+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
akbardxb said:
We are now preparing for our landing sometime in early April.

I have a few questions and would appreciate your answers / experience.

1. Can I drive into Canada with a rented car from the US for the landing ? We plan to return after 2 weeks.

2. My goods to follow will come in two parts - from Dubai and from India. Can I have two separate 'Goods to Follow' forms ?

3. Can I carry POF in USD as this is only a short landing and I don't want to lose money in exchange rates/conversion.

Thanks.
1. abut rent a car I dont know?
2. if list is big enough then two pages no problem, or u can separate first half page for Dubai and next half page for India goods to follow.
3. USD or EURO or Canada dollars accepted as POF to show funds, but the problem is from where u r taking such as from India Govt maximum limit issues. if no issues then no problem at all.

bcpnpnom

Jan 7, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2013
AOR Received.
April 05, 2013
Med's Request
May 7, 2013
Med's Done....
May 21, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 1, 2013
LANDED..........
in GOD's perfect time!!!
Hi there, may I know if I can bring more the $30k USD/CAD in cash upon landing? Just anxious if we will be ask since we'r going to bring more than $10k. thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bcpnpnom said:
Hi there, may I know if I can bring more the $30k USD/CAD in cash upon landing? Just anxious if we will be ask since we'r going to bring more than $10k. thank you
You may but if you are carrying more than $10k CAD, you must report your funds to customs. This is a law to fight crime. They are not going to take your money, they just want to know that you have more than 10k. If you don't report and they find it on you, they could confiscate your money because you did not report.

You can read about this here: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html

Crossing the border with $10,000 or more?

Money laundering and terrorist financing are international problems. Money laundering in Canada alone is estimated to be in the billions of dollars. To help fight these criminal activities, the Government of Canada has introduced the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act.

Under the legislation, there are no restrictions on the amount of money that you can bring into or take out of Canada, nor is it illegal to do so. However, you now have to report to a border services officer amounts equal to or greater than CAN$10,000, or its equivalent in a foreign currency that you are bringing into or taking out of Canada.

This reporting requirement will assist the government in its efforts to:

* investigate and prosecute offences related to money
* laundering and terrorist financing;
* respond to the threat posed by organized crime; and
* fulfill international commitments to fight transnational crime.

Reporting requirements

How to report

In person at a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) office

If you are entering or leaving Canada and are carrying $10,000 or more, or its equivalent in a foreign currency including any combination of coins, domestic or foreign bank notes, and securities, such as travellers cheques, stocks and bonds, you have to complete Form E677, Cross-Border Currency or Monetary Instruments Report – Individual. If the currency or monetary instruments that you are reporting are not your own, you will be required to complete Form E667, Cross-Border Currency or Monetary Instruments Report – General. You must complete the reporting form, sign it, and hand it to a border services officer at the nearest CBSA office that is open at the time you are travelling.

By mail

If you are sending $10,000 or more or its equivalent in a foreign currency into Canada through the mail, you must complete Form E667 and include it with the money. In addition, you must complete a Universal Postal Convention label and attach it to the item being mailed.

If you are sending $10,000 or more or its equivalent in a foreign currency from Canada by mail, you have to complete Form E667 and include it with the item being mailed, and mail or submit a completed copy of Form E667 to the nearest CBSA office at the same time or before you mail the package.

Additional postal requirements may exist when importing or exporting currency or monetary instruments by mail. Please contact Canada Post for further information.

By courier

If you are sending $10,000 or more or its equivalent in a foreign currency to or from Canada by courier, the courier must have the person in charge of the conveyance complete Form E668, Cross-Border Currency or Monetary Instruments Report made by Person in charge of conveyance, and attach it to Form E667, which you, the importer or exporter, will have completed. Both forms must be submitted to a CBSA office.

If you need help completing the forms, see the instructions on the back of the forms or contact the nearest CBSA office.

Failure to report

Currency and monetary instruments of a value equal to or greater than $10,000, or its equivalent in a foreign currency which are not reported, may be subject to seizure and the assessment of penalties or forfeiture. Penalties range from $250 to $5,000.

What happens with the information you give us?

The completed forms are sent to the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) in Ottawa for assessment and analysis. The information provided on the currency reporting forms is subject to the general provisions of the Privacy Act and is collected under the authority of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act.

To obtain additional information or a copy of the required forms, visit our Web site or the FINTRAC Web site. You can also call us free of charge throughout Canada at 1-800-461-9999. If you are calling from outside of Canada, you can contact us at 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064.

Mr. Canada

Jan 18, 2013
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2010
Doc's Request.
10-10-2010
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
IELTS Request
10-10-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2013
Med's Done....
01-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-08-2013
My brother is Canadian Citizen

Can I take a cheque from him and show it as my proof of fund at canada airport?

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. Canada said:
My brother is Canadian Citizen

Can I take a cheque from him and show it as my proof of fund at canada airport?

Thanks
The funds you show need to be available to you. If you get a check from your brother, immigration doesn't know that the check will not bounce or that your brother will not stop payment on the check. Get the money from your brother and get a cashiers check. That will work.

ginacom2003

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Warri, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Sept; 2012
Nomination.....
11th July, 2013
AOR Received.
20th Sept; 2013
IELTS Request
Submited with application
Med's Request
9th Nov; 2013
Med's Done....
13th Nov; 2013
Interview........
4th July, 2013
Passport Req..
2nd Apr; 2014
VISA ISSUED...
17th April, 2014
LANDED..........
14th May, 2014
Leon said:
The funds you show need to be available to you. If you get a check from your brother, immigration doesn't know that the check will not bounce or that your brother will not stop payment on the check. Get the money from your brother and get a cashiers check. That will work.
Are we to declare the POF that is equal or more than $10,000 in Bank Draft? Or is it cash only?

gina.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
ginacom2003 said:
Are we to declare the POF that is equal or more than $10,000 in Bank Draft? Or is it cash only?

gina.
All instruments (bank draft, cash, pay order, etc.) totalling more than C$10,000.

Remember POF is a fixed amount based on your family size. You must be able to prove that you have more than that amount at landing.

Regards,

bcpnpnom

Jan 7, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2013
AOR Received.
April 05, 2013
Med's Request
May 7, 2013
Med's Done....
May 21, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 1, 2013
LANDED..........
in GOD's perfect time!!!
thanks so much Leon...just confused if am going to fill out and carry with us the form E677 or is the CBSA declaration form same with E677? I've read from other posts that we dont need to fill out anything. thanks again

Leon said:
You may but if you are carrying more than $10k CAD, you must report your funds to customs. This is a law to fight crime. They are not going to take your money, they just want to know that you have more than 10k. If you don't report and they find it on you, they could confiscate your money because you did not report.

You can read about this here: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
bcpnpnom said:
thanks so much Leon...just confused if am going to fill out and carry with us the form E677 or is the CBSA declaration form same with E677? I've read from other posts that we dont need to fill out anything. thanks again
The CBSA officer filled this form out for me in duplicate. It took him 20minutes to do it :mad:

If you have funds to declare, better to fill it in advance to save time.

Regards,

bcpnpnom

Jan 7, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2013
AOR Received.
April 05, 2013
Med's Request
May 7, 2013
Med's Done....
May 21, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 1, 2013
LANDED..........
in GOD's perfect time!!!
thanks rizmayo....may I know if this is the same form given n d plane b4 arrival coz I tried to look CBSA declaration forms in their website...
tnx again
rizmayo said:
The CBSA officer filled this form out for me in duplicate. It took him 20minutes to do it :mad:

If you have funds to declare, better to fill it in advance to save time.

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
bcpnpnom said:
thanks rizmayo....may I know if this is the same form given n d plane b4 arrival coz I tried to look CBSA declaration forms in their website...
tnx again
No.. On the plane they will only give you a declaration card: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

Regards,

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
Dear Seniors

I might plan to land in April and require your help on few queries:

a) Leaving from Dubai and would like how much funds I can take from Dubai to Canada i.e. the limit which dubai authorities allow in cash to be taken out. In our case we are 4 members and hence CAD 20,654 applies in our case. There was a rule here in 2011 where a person can bring or take nearly (converted) CAD 24.5K (undeclared) while travelling to or from UAE. Is it still applicable?

b) I might stay for max 15 - 20 days and will come back again due to my son's education in dubai. I will give my friend's address for PR card. As we will not be physically available for PR in Canada, do you think it might be a problem? Can Canadian authorities reject its delivery to my friend?

c) If rejection happens as in (b) above. Then how one can re-enter canada again if its needed to be done soon? i.e. within 4-5 months overall?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Ali78 said:
Dear Seniors

I might plan to land in April and require your help on few queries:

a) Leaving from Dubai and would like how much funds I can take from Dubai to Canada i.e. the limit which dubai authorities allow in cash to be taken out. In our case we are 4 members and hence CAD 20,654 applies in our case. There was a rule here in 2011 where a person can bring or take nearly (converted) CAD 24.5K (undeclared) while travelling to or from UAE. Is it still applicable?

b) I might stay for max 15 - 20 days and will come back again due to my son's education in dubai. I will give my friend's address for PR card. As we will not be physically available for PR in Canada, do you think it might be a problem? Can Canadian authorities reject its delivery to my friend?

c) If rejection happens as in (b) above. Then how one can re-enter canada again if its needed to be done soon? i.e. within 4-5 months overall?
There are a number of posts dealing with this, esp by qorax. From what I have understood, there are no issues with your relatives receiving the PRC if you give their address. If something goes wrong with the photos then it is a problem and you would have to get a travel document to go back to Canada.

Personally, I would avoid taking a lot of cash, from a safety perspective. We are planning to land in end March, to coincide with my kids' school break.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
akbardxb said:
There are a number of posts dealing with this, esp by qorax. From what I have understood, there are no issues with your relatives receiving the PRC if you give their address. If something goes wrong with the photos then it is a problem and you would have to get a travel document to go back to Canada.

Personally, I would avoid taking a lot of cash, from a safety perspective. We are planning to land in end March, to coincide with my kids' school break.
Yes correct. PR cards come in the regular mail, no one has to sign for them. Even if you give a wrong address the cards will be delivered there if the address exists.

Regards,

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
rizmayo said:
Yes correct. PR cards come in the regular mail, no one has to sign for them. Even if you give a wrong address the cards will be delivered there if the address exists.

Regards,
Many thanks Rizmayo and Akbar for your assistance.