+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

sati1234

Nov 30, 2010
Urgent Help Req. For completing Landing

Can anyone please clarify my doubts. Quorax can you help me out. satish
My intent: I'am going to Detroit where my bro stays (as he is the closest to CANADA border) and driving to Ontario (Windsor tunnel) complete my landing and return immediately as I'am planning to immigrate only in December 2012. I just want to finish procedures and return to US (TX) with my wife H4 & child citizen of US.

a) I'am a AINP candidate. Am i okay to do land in another province other than Alberta since i am a provincial candidate.
b) I want to tell the IMO the truth that i am not immigrating now. Will the IMO will have doubts about sending my PR cards to my relatives address in Alberta, and will not issue PR cards since i'am not immigrating immediately.
c) Option: Can i request the PR cards to be mailed to U.S address: my brothers address in detroit. Or to my address in TX?
c) Can i return into the U.S border the same day if the IMO says that she cant issue the PR's to the address i request them to post it to.
d) If everything goes good should i stay overnight in Canada and get my SIN number next day and then return to U.S

I am just totally confused about what to say to the IMO since i am not immigrating now and just want to complete landing and get PR cards and SIN number and immigrate later.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Urgent Help Req. For completing Landing

sati1234 said:
a) I'am a AINP candidate. Am i okay to do land in another province other than Alberta since i am a provincial candidate.
b) I want to tell the IMO the truth that i am not immigrating now. Will the IMO will have doubts about sending my PR cards to my relatives address in Alberta, and will not issue PR cards since i'am not immigrating immediately.
c) Option: Can i request the PR cards to be mailed to U.S address: my brothers address in detroit. Or to my address in TX?
c) Can i return into the U.S border the same day if the IMO says that she cant issue the PR's to the address i request them to post it to.
d) If everything goes good should i stay overnight in Canada and get my SIN number next day and then return to U.S
a) You must convince immigration that you are still intending to settle in AB. If they do not believe you, they could decide to withhold your PR until you appear at the AINP office.

b) It will sound better for your regarding a) if you give them an address in AB you tell them to mail the PR cards to. However, they could also decide to withhold them.

c) They will definitely not mail the cards to the US.

c) You can return to the US on the same day whether they mail the cards or not.

d) You could but you don't need a SIN number right away. You can get it when you move.

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
Hi Qorax and senior members

I got my COPR today . :)

Just a couple of clarifications :

1. In the COPR form, they have mentioned my place of birth as Ras Al Khaimah, which is correct, but country of birth mentioned is India , which is obviously wrong. I had previously written them an email an informed them about this similar error on my medical form as well. Anyhow , I have read somewhere that I should carry on with my landing formalities and let the officer know about it at the POE rather than sending again for corrections . Is that right ?

2. Secondly , just want to let everyone know that the landing formalities would be completed at the first landing airport , irrespective of the final destination via another connecting flight. This is what I read in the forms they send me along with COPR. I am saying this coz previously I read that landing formalities would be completed in the final destination.

Thanks everyone !!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lovie said:
Hi Qorax and senior members

I got my COPR today . :)

Just a couple of clarifications :

1. In the COPR form, they have mentioned my place of birth as Ras Al Khaimah, which is correct, but country of birth mentioned is India , which is obviously wrong. I had previously written them an email an informed them about this similar error on my medical form as well. Anyhow , I have read somewhere that I should carry on with my landing formalities and let the officer know about it at the POE rather than sending again for corrections . Is that right ?

2. Secondly , just want to let everyone know that the landing formalities would be completed at the first landing airport , irrespective of the final destination via another connecting flight. This is what I read in the forms they send me along with COPR. I am saying this coz previously I read that landing formalities would be completed in the final destination.

Thanks everyone !!
1. Right.
2. Right.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
yes,

If they ask you about the error in the COPR, reply that you didnt notice this error. in reality you didnt want to delay the landing and it was indeed the error of CIC and they'd rectify/solve this issue wherever you'd show it to them.

nsharif

Star Member
Jun 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
02-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-01-2010
File Transfer...
12-11-2009
Med's Request
13-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-07-2012 ( sent 6th July and received by LVO 9th July)
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2012 ( PP received 9th Aug)
LANDED..........
10-09-2012
Dear Qorax and other members

I am landing at Edmonton on 10 Sep 2012. I will be there for 3 weeks and return back herein GCC. I want settled there after a couples of months.

I have little more money than required for my four family members for POF ($20,599). Now I am requesting a suggestion from you.

1) I have option to carry a bank draft as a POE and cancel it after return back and transfer all my savings when finally moves to Canada.
2) I can transfer all my money now and deposit in a savings account therein Canada?

Would you advise me which option is better /profitable for me considering my situation?

As you always advise forum members to carry Bank draft + Cash (80/20). I am convinced with this. But as I want to finally settle there after couples of months, do you think that it is worthless to deposit all my money in Canada during this period.

Somewhere in this forum I read that if you have ‘'tie-in'' with Canada then you are entitled to summit tax. In my case, If I deposit all my money in Canada this time and return there after couples of months ( say for 1 yr) will it be considered as a ‘'tie-in''?

Thanks in advance

Regards

nsharif

xony

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Abu Dhabi - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
IELTS Request
Jan2011
Med's Request
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
Dear Sir,

I went through the B4 post that you have here, and it's really useful,

I'm asking about gold and jewelery items that I will buy after coming back from lading visit and before going permanently to "live" in Canada. For sure they will not be mentioned in the B4 applications, and not in the "to follow" items as well because I still don't know how they look like or weigh.

am I right?
if yes, these items will be subject to customs? if yes, do you have an idea about the percentage?

thanks again,
xony

hazel123

Sep 5, 2012
Dear Sir Qorax,

Im new in this thread.. i need your help or anyone who have an idea regarding the proof of funds.. we are a family of 3 landing,landing dis coming sept 18 at Calgary, Alberta.. the required proof funds is CAD 17,011.. now, i only have CAD 3,355 and USD 13,770.. im planning to buy additional 1k CAD.. and the USD will be in form of demand draft. is this okie that i will be bringing USD? because iv heard its okie to bring USD in demand draft but some says that we might be having a problem in the immigration.. what is really the best thing? here in the Philippines, im having a hard time buying CAD, i only buy in the banks.. pls give me an advice on this.. we are really confused. we dont want to encounter a problem upon interviewing

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nsharif said:
Dear Qorax and other members

I am landing at Edmonton on 10 Sep 2012. I will be there for 3 weeks and return back herein GCC. I want settled there after a couples of months.

I have little more money than required for my four family members for POF ($20,599). Now I am requesting a suggestion from you.

1) I have option to carry a bank draft as a POE and cancel it after return back and transfer all my savings when finally moves to Canada.
2) I can transfer all my money now and deposit in a savings account therein Canada?

Would you advise me which option is better /profitable for me considering my situation?

As you always advise forum members to carry Bank draft + Cash (80/20). I am convinced with this. But as I want to finally settle there after couples of months, do you think that it is worthless to deposit all my money in Canada during this period.

Somewhere in this forum I read that if you have ‘'tie-in'' with Canada then you are entitled to summit tax. In my case, If I deposit all my money in Canada this time and return there after couples of months ( say for 1 yr) will it be considered as a ‘'tie-in''?

Thanks in advance

Regards

nsharif
a) U can bring it back & take one again when u r settling here permanently.
b) U need at least 2 x Canadian ties to start filing ur Annual Tax Returns, viz. 1-Bank A/c, 2-Residence Contract/Purchase Deed.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
xony said:
Dear Sir,

I went through the B4 post that you have here, and it's really useful,

I'm asking about gold and jewelery items that I will buy after coming back from lading visit and before going permanently to "live" in Canada. For sure they will not be mentioned in the B4 applications, and not in the "to follow" items as well because I still don't know how they look like or weigh.

am I right?
if yes, these items will be subject to customs? if yes, do you have an idea about the percentage?

thanks again,
xony
If it's not listed -- it'd be subject to duties.
It's another matter that a few jewelleries on person might escape scrutiny. But if u r decked like bride - u'd be stopped.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hazel123 said:
Dear Sir Qorax,

Im new in this thread.. i need your help or anyone who have an idea regarding the proof of funds.. we are a family of 3 landing,landing dis coming sept 18 at Calgary, Alberta.. the required proof funds is CAD 17,011.. now, i only have CAD 3,355 and USD 13,770.. im planning to buy additional 1k CAD.. and the USD will be in form of demand draft. is this okie that i will be bringing USD? because iv heard its okie to bring USD in demand draft but some says that we might be having a problem in the immigration.. what is really the best thing? here in the Philippines, im having a hard time buying CAD, i only buy in the banks.. pls give me an advice on this.. we are really confused. we dont want to encounter a problem upon interviewing
USD is Ok. But if u r getting a draft why don't u make it in CAD? U'd then save in conversion charges.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
Quorax pls can you explain this: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.4350.html
What does change in plans meant in this regard? Thank you

kindeel

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah 21/03/14
qorax said:
a) U can bring it back & take one again when u r settling here permanently.
b) U need at least 2 x Canadian ties to start filing ur Annual Tax Returns, viz. 1-Bank A/c, 2-Residence Contract/Purchase Deed.

Qorax
Dear Qorax

I sent you a PM couple of days ago would you please answer at your earliest. I will much obliged

Regards

Kindeel

xony

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Abu Dhabi - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
IELTS Request
Jan2011
Med's Request
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
Thanks Quorax,

Good news, we will be going to landing trip soon, in october, to Toronto.
We are planning to visit the states, either by car or by air,
and this will happen within 4-12 days from entering canada.

Will it be possible?
Will we be able to enter canada back from the states while we don't have still our PR cards?
and with which paper?
will our landing visa be still valid or it's for a single entry?

please advise,
thanks,
xony