+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
carefore said:
Hi Qorax,

Hope you doing well.

I have send my full documents to CHC-ISB, my status is in pending review.

I would like to apply for work permit. Is it possible? or i have to withdraw my PR application actually i have heard that work permit and student visa application can't process with PR process.

Please advice.
Actually what u heard is correct. Though not impossible, but u'll have a tough time explaining that u really intend to return after the TWP. And there's the catch for running both in parallel. Usually the CIC'll decline to give u the TWP. And it might be extremely difficult for u to obtain that while your PR apps in on.

Qorax

Hercules

Nov 20, 2009
Hi Qorax,

Can you please answer my question on taking the pr card pictures when I land at the airport if the ones I sent to local CIC do not meet the specs (I am sure they don't meet the specs)? Do I bring it up with the Immigration officer at the port of entry? I will only be staying for about three weeks when I land and do not want to bring everybody back to canada from nigeria because of improperly taken pics.
Please respond urgently.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hercules said:
Hi Qorax,

Can you please answer my question on taking the pr card pictures when I land at the airport if the ones I sent to local CIC do not meet the specs (I am sure they don't meet the specs)? Do I bring it up with the Immigration officer at the port of entry? I will only be staying for about three weeks when I land and do not want to bring everybody back to canada from nigeria because of improperly taken pics.
Please respond urgently.
Replied to your own direct thread on the subject.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi Rocky,

We don't need to fill-in the PR Card application forms. For the 1st landing & 1st PRC, it is done 'online' by the BSO @ the POE. It's a simple process for them, as all our details'd be on their system & they just fill-in:
1. Canadian Address
2. POF
3. Date of landing

The entire process at the a/port is quite simple & fast*. U have 4 desks to visit:
a) Entry BSO. -Checks your Disembarkation Form/Card & Highlights the POF & B4.
b) Immigration Desk. -Only for newcomers. Here all jobs r done [Record of Landing].
c) Welcome Desk. -Only for newcomers. Here we get the handouts/flyers/Goody Bags.
d) Exit BSO. -Funds r checked & B4 stamped [this location is after the baggage carousel].

*The entire process shouldn't take more than 30-40 minutes. Delay, if any, could only occur against 2 reasons. 1]Rush of newcomers -then we have a line & 2]If u have larger amounts of funds -then the complete details need to be filed elaborately into the CRS system.

Sorry for writing a longer reply, beyond what u asked for.

Good luck, buddy !!!
Qorax
Hey thanks a tonne brother....your reply is great and indeed very helpful god bless

carefore

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB-LDN
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October, 2009
Doc's Request.
December, 2009
AOR Received.
March, 2010
Med's Request
28-Feb-2012
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2012, newborn July-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 - 22-10-2012, PPR-2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
thanks for your reply,

Actually my company Head Office is in Canada and they want me to join Canada head office.

I haven't disclosed my PR process that's why i am little worried about my PR application.

Sha_sha

Apr 11, 2010
Hey Rocky, it's been long time, have you booked your tickets yet? Wanted some details on when is the right time to book the tickets if we are planning to land in Aug '10?

Question to Rocky/Quorax/...
I have some personal concerns regarding landing alongwith family. Parents are not allowing us to move together unless we have proper job in hand. Thought of spouse leave canada after the landing formalities and I stay back searching of job, house, settle down and call the family.... Is it going to be the right move?

Also, if am alone there (not decided about the city yet) toronto, hamilton or Ottawa... is there anyway that I get shared accommodation till I get job? To cut down the ideal cost and do up with the basics.

Things (goods) to follow can it be done later part of time once we settle down? I don't want to take it along with me in the first trip... as we are not sure how things going to be....

Lot more questions... we are listing out the check list.. I'll sure come back with many questions.. Hope I get answers from you guys..

Thanks a lot...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Sha_sha said:
Hey Rocky, it's been long time, have you booked your tickets yet? Wanted some details on when is the right time to book the tickets if we are planning to land in Aug '10?

I have some personal concerns regarding landing alongwith family. Parents are not allowing us to move together unless we have proper job in hand. Thought of spouse leave canada after the landing formalities and I stay back searching of job, house, settle down and call the family.... Is it going to be the right move?

Also, if am alone there (not decided about the city yet) toronto, hamilton or Ottawa... is there anyway that I get shared accommodation till I get job? To cut down the ideal cost and do up with the basics.

Things (goods) to follow can it be done later part of time once we settle down? I don't want to take it along with me in the first trip... as we are not sure how things going to be....

Lot more questions... we are listing out the check list.. I'll sure come back with many questions.. Hope I get answers from you guys..

Thanks a lot...
1. If u r planning to move in Aug-10, the right time to book tkts is NOW. The prices go up close to the departure date/s. So, if u book it asap u'll get a better deal.

2. There r plenty of short stay choices in all cities of Canada. U can book them before u move. Some such links r given in the OP.

3. If the idea is to stay aone for sometime before fetching the family, go alone for the 1st time. Settle down, fetch a job & then call the family. That's a wise move plan, rather than going the complete family & sending one back. S/he can always enter Canada before the visa expires.

4. Any & every city of Canada is good. The larger ones would give u a metro/cosmo feel, while the smaller ones wouldn't. But, that doesn't mean that they r lacking in anything. Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver r the top most cosmo cities, Ottawa too is -but a bit laid back -a typical National Capital scenario -more of Governmental & less business like. Hamilton is a small city of Ontario. While Calgary, Edmonton, Victoria, London etc r just fine... quite like the 1st 3 cities -but in a smaller scale.

5. The B4 [good to follow list] must be prepared & stamped in the 1st landing [even if u r getting the items much later]. Else, u loose the chance of bringing your goods duty free. U'll have to bear its costs later. & they r huge -mind u.

Good luck.
Qorax

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sha_sha said:
Hi, I might land in June 1st week. Will have to book tickets in May end as I am not sure right now. Well book tickets 1 month in advance and travel agents have good margin like 3-4 K on 35K ticket

Yes it is. Trust me its better to have a base set first with minimum liability do not take me wrong here but it will be good and better.
Yes you will and can, float a thread here though it is an immigration blog but try and float a thread and look for room mates other wise you will get it there as well. Toronto is a big city to expensive accommodation there try Hamilton
No, give it when you land make a predictive list, no limit as I am a bachelor and still have made big list as you never know

Thanks a lot...
Check answers in red and ask more if you have any. Best of luck

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Hi seniors...

Just one doubt.. After landing and finishing the initial formalities... if am sending back my family till getting a confirmed job.... whether they can come back easily... my question is their PR Cards will be received say after 30-45 days only.. So without a PR Card.... is there any complications to land again?

Sorry if its a question answered already...

Satish

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
satish_lkb said:
Hi seniors...

Just one doubt.. After landing and finishing the initial formalities... if am sending back my family till getting a confirmed job.... whether they can come back easily... my question is their PR Cards will be received say after 30-45 days only.. So without a PR Card.... is there any complications to land again?

Sorry if its a question answered already...

Satish
It is answered in this very thread, plz read the OP [Original Post].

tmo

May 25, 2010
Hi Qorax,

I have one quick question, concerning the proof of funds (when first time landing):
1. Can a bank statement be enough to prove my funds (from my Bank branch in canada)
2. I will transfer more money to my account later, after the landing date, how can I declare these amounts during the landing, is there a certain form for that, to prove later that I declared it?

Thanks a lot for you valuable information, you have summarized everything ...

Best regards,
Tamer

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tmo said:
Hi Qorax,

I have one quick question, concerning the proof of funds (when first time landing):
1. Can a bank statement be enough to prove my funds (from my Bank branch in canada)
2. I will transfer more money to my account later, after the landing date, how can I declare these amounts during the landing, is there a certain form for that, to prove later that I declared it?

Thanks a lot for you valuable information, you have summarized everything ...

Best regards,
Tamer
The Canadian bank statement is perfectly fine for the landing POF. U don't need to fill any form except the 'disembarkation card', which u'll receive on the flight. There u'd mention the $$$ that u r carrying.

Once u land, there'll be 2 places where those funds'll be 'recorded' online:
One, at the Immigration Desk, where the BSO'll record your landing & mark the funds.
Two, at the Exit Desk, where the BSO'll actually count your money or check the POF docs.

Good luck.
Qorax

tmo

May 25, 2010
million thanks, and what about money to be transferred later, to avoid having taxes on, I need to tell how much will be transferred later, where do I report this, at the same location?

dsenese

Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-02-2009
File Transfer...
03-06-2009
Med's Request
04-03-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
LANDED..........
29-05-2010
I think I have a new wrinkle in my plans and need some advice regarding my landing. Here are the facts:

1. I have received my immigrant visa in my passport (am posting this from the Buffalo airport)

2. I have a job interview in Vancouver on June 1, with a recruiting firm.

3. If I advance in the hiring process, I will need to return to Vancouver on June 19th or so, for interviews on June 21st and/or 22nd.

4. I'm arriving in Vancouver on May 29th for a vacation and was planning on landing at that time.

After reading about how PRs re-enter Canada, I think there's the conundrum and some questions as I see it related to my re-entry for the final round of interviews:

Should I land on the 29th?
I was thinking "yes" and have arranged for a temporary address to have the PR card sent to. They will send it to me in the States. But I won't receive the PR card in time to re-enter on June 19th.

Do I qualify for the "Permanent Resident Abroad" card? Can I get that while I'm there - May 31st to June 11th?
If I apply from the US, I need to send my passport - and there's not enough time between my June 13th return from the vacation and the dates of the potential interview.

Can I enter Canada without landing, with an immigrant visa in my passport?

It seems safest and least fraught with potential snags to just not land on the 29th, if possible. Suggestions?