+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sanju1676 said:
Hi Qorax,Bhavesh & Farima

About 'immunization record', whenever we go for any vaccination in a hospital, generally doctor fills the chart provided at the time of birth of the kid on which all vaccinations are mentioned as per there timelines. I have that record with me..

Qorax, incase this record willl not work, please send me one copy of the card you have at sanju1676 @ rediffmail.com.

Regards,
Sanjay
Hi, I have just sent it to your email ID.

Regards,
Qorax

Kellys

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Visa Office......
London :)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Dec 2009
AOR Received.
28 Jan 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
In Process - 7th April 2010
Med's Request
Docs arrived in Canada April 28th
Med's Done....
07/May/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06/July/10
VISA ISSUED...
20/July/10
LANDED..........
27/August/10
That is brilliant. It answered every one of my questions.

ramneek

Star Member
Aug 2, 2009
hello qorax,
can u plz help me in one more matter?
is it worth to be self employed in canada?
what if i want to open a small store?
how much investment would be needed?
whats the procedure for it?
any thing which u want to say on this issue?
thanks & regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ramneek said:
hello qorax,
can u plz help me in one more matter?
is it worth to be self employed in canada?
what if i want to open a small store?
how much investment would be needed?
whats the procedure for it?
any thing which u want to say on this issue?
thanks & regards
Hi,

That's a nice move. In fact Canada welcomes ppl to establish their own business -however big or small it may be.
1. It is worth 100% -u can bet on it.
2. Investment is subjective. No one can answer that w/out studying your business plan.
3. Procedure: Every province has a dedicated website*... look at your chosen one -u'll get all the info.
4. My say: If u have some kind of experience at it -go for it. Else, gain some experience & then indulge.

*Even the CIC website has a link to 'small business'.

All the very best !
Qorax

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Qorax,

I m flying on 10th of may and i m confused of the two sheet we need to take of along with us which includes goods to be followed and good we got along with us.

To be frank i m not carrying in high value items with me accept new clothes and my old laptop...so do i need to mention it in goods accompany list

And i m not going to bring any goods from india later now..so what should i mention in the other lists goods to be followed list

Do u have formats of the lists.If yes can u send the same to me.

Please revert
Thanks and Regards

Abhi

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
abhi292000 said:
Halo Qorax,

I m flying on 10th of may and i m confused of the two sheet we need to take of along with us which includes goods to be followed and good we got along with us.

To be frank i m not carrying in high value items with me accept new clothes and my old laptop...so do i need to mention it in goods accompany list

And i m not going to bring any goods from india later now..so what should i mention in the other lists goods to be followed list

Do u have formats of the lists.If yes can u send the same to me.

Please revert
Thanks and Regards

Abhi
I'm flying on the 11th/May/2010 -for our final move.

1. Just mention a)Personal clothing -value; & 2)Laptop -make, Sl. No., value.
2. If there's nothing to bring-in later, that 'goods to follow' list is not needed.
3. Formats: Forms B4 & B4A, as given in the CBSA link in the original post.

Qorax

kulikuli

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
09-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2010
LANDED..........
Not decided
You are blessing to this forum. Keep it up!

Apr 17, 2010
Me and my husband is job less , and we our one entry Canada visa is going to expired..
In short: we are short with money.

What we are planning is we will search job from India and right now we just want to go to Canada and get PR Card, SIN Card etc.. and come back to India.

So please guide us the place where we can go and get ASAP out PR Card, SIN Card and how to find cheep accommodation?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Jennyjenny1947 said:
Me and my husband is job less , and we our one entry Canada visa is going to expired..
In short: we are short with money.

What we are planning is we will search job from India and right now we just want to go to Canada and get PR Card, SIN Card etc.. and come back to India.

So please guide us the place where we can go and get ASAP out PR Card, SIN Card and how to find cheep accommodation?
Ma'am,

U r not alone, many go thru this situation. Moreover, it is always wise to be judicious with our monies... that's how most of us look at our funds disposition, aren't we?

About the various post landing formalities I've already discussed in the original post, however to your specifics plz note the following:

1. PR card: It's part of your 'landing' package & u'll get it 'automatically' in 4-6 weeks by post@the address u mention at the airport [even the 'short-stay' address would suffice].

2. SIN Card: The very next day that u land, visit the nearest Service Canada office & u'll get the SIN No. 'on-the-spot'. The card would follow in 2-3 weeks time. But, u don't need the card for anything. The No. suffices for all actions.

3. Short-Stay Housing: For immdt accom, upon arrival [prior to actual renting] the following 'guest-house type' dwellings r pretty good & used by many, satisfactorily.
a) http://www.safehomestay.com/ -Cheapest, but good too
b) http://www.staystudio6.com/ -Ok priced, shade better that above
c) http://www.motel6.com/ -little higher priced, but extremely comfortable

Note on Accommodation:
-These range approx $1200/month. Shorter duration is possible.
-I recommend the above only, as I know some of my folks used them earlier.
-Safehomestay will also receive u at the a/port & assist u with SIN & other documentations as well.
-All the above will guide u with job search & home rental search.
-Moreover, their prices r the most competitive -anything else will be costlier.
-I'm talking 'only' about Toronto. Similar cases r available in most other cities too, but I can't be of much help with them.
-Important: It's always wise to stay in Canada till the time u receive your PR cards [around 6 weeks].

Hope that helped...
Qorax

Reactions: summerxx

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
qorax said:
Ma'am,

U r not alone, many go thru this situation. Moreover, it is always wise to judicious with our monies... that's how most of us look at our funds disposition, aren't we?

About the various post landing formalities I've already discussed in the original post, however to your specifics plz note the following:

1. PR card: It's part of your 'landing' package & u'll get it 'automatically' in 4-6 weeks by post @ the address u mention at the airport [even the 'short-stay' address would suffice].

2. SIN Card: The very next day that u land, visit the nearest Service Canada office & u'll get the SIN No. 'on-the-spot'. The card would follow in 2-3 weeks time. But, u don't need the card for anything. The No. suffices for all actions.

3. Short-Stay Housing: For immdt accom, upon arrival [prior to actual renting] the following 'guest-house type' dwellings r pretty good & used by many, satisfactorily.
a) http://www.safehomestay.com/ -Cheapest, but good too
b) http://www.staystudio6.com/ -Ok priced, shade better that above
c) http://www.motel6.com/ -little higher priced, but extremely comfortable

Note on Accommodation:
-These range approx $1200/month. Shorter duration is possible.
-I recommend the above only, as I know some of my folks used them earlier.
-Safehomestay will also receive u at the a/port & assist u with SIN & other documentations as well.
-All the above will guide u with job search & home rental search.
-Moreover, their prices r the most competitive -anything else will be costlier.
-I'm talking 'only' about Toronto. Similar cases r available in most other cities too, but I can't be of much help with them.

Hope that helped...
Qorax
My suggestion: Pls take help from rlatives or frnds.. tell them ur situation.. borrow some money... work hard in canada.. repay the loans.. if u felt offended them i sorry..

I too undrgoing this dilemma. i have money to show at port of entry, for tickets & nothing else..

Be brave.. everybody faces such dificulties in life...dont loose hopes...Go to ur place of worship, ask God for help, he will definitely come to ur rescue in some form...

last but not least:::: pls remain grateful to those , who helped u in reaching canada....

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
Find some more useful information at
http://www.intergate.ca/~rajanr/index.html

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mooving2canada said:
Find some more useful information at
http://www.intergate.ca/~rajanr/index.html
Hi M2C, That was a wonderful link. Many thanx brother...
Qorax