+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hello Seniors,

we have less than 2 weeks to do our Landing...still on form B4 E... Do we really need to create excell sheet for all that will be on that form . e.g

If my NO 1 on the list is "Clothings and Personal Effect" Please Seniors do i really need to create a sheet to list all the cloths...or should i just evaluate and put a value (CAD) to it straight on the B4 E form?

I need help.

do we have a maximum amount in CAD or in GRAM for Jewelries?

yoga2306

Jun 7, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Nomination.....
15-12-2014
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
Hi Seniors

I have sent my application to CIC and hope it will be a success.
Me as applicant and wife & 2 kids as dependents

Would appreciate if someone can reply for the below queries

I am not planning move permanent immediately.
Is it possible for me alone to go there for the first entry?

What will be the procedure when I move there permanently with the family?

How soon we should move permanently after the first entry?

GHMatLast

Jan 27, 2014
A quick question ;
a) I am planning to land first on this weekend, and my family is expected to land in December, Please let me know if this is acceptable
b) Proof of funds, I will be carrying about 5000 USD with me and I have some additional 6000 dollars in my account in Canadian bank part of my previous stay. I have taken the statement of the bank please let me know if this is also acceptable

Any other things I need to take care of ....

can2132

Star Member
May 23, 2014
hi seniors
Congrats for People for getting MR
I have few questions.....
1. how long will it take to get MR after once get PER? MY VISA office is NDVO
2. What they ask to out employer when they come to visit our work location?
3. As my job requires frequent travelling so during time if i won't be there at My industry
will it be create any problem?
your Reply will be highly appreciated

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
arun786 said:
Thanks Mates

However the concept of carrying Grocery is to concentrate initially on Job rather looking for grocery.

need one more advise whether need to carry internaltional attested documents i.e. all Credential
since you'll be bringing food items, then expect to spend a long time with customs.

ann75

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/01/2014
Doc's Request.
With application
Nomination.....
PER March 04 2014
AOR Received.
AOR May 06 2014
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
Process Started on June 12 2014
Med's Request
Aug 25 2014
Med's Done....
September 02 2014
Interview........
RPRF asked on june 13
Passport Req..
October 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 17 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
I have one question, I have never been in Canada and I am planning to land on december in Calgary, what type of shoes should I wear to be warm but not too exagerate because I will have to carry a lot of bags?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ann75 said:
I have one question, I have never been in Canada and I am planning to land on december in Calgary, what type of shoes should I wear to be warm but not too exagerate because I will have to carry a lot of bags?
better to buy winter stuff here...

Jan 9, 2014
dod1978 said:
Very nicely documented. Thanks for the post. It helped me so much.
Thanks very much for sharing. It is very useful to us.

May I ask if there is a need to open a bank account in Canada even before you first land in Canada in order to show the IO that you have the sufficient amount of money that is equivalent (either equal to or greater than the amount mentioned for the number of family members as Proof of Funds)?

Since, we may run into issues if we are to leave our home country and Canada if we bringing out and bringing in more than 10,000 CAD.

Also, if we are going to first land into Canada and then later on, go back to our home country and then come back to Canada to finally settle there, do we need to already fill up and submit the B4 form (goods to follow) during our first landing?

Would you also know if there is sort of a time limit of when you will be taxed for your personal effects? Coz we are planning to only first land into Canada and go back and later come back to Canada to finally settle? Maybe in 1 year's time or less than that, we will come back to Canada to finally settle, so we are thinking of shipping our personal stuff only when we are finally settling in Canada which is most probably in 1 year's time?

Greatly appreciate all your help. Thanks again.

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014
Hi Friends,

I landed in April 2014 and next week my family(spouse and two kids) will be landing.
So I need to know what forms do my family have to carry with them now, as I have already submitted my Goods to accompany and Goods to follow form when I landed in April.
Do they need to carry once again Goods to accompany form apart from COPR and PR Visa?
If there is anything else they have to carry please let me know friends.
Thanks for your help.

Sam439

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Seniors, please, let us help to answer all these queries on time. So many questions lined up and nobody is responding to them on time! Please, we will appreciate urgent response. Thanks.

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014
sam439 said:
Hi Friends,

I landed in April 2014 and next week my family(spouse and two kids) will be landing.
So I need to know what forms do my family have to carry with them now, as I have already submitted my Goods to accompany and Goods to follow form when I landed in April.
Do they need to carry once again Goods to accompany form apart from COPR and PR Visa?
If there is anything else they have to carry please let me know friends.
Thanks for your help.

Sam439

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most of questions have already been answered by Qorax. Please scroll up the topic to older posts.

bensonams said:
Seniors, please, let us help to answer all these queries on time. So many questions lined up and nobody is responding to them on time! Please, we will appreciate urgent response. Thanks.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
I am scheduled to land in Montreal in the next couple of weeks. I will be in Canada for just about a week, and will plan to move permanently only at a later date. Considering this, can anyone please help with my questions below:
>Since its just a week-long trip, what should I show as POF? Would cash and the latest bank statement suffice? Is anything else needed?
>Do I need to fill in any specific PR card application form? Or will they only ask for the Canada address to post the cards, and no forms need to be filled?
>Do I still need a goods-to-follow list (b4e/b4a), even though I will settle permanently only later?
>I would need the list-of-items accompanying list right? Can this be in a xls document?
>Are passport size photos required? Will they ask for new photos for the PR card?

Somebody mentioned that Qorax's post (although very helpful) are old, so I thought of asking these questions based on latest landing experiences yet again. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

shalini_G

Aug 19, 2012
Hi All,

We will be doing our immigration landing at Toronto next month, but don't intend to stay for more than a week as both myself and my hubby can't leave our current jobs yet.
We will provide address of our family friends in Toronto to receive the PR Card, who will then post us those card back in Australia.

Now, for our itinerary, we have booked a return air ticket. I was looking up in the forum for experiences/advice from fellow members, whether this intention of Brief Stay can cause any problem during POE questioning by Immigration Officer.

I have read at few places, one of the questions that IO may ask is 'How Long You Intend to Stay'. In response to such a question, what should be our answer.
Should we tell them that we intend to stay only for a week? Will this lead to refusal of Entry?

regards,
Shalini.

jppbaku

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Passport Req..
03-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
HI
here is my landing experience.September 12 I landed with my wife and daughter.My wife is allready a permanent resident and I was bit confused which que she shouldjoin as there is two different lines for residents and visitors/immigrants/connection flights.At the que leading to immigration I asked the lady diverting people which line should my wife join but she was too busy so i decided to go to 2nd que with wife and kid.At the immigration counter i told officer my wife is allready PR and me and my kid are new immigrants.Officer only asked how much money i spent during our stay outside canda for purchasing goods(and brought to canada) and i replied less than 500$.Officer didnt asked anything about the fund and I believe thats because my wife is allready resident.he marked b4 cards with pink marker and told to move to another room for new immigrants.we entered the room there was around 15 people.The lady at the entrance suggested my wife and kid can have seat and i should stay in the que.I wait allmost 1 hour and recahed the officer.submited passports and copr.Officer told me to write the address to which PR card should be mailed.Handed over one copy of copr to me. it took only just 15 minutes at the counter and way out.