+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011 encashed on 06/05/2011
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 / Medical received line 07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
decision made: 1-3-13 Visa Date: 27-02-13 Passport Received: 5-3-13
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
ASK said:
Thank you for your time and comments YTNZ. I still cannot decide if a machine readable passport is required as you said yours is a special case. If you don't mind, could you please mention why your spouse is 'not entitled' for a machine readable passport? Also, what is your nationality in case you are not a Saudi national. Thanks.
My wife has temp jordanian passport because she is from Palestine (it's only a passport for travelling but not a nationality)

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
ASK said:
Thank you for your time and response. I still have passport validity up to my medical validity. If I send my passport for renewal and if by chance my PPR is coming during this time, that would delay the whole thing what I have been eagerly waiting for so long. Also, new passport means updating my info with CIC, again causing delay. But, if I can manage with the non-machine readable passport till I make my initial landing, that would save a lot of hassle. If there is no other choice, I'd renew it ASAP. Just wanted to confirm the same. Appreciate it.
Below is a copy and paste of the passport specifications I've received from LVO along with my PPR:

If any of the passports submitted do not meet the following specifications, all passports will be returned to you without visas. This delay will shorten the amount of time that you will have to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident.
1. All names and dates of birth must be printed in each passport in English or French.
2. The given name (first name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Given Name line of the biodata page of each passport. The surname (last name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Surname line of the biodata page of each passport. They should match your Updated Information Chart.
3. Your spouse must have their own passport. Your accompanying children should also each have their own passports.
4. Each passport must have at least two empty pages.
5. For your visas to have maximum validity, all passports should be valid for at least 12 months from the date of your medical examinations.
6. All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the biodata page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages. Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, special or other similar types of passports are NOT acceptable.

I hope that this information might help you

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
ASK said:
Thanks for sharing. +1 for you. How did you manage since it mentions about 'special' passports are not acceptable?
I think because this is the only passport she can get, she has no other options whatsoever.

It's normal passport but it's renewed every two years instead of five years.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Jazzzz said:
Thank you for your quick reply! One more thing, we were planning to take jewellery and gold with us in this trip, ie in March, so as to put them in a safety deposit box in a Canadian bank. However, I was browsing through CBSA website yesterday and I came across this memo D2-2-1 (in the section on Publications - D Memoranda - D2 International Travel) according to which a person's status for customs purposes may not be the same as their status for immigration purposes. The example they have quoted fits my case perfectly. This is what the memo says:

As an example, a person can become a permanent resident without the intention of residing immediately in Canada. However, this person is not determined to be a settler as defined in the customs legislation, and be eligible for the provisions of tariff item No. 9807.00.00. In this case, since the person does not have any intention of remaining in Canada at that time, and will live outside Canada for an undetermined period of time, that person is considered a non-resident of Canada and not a settler, for the purpose of the Customs Tariff, and is eligible to temporarily import goods under tariff item No. 9803.00.00

Do you think CBSA can impose duty on jewellery if they come to know that we are leaving after 2 weeks? Do you suggest that it would be better to take every thing with us in our next trip when we will qualify as a 'settler' for customs purposes?

Thank you!
There won't be any issues as long as u list it in a B4.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pooja82 said:
hi Qorax
we are planning to fly in April. To Toronto, maybe!!
wat ab assesment of educational qualification.
My husband is a Civil Engineer, workign as Project Manager / Construction Manager.
As the field is regualted, what do we do n how?
plz assist
rgds
P
Hi,

Provincial & territorial engineering regulatory bodies r responsible for 'licensing' his profession. Therefore, once u know where u'd settle & work in Canada, u should contact the appropriate regulatory body for details on the licensure procedures (See list here).

However, while not part of the registration process itself, it'd be wise to also get his overseas Engg. Quals Assessed. For which he need to contact Engineering Canada, they've an International Education Assessment Program / Tool for the same. The assessment provides applicants with valuable information on how their foreign education compares to a Canadian engineering education. Which could be the forerunner for his subsequent 'licensing'.

All the best.

Qorax

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Dear Qorax,
Can you suggest on the following issue:
If I enter in Canada for landing first time and I come out after two weeks. I know that PR card will take 2/3 months to get it.
So if I need to go before I receive PR card, how can I manage it without considering to go from US by land. Since I don't have US visa and it is troublesome to get and also it takes time. I will be leaving from Singapore.

Please help as there is a chance for me to get a job there and I need to be back in Singapore to resign my current job and may be need to be back in Canada to join the new job.

Thanks, Swapno

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Swapno,

There is no problem with what you are wanting to do. Just do you initial landing and do not make it obvious that you are going to return soon. You can provide a reliable address for the PR card to be posted.
You can then have ur relatives/friends post it over to you.

Regarding the job, nobody can determine your luck in finding one. Its only your perseverence and luck that will help you find a good job.

All the best.

Nick

Laura7786

Mar 8, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm only starting to think about moving to Canada from the UK, but really need to know about potential for jobs over there first. I have a degree in Chemistry and so far 1 years lab experience, will have 2 by the time I'm moving anywhere. Are there many opportunities in the Chemistry field? Which areas would be best for science related jobs? Also, as I'm 26 I could travel on the IEC programme, but would I need to have a job lined up before I leave the UK or look for one when I get to Canada?

Thanks!

Laura

nsharif

Star Member
Jun 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
02-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-01-2010
File Transfer...
12-11-2009
Med's Request
13-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-07-2012 ( sent 6th July and received by LVO 9th July)
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2012 ( PP received 9th Aug)
LANDED..........
10-09-2012
swapno said:
Dear Qorax,
If I enter in Canada for landing first time and I come out after two weeks. I know that PR card will take 2/3 months to get it.
So if I need to go before I receive PR card, how can I manage it without considering to go from US by land. Since I don't have US visa and it is troublesome to get and also it takes time. I will be leaving from Singapore.

Please help as there is a chance for me to get a job there and I need to be back in Singapore to resign my current job and may be need to be back in Canada to join the new job.

Thanks, Swapno
Hello Swapno

Without PR card you have to take "travel document" from CHC to re-enter Canada.

Carefully read the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529ETOC.asp#overview

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-how.asp#urgent

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/379276391/re-enter-canada-after-landing-without-pr-card

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-can-i-enter-canada-without-pr-card-t28610.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reentering-without-pr-card-t70577.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-we-leave-canada-without-pr-card-t68669.0.html

Best of luck

n.sharif

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
swapno said:
Dear Qorax,

Thanks, Swapno
Replied elsewhere.

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Thanks Bro.

nsharif said:
Hello Swapno

Without PR card you have to take "travel document" from CHC to re-enter Canada.

Carefully read the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529ETOC.asp#overview

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-how.asp#urgent

trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/379276391/re-enter-canada-after-landing-without-pr-card

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-can-i-enter-canada-without-pr-card-t28610.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reentering-without-pr-card-t70577.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-we-leave-canada-without-pr-card-t68669.0.html

Best of luck

n.sharif

canadian immigrant

Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-04-2013
Hi Guys,

I have a question .
I m going to land as family sponsored category.
When we will land in canada ,Shall we need to fill the application for permanent residence card (IMM-5444E) Or not?
I m confused if it is so then is'nt it better to pre-filled this form for ease while lading.

Prompt response would be appreciated.

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
canadian immigrant said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question .
I m going to land as family sponsored category.
When we will land in canada ,Shall we need to fill the application for permanent residence card (IMM-5444E) Or not?
I m confused if it is so then is'nt it better to pre-filled this form for ease while lading.

Prompt response would be appreciated.
Not required...it will filled up by cbsa authority automatically