+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aybee said:
Ok Dear...

so i will have the following things

1) Passport with stamped Visa. -off course
2) COPR (IMM 5292B)
3) POF-will get the bank statement form the Scotia Bank that i have opened an account
4) Passport size photos. - 5
5) Goods to Follow List (Form B4)
6) Goods Accompanying List.
7) I have taken a Certificate form the state transport authority that my License is more that 24 months old (Letter of Authentication) !

9) SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120)- will need later

One Important thing i want to confirm is that is the "Letter of Authentication" for my license enough or do i need the International Driving Permit also along with the letter so that i can apply for the G2 directly?
A. Those 7 r perfectly fine. (Note that Scotiabank is Good).
B. Only the Letter of Authentication is needed for the D/License.
C. U'll need the IDL for getting & driving a rent-a-car, if u desire one.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mkhabibi said:
Hello everybody,

I have a question about the address where our PR cards will be forwarded. I have federal skill worker landing papers. Can I do my landing at Toronto and then provide them with a address in Montreal (Quebec)?

Thank you for your respons!
Yes, u can, unless u r not a QSW applicant.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
surfturtle said:
Awesome thread qorax! Hats off to you and all who have contributed.

I have a couple of queries and would appreciate your response.

I am planning to land in July but my dependents will follow later just so I could do the initial settlement stuff, sort out proper accommodation and possibly (fingers crossed) get a job before my dependents join me in Canada. I will of course show the POF for the whole family at the time of my landing and will also inform the officer that my dependents will follow later.

However, I am assuming that I and my dependents will have to fill in our own B4s and B4As separately at our landings. Correct?

I am also assuming that only I would have to show POF for the whole family at the time of my landing and my dependents, when they arrive later, would not be asked for POF again. Correct?

Are there any guidelines for me considering my scenario?
Hi,

U have understood it right with a little variance though...

A. Yes, u can land 1st & the family members can follow later.
B. Yes, u only need to show the POF. The rest, when landing do not require that.
C. No. The others do not need to show the B4 forms. It's u only who'll do that.
D. If they r carrying any goods, u'll need to show those in your Goods to Follow B4.

Rest u r good to go.

Good luck.
Qorax

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
qorax said:
A. Those 7 r perfectly fine. (Note that Scotiabank is Good).
B. Only the Letter of Authentication is needed for the D/License.
C. U'll need the IDL for getting & driving a rent-a-car, if u desire one.

Qorax
Thanks dear.....

bluepine

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
On IDL how many months we can drive on it?, for Canadian license Alberta how much time does it take to get the initial license i have four years of driving proof from transport department.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bluepine said:
On IDL how many months we can drive on it?, for Canadian license Alberta how much time does it take to get the initial license i have four years of driving proof from transport department.
A. With an IDL in most countries u can drive (a Rent-a-Car) for 3 months. I do that all the time. But in Canada, u can do so for only 2 months. And that's enough...

B. Here u'll obtain a Canadian D/License in a month max. Provided u r coming from a Left Hand Drive country with similar Traffic Management system. Nonetheless, 2 months r yet enough to get a DL if u take a little practice classes.

I got mine in 13 days. That included the waiting queue, else it's a day's job.

Good luck.
Qorax

A

anushauc

qorax said:
A. With an IDL in most countries u can drive (a Rent-a-Car) for 3 months. I do that all the time. But in Canada, u can do so for only 2 months. And that's enough...

B. Here u'll obtain a Canadian D/License in a month max. Provided u r coming from a Left Hand Drive country with similar Traffic Management system. Nonetheless, 2 months r yet enough to get a DL if u take a little practice classes.

I got mine in 13 days. That included the waiting queue, else it's a day's job.

Good luck.
Qorax
Bro. Qorax,

My husband has the docs from India. I also have a US Driving exp for close to 3 yrs. I have a valid Texas Driving licence until 2016 ( which has a small prints on expiry as on the date of my Visa which was Jan 14th 2010 - These days the US licence is only until your I-94 / Visa Expiry ). I am unable to get any letter from the US on the driving exp and am in India now. We are travelling on the 21st to Canada. Any guidance . help is appreciated.

I also have a similar TX driving licence but same case as Visa expired on 14th Jan. I am unable to get the letter in India as the license is from a remote place and I am unable to go there now ( I have a letter from them dated Jan 2009 - which is of no use due to the 6 month rule now ). What do you suggest for me.

I have heard that we can swap a US DL for Ca DL. Can you guide / suggest?

- AnushaUC

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
anushauc said:
Bro. Qorax,

My husband has the docs from India. I also have a US Driving exp for close to 3 yrs. I have a valid Texas Driving licence until 2016 ( which has a small prints on expiry as on the date of my Visa which was Jan 14th 2010 - These days the US licence is only until your I-94 / Visa Expiry ). I am unable to get any letter from the US on the driving exp and am in India now. We are travelling on the 21st to Canada. Any guidance . help is appreciated.

I also have a similar TX driving licence but same case as Visa expired on 14th Jan. I am unable to get the letter in India as the license is from a remote place and I am unable to go there now ( I have a letter from them dated Jan 2009 - which is of no use due to the 6 month rule now ). What do you suggest for me.

I have heard that we can swap a US DL for Ca DL. Can you guide / suggest?

- AnushaUC
A. If your husband has the Letter of Authenticity from India, for over 24 months, he'll get the Graduated waiting period waived. So, can pretty much start the process asap on landing. Hoever, being from a right hand drive country, he'll require some retraining.

B. Yes, the US d/license is Swapable. Usually they'll give u the Canadian d/license on the spot, if the US DL is yet valid. Technically they'd see the Validity of your US DL, which is till 2016. However, that 'small print validity' is news to me, hence I cannot comment on it.

Qorax

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In regard to Letter of Authenticity for experience 24 months... Do we need to get it attested from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Canadian Embassy abroad etc... or Letter in English is quite enough...

surfturtle

Sep 10, 2008
qorax said:
Hi,

U have understood it right with a little variance though...

A. Yes, u can land 1st & the family members can follow later.
B. Yes, u only need to show the POF. The rest, when landing do not require that.
C. No. The others do not need to show the B4 forms. It's u only who'll do that.
D. If they r carrying any goods, u'll need to show those in your Goods to Follow B4.

Rest u r good to go.

Good luck.
Qorax
Hi qorax,

Many thanks for your response.

In regards to points C and D, are you sure? Is there any guideline given at CIC's or CBSA's website. I tried but couldn't find any info pertaining to this.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
surfturtle said:
Hi qorax,

Many thanks for your response.

In regards to points C and D, are you sure? Is there any guideline given at CIC's or CBSA's website. I tried but couldn't find any info pertaining to this.
I haven't any link as well, neither surfed the CBSA site in full. But know that from experience & the knowledge I gained over my own quest & thru great forums like this.

Regret to disappoint u my friend.
Qorax

A

anushauc

qorax said:
A. If your husband has the Letter of Authenticity from India, for over 24 months, he'll get the Graduated waiting period waived. So, can pretty much start the process asap on landing. Hoever, being from a right hand drive country, he'll require some retraining.

B. Yes, the US d/license is Swapable. Usually they'll give u the Canadian d/license on the spot, if the US DL is yet valid. Technically they'd see the Validity of your US DL, which is till 2016. However, that 'small print validity' is news to me, hence I cannot comment on it.

Qorax
Thx Bro. Appreciate the response and help. :)

AnushaUC

surfturtle

Sep 10, 2008
qorax said:
I haven't any link as well, neither surfed the CBSA site in full. But know that from experience & the knowledge I gained over my own quest & thru great forums like this.

Regret to disappoint u my friend.
Qorax
Thanks qorax. You've been a great help.

Stay blessed!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mjm said:
In regard to Letter of Authenticity for experience 24 months... Do we need to get it attested from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Canadian Embassy abroad etc... or Letter in English is quite enough...
Hey No, No... There's no need for any attestation to that letter. Only that it should be on the Letter Head of the Roads & Transport Authority of your country.

Qorax

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Dear Quorax,

I visited the hdfc bank in india today for scotia bank account... my only query is that one wire of transfer of funds is possible but it seems that you need to personally visit the branch in canada. but if i am immig then pof needs to be shown at poe so will the bank transfer these funds by the time i leave india.