+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
emamabd said:
ofcourse you can
thanx, so It shouldn't be only in CAD

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
Please help me filling B4 and B4a

1. What is difference in B4 and B4a
2. Can I make separate spread sheet to be attached.
3. Do I need to fill all even small items and there numbers
4. What about gifts
5. I don't have Jewelry pix bc its in my country and in the lockers and I would move from KSA?
6. How about the cost of small items?

I need step by step help to fill these forms. I browsed them but can't understand well.

Thanks,

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
an74 said:
thanx, so It shouldn't be only in CAD
sure, you just need to have the USD equivalent to the CAD amount stated by CIC, Make sure you declare the amount to customs, & you will also be asked about the funds you're having by the immigration officer who will be filling your COPR's

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
an74 said:
Please help me filling B4 and B4a

1. What is difference in B4 and B4a
2. Can I make separate spread sheet to be attached.
3. Do I need to fill all even small items and there numbers
4. What about gifts
5. I don't have Jewelry pix bc its in my country and in the lockers and I would move from KSA?
6. How about the cost of small items?

I need step by step help to fill these forms. I browsed them but can't understand well.

Thanks,
Pls read this first:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44793.0.html

kkd123

Jun 26, 2012
Hello Forum Members,
I am planning for my landing in Canada in April. My PR Visa is getting expired on 21st May 2013. The issue is I am planning to move out of Canada after few days of my landing. Plz help me with the following concerns...

1) Is travelling out of the country after landing and before getting the PR card allowed ? Does this by any chance can make my PR status Null and void ?
2) I am planning to provide my Friend's address for posting the PR card and he will later collect it and hand it over to me. Is it allowed?
3) Do any other documents mandatory to travel out of Canada during this period?
4) Apart from POF documents, approximately how much minimum amount do I need to carry/show in cash while landing?

Please enlighten me.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kkd123 said:
Hello Forum Members,
I am planning for my landing in Canada in April. My PR Visa is getting expired on 21st May 2013. The issue is I am planning to move out of Canada after few days of my landing. Plz help me with the following concerns...

1) Is travelling out of the country after landing and before getting the PR card allowed ? Does this by any chance can make my PR status Null and void ?
2) I am planning to provide my Friend's address for posting the PR card and he will later collect it and hand it over to me. Is it allowed?
3) Do any other documents mandatory to travel out of Canada during this period?
4) Apart from POF documents, approximately how much minimum amount do I need to carry/show in cash while landing?

Please enlighten me.
1. Yes, u can. Unless u overshoot the residency requirement (2yrs stay in Canada out of the last 5yrs) ur PR status isn't in distress.
2. "is it allowed" -- No. But many do so & successfully receive their PR cards as well. In case u do not -- u can always come back here using a PRTD.
3. Nothing in particular.
4. The "showing" requirement is only the min. funds as per CIC table (pax vs. amount). For settling down it's wise to bring-in more, nearly double of that.

Qorax

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Hi,
we are planning to do landing in April but we will stay there for 2 weeks and provide our friends address for PR card.

anybody who has stayed(preferably in a hotel) in Toronto for short time period after landing....any suggestions please?

like which area to book hotel?(more convenient).

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
check these websites

http://www.safehomestay.com/ourservices.html#
http://www.staystudio6.com/

prism said:
Hi,
we are planning to do landing in April but we will stay there for 2 weeks and provide our friends address for PR card.

anybody who has stayed(preferably in a hotel) in Toronto for short time period after landing....any suggestions please?

like which area to book hotel?(more convenient).

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
Yes during transit we donot required to obtain transit visa, as we are holding valid immigration visa and confirmed connecting carrier heading towards Canada.

In this case no one required to obtained transit visa.

steaky said:
Depending on the nationality, some visitors doesn't require a transit visit. Read this older post by CanV for more info:

Jazzzz

Dec 19, 2009
Hi

I have been reading the useful posts on this forum for some time. Thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

My family and I will be going to Toronto next week for our 'first landing'. We will stay there for two weeks and will come back home to wrap up our affairs. We plan to move permanently to Canada in August this year.

My query is as follows:
- In this trip, we will take laptop and iPad along and will bring them back with us. We will carry them again with us when we move permanently in August. How do I record this in B4.... should I record them in B4-Goods that we are carring with us and also in B4-Goods that will follow later?

Guidance will be appreciated.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Jazzzz said:
Hi

I have been reading the useful posts on this forum for some time. Thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

My family and I will be going to Toronto next week for our 'first landing'. We will stay there for two weeks and will come back home to wrap up our affairs. We plan to move permanently to Canada in August this year.

My query is as follows:
- In this trip, we will take laptop and iPad along and will bring them back with us. We will carry them again with us when we move permanently in August. How do I record this in B4.... should I record them in B4-Goods that we are carring with us and also in B4-Goods that will follow later?

Guidance will be appreciated.
No action required on that... u r free to travel with them anywhere in the Globe, as much, anytime, w/out a finger raised anywhere!

Jazzzz

Dec 19, 2009
qorax said:
No action required on that... u r free to travel with them anywhere in the Globe, as much, anytime, w/out a finger raised anywhere!
Thank you for your quick reply! One more thing, we were planning to take jewellery and gold with us in this trip, ie in March, so as to put them in a safety deposit box in a Canadian bank. However, I was browsing through CBSA website yesterday and I came across this memo D2-2-1 (in the section on Publications - D Memoranda - D2 International Travel) according to which a person’s status for customs purposes may not be the same as their status for immigration purposes. The example they have quoted fits my case perfectly. This is what the memo says:

As an example, a person can become a permanent resident without the intention of residing immediately in Canada. However, this person is not determined to be a settler as defined in the customs legislation, and be eligible for the provisions of tariff item No. 9807.00.00. In this case, since the person does not have any intention of remaining in Canada at that time, and will live outside Canada for an undetermined period of time, that person is considered a non-resident of Canada and not a settler, for the purpose of the Customs Tariff, and is eligible to temporarily import goods under tariff item No. 9803.00.00

Do you think CBSA can impose duty on jewellery if they come to know that we are leaving after 2 weeks? Do you suggest that it would be better to take every thing with us in our next trip when we will qualify as a 'settler' for customs purposes?

Thank you!

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
hi Qorax
we are planning to fly in April. To Toronto, maybe!!
wat ab assesment of educational qualification.
My husband is a Civil Engineer, workign as Project Manager / Construction Manager.
As the field is regualted, what do we do n how?
plz assist
rgds
P

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011 encashed on 06/05/2011
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 / Medical received line 07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
decision made: 1-3-13 Visa Date: 27-02-13 Passport Received: 5-3-13
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
ASK said:
Hi Seniors,

I came across a remark somewhere that our passports should be machine readable. I am an Indian currently residing in the Middle East. My Indian passport was issued in London almost 9 years back, valid till the end of this year and is not machine readable. I am awaiting my PPR from LVO anytime soon, as it has been almost 5 months since I completed my medicals. The issue is, if I go for renewal of my passport, it will take at least 45 days for new passport (normal cases take less than a week here) as it was neither issued from India nor my current country of residence. Kindly advice if we really need to go for a machine readable passport or is it meant only for certain nationalities? Appreciate your comments and suggestions on this matter.

ASK
My wife's passport is not machine readable, however we didn't have any issue as it was stamped the same as the rest of our machine readable passports. I don't want to give wrong advice here, because her passport is different case as it is only temp and she is not entitled to issue machine readable passport, so maybe it's a different story for normal passports.

Smip86

Sep 23, 2011
India-Nagpur
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent With Application
Nomination.....
PER Received on 29-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band Sent with Application
File Transfer...
27-04-2012
Med's Request
Received on 07-09-2012
Med's Done....
29-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received on 07-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 30-11-2012
LANDED..........
Planning for SEP.13
ASK said:
Hi Seniors,

I came across a remark somewhere that our passports should be machine readable. I am an Indian currently residing in the Middle East. My Indian passport was issued in London almost 9 years back, valid till the end of this year and is not machine readable. I am awaiting my PPR from LVO anytime soon, as it has been almost 5 months since I completed my medicals. The issue is, if I go for renewal of my passport, it will take at least 45 days for new passport (normal cases take less than a week here) as it was neither issued from India nor my current country of residence. Kindly advice if we really need to go for a machine readable passport or is it meant only for certain nationalities? Appreciate your comments and suggestions on this matter.

ASK
U Should apply for New Passport to avoid last movement hassle.