+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

sanjn

Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19 Jan 2009
Med's Request
26 Nov 2009
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2010
Interview........
07 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
Dated 11 May 2010 but rcvd on 04 Jun 2010. PP sent on 07/06/10
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010; Received on 29th Jun 2010
LANDED..........
17 Aug 2010 - Toronto
Pasi said:
Hi Qorax, I am new to this posting. I have got visa and I have booked tickets to land in Toronto on Aug 13 (Friday night). Please let me know what I need to know before landing. I have planned to stay in my relative's place for that weekend and visit the SIN office on monday morning. I would be returning to US on Monday night.

Also let me know if I need to do anything other than SIN while I am in Canada. My position is that I am going to be in Canada only to complete the landing procedure. I would come back to US and continue my work here and planning to move to Canada in the beginning of next year. Please advice.
You need to apply for your PR card as soon as you land (preferable at the airport itself).

Cheers
Sanjn

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjn said:
You need to apply for your PR card as soon as you land (preferable at the airport itself).

Cheers
Sanjn
Sanjn, I think the author has already applied the PR but has yet to provide the mailing address to CIC at the airport for mailing the PR card.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maverick_stallion said:
Well i cross check my consultants work at each and every step i just want to be doubly sure...i have my stamped pp and copr with me...pl guide...
Once u have the PRV & the COPR@your hand, that suffices. And u r good to go. There's no way to authenticate it thru the CIC website. The only thing that can do is write to your CHC, but it would be Frivolous / wouldn't be wise.

Qorax

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
sanjn said:

Cheers
Sanjn
Yes, I would be applying for the PR card at the airport. And I planned to apply for SIN the next day. I want to know if there is anything else that I need to do ? Anything else that I am missing as part of landing procedure.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
steaky said:
Sanjn, I think the author has already applied the PR but has yet to provide the mailing address to CIC at the airport for mailing the PR card.
Yes, I have the PR visa now. I would be landing on Aug 13. I read your note that I can do the SIN later. Since I have time in Toronto, I am thinking of completing that also. I would be staying in my relative's place and they would help me in this.

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
qorax said:
Once u have the PRV & the COPR @ your hand, that suffices. And u r good to go. There's no way to authenticate it thru the CIC website. The only thing that can do is write to your CHC, but it would be Frivolous / wouldn't be wise.

Qorax
Dear Qorax,

Thanx a ton for your advice...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Immunization Form
http://www.chinacanada.ca/web/down/immunization.pdf

Hi all,

If anyone hasn't got the above form from the CHC while receiving their PRVs+COPR, and have kid/s under 16, plz click the link to download that form.

U'd need this form to be filled, signed & stamped by your doctor, from your homeland, before departure for landing. It's required for the kid's School Admission in Canada.

That's a strictly enforced regulation.

Qorax

Appan

Jun 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grace of God
Dear Qorax Sir,

Thanks for the Immz. form.. .

Regards

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Qorax,

Thanks for the immunization form.

Regards

Arkhan

Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dEAR QORAX, i need your advice on this matter.
I've sent my full docs to CHC-London on 29th April but till now did not hear anything from them (no change in e-case n no 2nd AOR) i dont see any significant progress of other applicants in immigration as well n i m thinking to apply for canadian student visa.. can i apply for student visa or do you adivce to wait for immigration?

qorax said:
Once u have the PRV & the COPR @ your hand, that suffices. And u r good to go. There's no way to authenticate it thru the CIC website. The only thing that can do is write to your CHC, but it would be Frivolous / wouldn't be wise.

Qorax

somcoorg

Apr 21, 2010
Dear Qorax

As I am all set to set land in toronto on 1st September, today I was getting my photogragh taken for the PR Card.

I have taken the photogragh as per the specification given the appendix of CIC site. but one of the spec was that the date of the photograh taken need to be printed directly behind the photograph.

When I was checking with photo studio, they said there is no option to print the date behind photo, infact they are written the date from the ball point pen and affixed the studio seal. Is this photogragh be valid. Is there any other option of printing the date behind the photogragh.

Request your advice and suggestion on this.

Thanks in advance.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
somcoorg said:
Dear Qorax

As I am all set to set land in toronto on 1st September, today I was getting my photogragh taken for the PR Card.

I have taken the photogragh as per the specification given the appendix of CIC site. but one of the spec was that the date of the photograh taken need to be printed directly behind the photograph.

When I was checking with photo studio, they said there is no option to print the date behind photo, infact they are written the date from the ball point pen and affixed the studio seal. Is this photogragh be valid. Is there any other option of printing the date behind the photogragh.

Request your advice and suggestion on this.

Thanks in advance.
A. Writing by pen with a seal of the studio is fine.
B. U generally will not need the pics@the POE at all. The BSO would click, if s/he wants.

Qorax

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Actually I am interested to know which photo is used for the PR card eventually.
When I got my Visa stamped, they used one photo in my COPR and returned all others.
So I am just keeping the returned photos ready to hand over to the IO when I land.
Will s/he take them at the airport and use them for my PR card application?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Honolulu said:
Actually I am interested to know which photo is used for the PR card eventually.
When I got my Visa stamped, they used one photo in my COPR and returned all others.
So I am just keeping the returned photos ready to hand over to the IO when I land.
Will s/he take them at the airport and use them for my PR card application?
For the PR card they use the online pic, which is available in their system as part of the COPR log (the one u send with your Pps; & has been scanned by them).

99% if u have recd your visa & COPR, u r fine with your pic. The 1% who get to click it thru the BSO@POE r usually having a facial change than the one on their system, as perceived by the BSO.

Qorax