+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rcbolio

Nov 17, 2013
Hello,

I hope someone here can help me. I got my PR approved and just received my COPR and visa a few weeks ago. I already live in Canada, but I will be going back home for a short visit in a couple of weeks and I will do my landing when I return. Since I already live here, do I need a list of accompanying goods? all I will have with me is a suitcase with clothes and personal effects from my trip, but there will be nothing following.

If I do need it, should I pre-fill it or fill it out at the border?

Thanks

shaheryar_khan

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Jeddah- KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 14
Doc's Request.
PCC request 8 March 2017
AOR Received.
12 MARCH'15
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Updated Doc Request: 18 Feb-2017
very detailed information. thanks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
rcbolio said:
Hello,

I hope someone here can help me. I got my PR approved and just received my COPR and visa a few weeks ago. I already live in Canada, but I will be going back home for a short visit in a couple of weeks and I will do my landing when I return. Since I already live here, do I need a list of accompanying goods? all I will have with me is a suitcase with clothes and personal effects from my trip, but there will be nothing following.

If I do need it, should I pre-fill it or fill it out at the border?

Thanks
The intent of that list - is to exempt newcomers from paying taxes on their personal belongings that they will be bringing to Canada when moving permanently (i.e. furniture, jewelry, electronics,..or even a car..etc).

Since you are not bringing anything - then you don't need it. That's my point of view, let's see if anyone else has a different opinion ;).

If you will be bringing something - then it makes sense to fill it before hand...filling it at the border will only waste your time and others (those who will be waiting behind you in the queu)

qasim786

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Karachi
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/07/2014
Nomination.....
04/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
15/4/2015
Med's Done....
28/4/2015
Interview........
Waived (Third line updated on 15th May 2015)
Passport Req..
04th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
......In Sha Allah all on 23/10/2015

zainab.p

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
after recieving PR....n completing all the necessary obligations landing there........can i resume back to my job in other country.....if possible till how many yrs can i reside in other country without affectng PR status in canada????

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
zainab.p said:
after recieving PR....n completing all the necessary obligations landing there........can i resume back to my job in other country.....if possible till how many yrs can i reside in other country without affectng PR status in canada????
Once you become a PR you'll need to stay in canada at least 2 years in every 5 year window to maintain your status. i.e. you have a maximum stay abroad of 2 years and 11 months and 29 days ...the 30th day you should be on the plane heading to canada ;).

ibrahim0175

Jun 26, 2014
Guys,

i will land in toronto international airport at 9.15pm,but my final destination in canada is calgary alberta,and my flight for calgary will be at 10.55pm,so my question is after completing all the immigration procedure will i be able to make it within this time frame,is there any change that i can miss my flight which will depart for calgary from toronto at around 10.55pm,please help

vinisha09

Oct 26, 2014
ibrahim0175 said:
Guys,

i will land in toronto international airport at 9.15pm,but my final destination in canada is calgary alberta,and my flight for calgary will be at 10.55pm,so my question is after completing all the immigration procedure will i be able to make it within this time frame,is there any change that i can miss my flight which will depart for calgary from toronto at around 10.55pm,please help
keep all your immigration papers ready
all forms filled beforehand
usually immigration formalities takes about 45 minutes.
you will make it.
best wishes

zainab.p

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
emamabd said:
Once you become a PR you'll need to stay in canada at least 2 years in every 5 year window to maintain your status. i.e. you have a maximum stay abroad of 2 years and 11 months and 29 days ...the 30th day you should be on the plane heading to canada ;).
Thx for the detailed time descrptn!... :)

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
I have a query regarding "Landing" interview. Most of the time, applicants are asked these questions.

1. Have you ever been convicted of a crime in Canada?
2. Have you ever been denied entry into Canada?
3. Have you ever been deported from Canada?

My question is ... if one was refused visa by CIC embassy (some time back), Should one say "Yes" or "No" during landing interview?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XpressEnterprise said:
My question is ... if one was refused visa by CIC embassy (some time back), Should one say "Yes" or "No" during landing interview?
I'm not sure, but I think the answer is "no".

Umer_Ali

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
ibrahim0175 said:
Guys,

its touch and go because transatlantic flights can be delayed 10-15 min and then you have to pick all your bags and then put them at air canada or west jet belt yourself after giving the form of luggage details to custom officer

i am not sure if they still charge for trolley at Pearson but they used to 2 years back so make sure you have coins or can take 5 min to get the change

if you are taking air canada from london then make sure get both boarding pass of this flight as well, but worse case scenario is you miss that flight and mostly probably that will be last flight of the day and have to wait until morning

Dont worry you miss flight you will get the next or next to that as its holiday season so flights are full and apart from that one advice from me is dont loose temper if all your bags are not on belt when you land in calgary....just let air canada know and you will get them home

JeetVISA

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
8-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2014
shalini_G said:
Hi All,

We will be doing our immigration landing at Toronto next month, but don't intend to stay for more than a week as both myself and my hubby can't leave our current jobs yet.
We will provide address of our family friends in Toronto to receive the PR Card, who will then post us those card back in Australia.

Now, for our itinerary, we have booked a return air ticket. I was looking up in the forum for experiences/advice from fellow members, whether this intention of Brief Stay can cause any problem during POE questioning by Immigration Officer.

I have read at few places, one of the questions that IO may ask is 'How Long You Intend to Stay'. In response to such a question, what should be our answer.
Should we tell them that we intend to stay only for a week? Will this lead to refusal of Entry?

regards,
Shalini.
It is generally advisable to stay in Canada till you get your PR card. Leaving Canada without PR card can cause problem while re-entering..

seema.vashista

May 13, 2011
Trolley at Pearson aor port are free now

Umer_Ali said:
its touch and go because transatlantic flights can be delayed 10-15 min and then you have to pick all your bags and then put them at air canada or west jet belt yourself after giving the form of luggage details to custom officer

i am not sure if they still charge for trolley at Pearson but they used to 2 years back so make sure you have coins or can take 5 min to get the change

if you are taking air canada from london then make sure get both boarding pass of this flight as well, but worse case scenario is you miss that flight and mostly probably that will be last flight of the day and have to wait until morning

Dont worry you miss flight you will get the next or next to that as its holiday season so flights are full and apart from that one advice from me is dont loose temper if all your bags are not on belt when you land in calgary....just let air canada know and you will get them home