+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vancouverdream said:
Dear Qorax,

Thank you so much for your response about PR card. Please help me with another question. Is it possible for me to register a PO BOX or it needs to be a residential address?

Thank you
Only a street address is acceptable.
Qorax

Aug 6, 2010
Hi Qorax,

Please help me with the following questions:

If my PR card does not arrive the address provided, can my collector contact them to check about the status?

If PR card lost on the way delivered to me, how can get in again? because I cannot reuse the visa that I use for the first landing.

What does the "physically stay" mean? Does it mean that I need to land to apply for PR card and I do not need to wait to collect by myself?

Thank you so much.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Is there some specifications about luggage/suitcase (size) for travelling to Canada and how much weight can be allowed in hand-bag. Is laptob included or can be additional?

Thanks.

tmo

May 25, 2010
arjo1977 said:
pls share, if anyone receive PRC this week.

I landed on 25th June and waiting.

ARJO
Hi, I landed on 27th June and still waiting too... I believe it may be delivered within the coming 2 weeks.

ghobrial

Sep 30, 2009
Can any one please tell about
how many bags allowed?
what is the weight allowed?
what about the hand bag?
thanks
hasnaa

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancouverdream said:
Hi Qorax,

Please help me with the following questions:

If my PR card does not arrive the address provided, can my collector contact them to check about the status?

I think if your collector is your representative, he can contact them to check about the status

If PR card lost on the way delivered to me, how can get in again? because I cannot reuse the visa that I use for the first landing.

Yes, but you need apply travelling document from Consulate to enter Canada. Afterwards, you submit the application and pick up the new card in person upon receiving the letter from CIC.

What does the "physically stay" mean? Does it mean that I need to land to apply for PR card and I do not need to wait to collect by myself?

I think you are confusing about the PR card application and the PR obligation. To keep your PR, you need to live in Canada at least two years within a five years period..

Thank you so much.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghobrial said:
how many bags allowed?
what about the hand bag?
thanks
hasnaa
I heard two 23kg bags and two hand bags are allowed. Check with airlines to make sure.

reylyn_h

Aug 8, 2010
hi qorax,

thanks for a very detailed post on all about landing, very very informative.

few questions if you won't mind. we'll be landing in Toronto by end of this year but can only stay for 4 days which means we can't wait for PR card, as you have answered before - we can have the PR card sent to our friends address and then they can mail the cards to us.

question:
1. during the landing - will the IO ask how long we're planning to stay in Canada or are they just assuming that we're staying for good
2. when asked which address we'll be staying - is it safe to say we're staying at our friends house at this address for few weeks/months till we found a place

thanks thanks and good luck on your plans

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can even leave the same/next day...

1. No one asks... it is assumed that you are coming for good... never even gesture.
2. Just provide a pre-printed address where you are staying (friend). Never mention anything else.

Good Luck,
MJM

reylyn_h said:
hi qorax,

thanks for a very detailed post on all about landing, very very informative.

few questions if you won't mind. we'll be landing in Toronto by end of this year but can only stay for 4 days which means we can't wait for PR card, as you have answered before - we can have the PR card sent to our friends address and then they can mail the cards to us.

question:
1. during the landing - will the IO ask how long we're planning to stay in Canada or are they just assuming that we're staying for good
2. when asked which address we'll be staying - is it safe to say we're staying at our friends house at this address for few weeks/months till we found a place

thanks thanks and good luck on your plans

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ghobrial said:
how many bags allowed?
what about the hand bag?
thanks
hasnaa
charninder said:
Hi,

Is there some specifications about luggage/suitcase (size) for travelling to Canada and how much weight can be allowed in hand-bag. Is laptob included or can be additional?

Thanks.
Baggage Allowances
Most carriers r observing the following rules nowadays w.r.t. our checked-in baggages:

India Sector:
Checked-In bags> 2 x 23kgs per pax
Cabin Baggage> 1 x 7kgs per pax + 1 x Laptop/vanity bag

Other Sectors viz. Middle East, EU, US etc.:
Checked-In bags> 1 x 23kgs per pax
Cabin Baggage> 1 x 7kgs per pax + 1 x Laptop/vanity bag

Ref:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/baggag/public/en_gb?link=main_nav

Qorax

Arkhan

Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax sb,
i need your some help regarding mobil connection. in toronto which mobile connection n plan u wud suggest is cheap for unlimited mesaging, international calling (using cards) and free incoming. one of my relative recently for mobilecity but he is not happy with services.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Arkhan said:
Dear Qorax sb,
i need your some help regarding mobil connection. in toronto which mobile connection n plan u wud suggest is cheap for unlimited mesaging, international calling (using cards) and free incoming. one of my relative recently for mobilecity but he is not happy with services.
I'm with WIND & I'm happy with all the above for $45/month, everything unlimited.
Qorax

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Do mobile phones (GSM) purchased in India work in Canada after landing?

Can anybody clarify on this matter.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
charninder said:
Hi,

Do mobile phones (GSM) purchased in India work in Canada after landing?

Can anybody clarify on this matter.
Yes, they do.
It's not the phone that's your worry... It's the Plans that'd kill u.
>Rogers -the Robbers!
>Bell -the Death Knell!
>Telus -the Steal Us!
R the top 3 players who r out to get u; the handsets r pretty cheap though.