+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Aug 6, 2010
Hi Guys,

Please help us. We are going to land in Vancouver next week. We are planning to stay there for 1 week and be back Sydney, Australia.

In regarding to proof of fund of landing, is it admissible if we have money in Australian bank account for example ANZ? Is it a sufficient evidence for landing.

Please help us with above questions.

Thank you,

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Friends,

I need to travel to UK to meet my fiancee.....but i didnt receive my PR canada yet its been three months now i m in CANADA.....when i called them to check my PR card status they told me i need to resubmitt the photo since it was not captured with the one i had submitted during the final application......i had submitted them the same three weeks back and still i didnt receive my PR...and i need to travel to UK coming week.....can i travel without pr card and re enter again to canada if yes what the procedure and how can i do it.....pls revert
thanks
abhi

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vancouverdream said:
Hi Guys,

Please help us. We are going to land in Vancouver next week. We are planning to stay there for 1 week and be back Sydney, Australia.

In regarding to proof of fund of landing, is it admissible if we have money in Australian bank account for example ANZ? Is it a sufficient evidence for landing.

Please help us with above questions.

Thank you,
In my opinion, No, they might not accept your Bank Statement for the Landing Funds.
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
abhi292000 said:
Halo Friends,

I need to travel to UK to meet my fiancee.....but i didnt receive my PR canada yet its been three months now i m in CANADA.....when i called them to check my PR card status they told me i need to resubmitt the photo since it was not captured with the one i had submitted during the final application......i had submitted them the same three weeks back and still i didnt receive my PR...and i need to travel to UK coming week.....can i travel without pr card and re enter again to canada if yes what the procedure and how can i do it.....pls revert
thanks
abhi
How to Enter without a PR Card?

It's mentioned in the original post in this thread...
"As per IATA & CBSA regulations, we cannot enter Canada w/out a PRC. However, if we are entering thru a Border Post by road, it doesn't matter -our COPR is enough for entry/exit. But, if we are travelling by an airline & boarding/entering thru an a/port we will Not be Permitted. At the embarkation port itself we will be Stopped by the airline staff.

The process in such cases is to apply for a 'PRTD-A31 (3)' [Temporary 'PR Travel Document'] at the local CHC [abroad]. It costs Ca$50. Details of it is provided at the 'Manual for Permanent Resident Card' (ENF 27)".

Qorax

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
Dear Qorax,
We have landed on 26th May at Vancouver. I and my daughter got PR cards but my wife havent received her PR card yet. Should she raise the query now? Where and to whom to contact for this? plz suggest.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mooving2canada said:
Dear Qorax,
We have landed on 26th May at Vancouver. I and my daughter got PR cards but my wife havent received her PR card yet. Should she raise the query now? Where and to whom to contact for this? plz suggest.
Yes, u must check it out now. As a 1st step visit the Service Canada office (the same one where u went for SIN), they can check it for u on the spot. Alternatively, log on to CIC website & take it on from there, or call their Call Center.

The Call Center for PR Cards: 1-888-242‑2100
The Call Centre can answer questions, in English and French, about Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) services and programs, or applications in process inside Canada.

Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to prerecorded information about CIC programs, order application kits, and check the status of your application.

Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.

You must choose one of the first five recorded options before you can speak to an agent.

Note that agents cannot - answer questions about application status once it is sent to a Canadian visa office outside Canada, make decisions on applications, or help process applications more quickly.

Qorax

pooja1234

Jul 23, 2010
I am a landed PR but do not have a PR card. Can I enter canada from US by road on COPR and submit my PR card application. Is there a limit on the number of times I can enter canada on COPR?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pooja1234 said:
I am a landed PR but do not have a PR card. Can I enter canada from US by road on COPR and submit my PR card application. Is there a limit on the number of times I can enter canada on COPR?
A. U can always enter Canada by road w/out a PRC. The COPR suffices.
B. U don't need to apply for the PRC again, as it was done* by the BSO during your 1st landing.
C. IMHO, there's no such limits.

Qorax
*unless it was denied for some reasons viz. someone else's address or u got any other notification.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
qorax said:
A. U can always enter Canada by road w/out a PRC. The COPR suffices.
B. U don't need to apply for the PRC again, as it was done* by the BSO during your 1st landing.
C. IMHO, there's no such limits.

Qorax
unless it was denied for some reasons viz. someone else's address or u got any other notification.
And what about Air Travel? if a person have gone back to India without reciving PR card , can he enter back by AIR WITH copr?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Doglover said:
And what about Air Travel? if a person have gone back to India without reciving PR card , can he enter back by AIR WITH copr?
No.
Public Carriers have a duty to permit boarding only with a PRC or a PRTD.

Qorax

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
qorax said:
No.
Public Carriers have a duty to permit boarding only with a PRC or a PRTD.

Qorax
so it means have to apply for Visitor visa, isn'nt it

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Doglover this link will be useful (Qorax, I trust it is OK to jump in).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

You need to apply for Permnent Resident Travel document from the Canadian consulate in your area in the absence of a PR card.
This is different from a visitor visa.
I understand it is an easy process but has a defined time limit for its use ( 60 days?)

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Thanks Qorax & Honululu