+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

pooja1234

Jul 23, 2010
Qorax
Thanks for your reply. The IO did not accept my friend's address in Canada because I was returning back to US the next day.It is been eight months since I first landed. So, I believe I need to submit PR card application forms when I land again. If for some reason, before my PR card is issued I have to leave canada, can I reenter again on COPR?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pooja1234 said:
Qorax
Thanks for your reply. The IO did not accept my friend's address in Canada because I was returning back to US the next day.It is been eight months since I first landed. So, I believe I need to submit PR card application forms when I land again. If for some reason, before my PR card is issued I have to leave canada, can I reenter again on COPR?
Yes, u can. The COPR suffices for "by road" entries.

pooja1234

Jul 23, 2010
What questions can they ask at the border when I reenter on COPR. If they ask me for how long will I stay in Canada can I say I will stay on for a few days or weeks, make some pre arrangements and leave before coming back to moving permanantly.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
As this will be a repeat entry there wouldn't be any ques asked. As a PR it's your right to enter, unles u violate the residency rules.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi Qorax
Can you apply for SIN card and health card at the same Service Canada center? Or they are to applied at different organizations?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
wpc71 said:
Hi Qorax
Can you apply for SIN card and health card at the same Service Canada center? Or they are to applied at different organizations?

Thanks
Different offices & different timeframes.
-SIN Card office: Service Canada (Federal Document, remains same for everyone)
-Health Card office: Service Ontario (Provincial Document, only for OHIP)

Qorax

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Different offices & different timeframes.
-SIN Card office: Service Canada (Federal Document, remains same for everyone)
-Health Card office: Service Ontario (Provincial Document, only for OHIP)
Thanks, Just another question regarding health care and landing. My friend will be landing in Calgary, staying at a hotel for a couple of days and then go to Edmonton to stay for a few weeks and leave Canada to return later.

1. Can she land in Calgary and give an address in Edmonton for the PR card to be mailed to?
2. Alberta health care insurance requires intention to stay in Alberta for more than 1/2 year. Does that mean that she will not be able to get insurance in Alberta for the landing period?
3. If she does not apply for the health insurance this time, will she be able to do that next time she arrives?

Thanks for the assistance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Yes, she can land in Calgary and give an Edmonton address

2. They want you to have the intention of living in AB half the year so if she's planning on coming back in time to live there half the year, she can apply.

3. If she does not apply for health insurance this time, she can get it next time.

Aug 6, 2010
Hi Qorax,

Please help me with the following questions:
Is it necessary to bring passport photos when first landing? Will the take my photo to issue PR card?

Thank you so much,

atul.amin

Aug 18, 2010
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct-2013 (Passport with Visa stamp received)
LANDED..........
shall be landing on 30th June 2014
Thanks for sharing a great info Qurax... Bravo man..!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vancouverdream said:
Hi Qorax,

Please help me with the following questions:
Is it necessary to bring passport photos when first landing? Will the take my photo to issue PR card?

Thank you so much,
It is not necessary. Usually they don't require pics, but even if they do, they'd always click u@the BSO's desk. However, as a practice it's always wise to carry some pp sized pics of all family members whenever traveling. It comes handy under many situations.

Qorax

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
2. They want you to have the intention of living in AB half the year so if she's planning on coming back in time to live there half the year, she can apply.
Thanks a million Leon, she does have a plan to come back, but it is bound to some other things. What if she applies and gets the health insurance and then fails to come back it time for the intended 6 month? Will she have violated the law?

Thanks...

afin

Dec 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-1-2010
Doc's Request.
23-2-2010
AOR Received.
25-4-2010
IELTS Request
with full documents
File Transfer...
3-3-2010
Med's Request
waiting " In Process" from 31/5/11
qorax,

The information provided by you is very heloful to the new immigrants ,many many thanks

ramanaths

Jul 21, 2010
Thank you for the wonderful post Qorax.

I have a query which I hope you can help me with. I have got my visa stamping and am arriving in Calgary on the 20th of Sept with my wife and daughter. In my application I have shown proof of funds of CAD14000. Should I carry a total of this amount? My wife has got a job so I was hoping I can bring around CAD6000 and also show my wife's employment offer to prove we shall be self sufficient financially.

Thank you.