hope i could join this group soon ;) good luck guys

hameed.kam

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2013
Doc's Request.
Sep-2014
AOR Received.
21-Aug-2013
Med's Request
05-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
16-DEC-2014
Passport Req..
05-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
02-Mar-2015
cpd_faye said:
Dear Senior,

We have landed in Canada safely and smooth. Immigration officer was all good and did not ask us a lot of questions. I just want to know regarding our case with regards to our COPR. During our landing, the officer did not put any stamped on it. We did not know what are we going to do with it. Could you please help us.
Hi,
As per my experience IO don't stamp the COPR, they just sign on COPR and stamp on passport.
You are ok as long as its stamped on your passport.

hameed.kam

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2013
Doc's Request.
Sep-2014
AOR Received.
21-Aug-2013
Med's Request
05-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
16-DEC-2014
Passport Req..
05-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
02-Mar-2015
mali2014 said:
Dear All Senior members!

I would like to ask few question from senior members, those are already in Canada!

1: I don't have any friends or relatives in Canada, so what address I will need to give at airport? I will be staying at some hotels may be.

2: When and how we have to give the address for PR card? I mean to say that is there any possibility that we just go to Canada for one or two weeks and get our Cards? If it is possible then how and when we have to give Canada's address?

I have few more question but if Can you please advise on these questions for now, it will be highly appreciated.
you can book on below hotel/lodge and they will give you address and you can receive all your mails/posts on that address.
Toronto:
1) http://www.safehomestay.com/
They also provide a/port pick-up services. The place is used by many satisfactorily.

cpd_faye

Star Member
Oct 11, 2009
hameed.kam said:
Hi,
As per my experience IO don't stamp the COPR, they just sign on COPR and stamp on passport.
You are ok as long as its stamped on your passport.
Hello Sir,

Thank you, now im relief to hear that.

upoma

Jan 28, 2013
Hi all.. I have a question regarding PR card. my husband is a primary applicant. we are planning to land on next month. but the problem is that my husband will stay only 3 weeks. as far as I know it takes almost 30 days to get the pr card. if he leave canada before PR card arrived will it create any problem? pls advice.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upoma said:
Hi all.. I have a question regarding PR card. my husband is a primary applicant. we are planning to land on next month. but the problem is that my husband will stay only 3 weeks. as far as I know it takes almost 30 days to get the pr card. if he leave canada before PR card arrived will it create any problem? pls advice.
No problem. But he might need PR card to enter Canada on his return. Once you received it from the mail, you can courier it to him.

mastfadi

May 24, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER : 13-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
19-June-2014
Med's Done....
15-July-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21-July-2014::PPR2:3-Aug-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
01-May-2015
Hi All,

Me and my wife are planning our landing in the month of May and our stay in Calgary will be for 2 weeks approx. We have very close relatives there. I know that alot of new immigrants do not stay in Canada for more than 2 weeks and they get their PR cards posted to their relatives or friends in Canada who forward those PR cards to the immigrants internationally in their home country.

1) I just want to make sure if this is not illegal to post the PR cards out of Canada and does not have any legal issue involved as the rumors I have heard is also that Canadian authorities are recently keeping a strict eye on PR cards being posted out of Canada.
2)Current CIC timeline says that we can get our PR cards after 25 working days. Is this really an accurate estimate? As if it is I can still plan to leave the wifey behind, she will skip two more weeks of work back home but at least we will have the PR cards in hand, but if it very normal that it can take alot more than 25 working days as stated on CIC website then I dont think we can plan anything like that? kindly guide us in this regards.

Thank you

monika3142

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Hello seniors
me n my hubby planning to land by d end of dis month....we are carrying 15000 CAD as per cic requirements for family of two...do i hav to declare it...n wat do we actually mean by DECLARE it...n wats d best way to carry...draft or travellers cheque. ..n we are not carrying much jewellery. ..just a gold chain...n two pairs of earings...do we hav inform about each n every single piece of jewellery. ..the one which we r wearin aswell....n does the total amount needs to b 15000 CAD. ..i mean we plan to carry some loose money like 1000 dollars in cash n d rest as draft...so does it total has to b 15000...please help

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
monika3142 said:
Hello seniors
me n my hubby planning to land by d end of dis month....we are carrying 15000 CAD as per cic requirements for family of two...do i hav to declare it...n wat do we actually mean by DECLARE it...n wats d best way to carry...draft or travellers cheque. ..n we are not carrying much jewellery. ..just a gold chain...n two pairs of earings...do we hav inform about each n every single piece of jewellery. ..the one which we r wearin aswell....n does the total amount needs to b 15000 CAD. ..i mean we plan to carry some loose money like 1000 dollars in cash n d rest as draft...so does it total has to b 15000...please help
If you are going to carry more than 10k CAD as cash you have to declare it. This is the customs requirement (nothing to do with your immigration or Proof of fund), you would have to declare it even if you are a citizen of Canada.

I would say keep only 4000 or less as cash with you so that it's safer and the rest you can carry as cheque or try opening an account in a Canadian Bank and wire transfer it. At the point of entry you can just show the wire transfer acknowledgement. Since you are travelling by end of month, I would say a travellers cheque would be the best bet.
I heard that for travellers cheque they might take some time to encash it, so carry atleast 4k as cash so that you can pay down payment for rental and other needs.